NEUS Projects
Bash (Soldier) - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bash (Soldier) (/showthread.php?tid=11107)

Pages: 1 2

Bash (Soldier) - Snake - 05-05-2024

Bash should deal Soldier Class LV as bonus Blunt physical damage, which ignores armor.

Charge Bash combo should let you target an empty tile and on use, launch you towards the direction you've selected by X tiles (based on Charge), impacting against the first enemy hit, dealing this blunt damage, but not inflicting any additional effect (i.e knockback, knockdown, flatfoot). If successful, it restores 1M. (Since it won't be applying bonus effects)

Melee Charge Bash combo should not do any damage, but apply bonus effects. (i.e, it stays the way it is, a tool for moving enemy away, around or knocking them down)

It'd be cool to see someone being bashed away, then use Charge Bash to re-close the gap and be like 'naw'. More anime.

RE: Bash (Soldier) - Ray2064 - 05-05-2024

35(50 if destiny) damage for 1m would definitely be too much

RE: Bash (Soldier) - Trexmaster - 05-06-2024

You know normally I never post to these suggestion threads because they're blatantly unbalanced but I'm honestly impressed here.

You could've stopped at doubling the free damage bash already gets you (if you used hooked spearhead or damaging tiles god forbid both). You did not even elaborate as to why it should get this, just that 'it should'. Why?

Consider the 'Why' for these suggestions harder in the future.

To actually address the suggestion:

Black Knight (Hanging) and Demon Hunter (Chaser/Winged Serpent) both already have good gap closers that make getting bashed 1 tile away meaningless for most builds that'd benefit from this change. We do not need a literally free gap closer on a base class that is already loaded in that regard with its promotion classes.

As Ray already mentioned the added damage would be wholly unnecessary. If we ever get Fang-Faced Shield that isn't completely neutered it'd compound the already present issues with it. Not to mention the existence of Enchant Shield.

As mentioned in the OP Bash already serves a purpose in potentially denying some builds full efficiency with their turns by forcing them out of 1 range for 1m if not being used to combo into the Soldier's own attacks, and if you really want it to do more damage you can build for that.

RE: Bash (Soldier) - Autumn - 05-06-2024

The fact it doesn't do damage means you don't miss out on the effects of bash if you somehow miss the target (barring elemental impact versions).

This would be a sizeable nerf to the skill in my eyes.

RE: Bash (Soldier) - Poruku - 05-06-2024

I think the idea of making charge bash castable in the air makes sense and is cool, but I can't agree with the rest. Just make it castable in the air. Don't mess with how it works, add damage, or refund momentum, or whatever.

RE: Bash (Soldier) - Ray2064 - 05-06-2024

Making bash castable in the air would help out with Airborne-manipulating shenanigans so that'd be neat

Oh well uh I meant as in, being able to cast it without a target and it applies to the first guy you run into

RE: Bash (Soldier) - Autumn - 05-06-2024

notably that gives Soldier a 2m movement option, on one hand that is a good thing for BKs since in this scenario a Charge Bash > Hanging crit would be a valid combo to move around with, on the other I'm not sure if people are ready for BKs to have that capability in their base kit, instead of being delegated to DH, MA or Duelist. (or Rogue mainclass)

RE: Bash (Soldier) - Rendar - 05-06-2024

(05-06-2024, 07:51 PM)Autumn Wrote: notably that gives Soldier a 2m movement option, on one hand that is a good thing for BKs since in this scenario a Charge Bash > Hanging crit would be a valid combo to move around with, on the other I'm not sure if people are ready for BKs to have that capability in their base kit, instead of being delegated to DH, MA or Duelist. (or Rogue mainclass)

Mother,

I crave to be the most mobile class in the game...

Make it so if you don't hit an enemy you become Knocked Down Smile