NEUS Projects
Gosh Darn Watermelons - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Gosh Darn Watermelons (/showthread.php?tid=11335)

Pages: 1 2

Gosh Darn Watermelons - Rendar - 07-24-2024

Genuinely. I hate this. Every field I go by either has a unique diverse array of plants that people are planting because they want a ton of crops.

Or it's just friggin watermelons.

Because you can cut 1 watermelon into 4 slices. Which sell for the same price as the 1 watermelon. (1 watermelon sells for 1 murai. 4 slices sell for 4 murai).

Can we either have Watermelon slices be knocked down to 1 murai per, or some other way to deal with the Watermelon in the room.

RE: Gosh Darn Watermelons - Poruku - 07-25-2024

What? Why is this a problem?

RE: Gosh Darn Watermelons - Trexmaster - 07-25-2024

If people want to spend ages cutting watermelon slices for profit, let them. It's an extremely minor profit for the time it takes. We've already had numerous nerfs to profitability of farming, I don't think it needs even more.

RE: Gosh Darn Watermelons - Shujin - 07-25-2024

yeah, I rather see more ways to earn money outside of combat, than less.

RE: Gosh Darn Watermelons - Rendar - 07-25-2024

(07-25-2024, 02:30 PM)Shujin Wrote: yeah, I rather see more ways to earn money outside of combat, than less.
Ideal situation!

I would love it too. It's just frustrating to walk by tons of farms and see "Oh this person's just printing money". Or people flaunting their 88k watermelon slices.

I'd love for other things to be brought up.

RE: Gosh Darn Watermelons - Poruku - 07-25-2024

I don't understand how it's frustrating, and nerfing watermelons isn't going to bring up other things. It would just nuke farming profitability even more. I'd rather see other crops being given similar levels of income, with perhaps varying degrees of work required for different profit margins.

For instance maybe making flour from bread takes a two step process but gives the best profit margin, while others are quicker or cost less stamina but give a smaller profit.

RE: Gosh Darn Watermelons - Trexmaster - 07-25-2024

The economy of SL2 is funny.

People will inevitably end up with far more than they will ever use if they spend a fair bit of time playing the game. There simply isn't enough resource sinks for the majority of expendable goods to match how quickly resources can be generated, particularly with items that can be farmed.

There are likely millions of each crop floating around in the collective inventory space of farmers. Maybe 10%~ of what is farmed will actually be used for food/potions. At least the watermelons you see being methodically chopped for profit are being expended and turned into murai, which stands a greater chance of being spent than farm goods.

There are few incentives for people to want to put their crops into circulation or use them, if not for their own friends. As murai cannot always get you what you want, thus it is better to have items with clear purpose on standby than to convert them into murai or consumables you're not sure you need right now.

The solution is not to constantly hammer down people trying to get murai passively, but rather to find ways by which to make murai desirable and able to get what you want beyond the few upgrades/recipes a character's build requires at first.

RE: Gosh Darn Watermelons - Autumn - 07-26-2024

Before I comment on this really, is this even a sustainable way to profit from? While yes I do think inherently engaging with the game's dungeon systems should turn much more of a profit than just passively gaining money, I want to know just how profitable this is, you have to spend money on cutting the seeds and making watermelon slices no? So how much do you even turn up from just 1 watermelon, its like 3 murai per craft isn't it?

RE: Gosh Darn Watermelons - Poruku - 07-26-2024

(07-26-2024, 06:13 AM)Autumn Wrote: Before I comment on this really, is this even a sustainable way to profit from?
Yeah it's kinda abysmal, there is at least one person who's simply doing it to see the stack of watermelon slices go up. If he spent that time grinding he would have made a ridiculously large amount of money.

Honestly we need more ways to make money outside of grinding. People enjoy doing stuff in the video game, but there's absolutely no activities other than fighting and farming... So people do farming for fun. It's one of the few things people have in this game that allows them to engage in a mechanical activity without delving into dungeons. We can't possibly consider beating them down for planting watermelons...

RE: Gosh Darn Watermelons - Rendar - 07-26-2024

(07-26-2024, 06:13 AM)Autumn Wrote: Before I comment on this really, is this even a sustainable way to profit from? While yes I do think inherently engaging with the game's dungeon systems should turn much more of a profit than just passively gaining money, I want to know just how profitable this is, you have to spend money on cutting the seeds and making watermelon slices no? So how much do you even turn up from just 1 watermelon, its like 3 murai per craft isn't it?

Watermelon slices cost 0 murai to craft.

Seeds also cost 0 murai to craft.

Crops can yield 6-10 crops, usually more leaning towards 7.5/8 per field with 3 waterings. We've got fields in Telegrad of 112 size, 130, and 135 size. Going with the smallest size and Nekojinn's estimate of 4 harvests a day (Let's kick it down to 3. Because Chronic SL2 Online-ism is maybe a little unfair)

Using the 135 field, since Telegrad has two of those, it's managing the land once. Then shifting to planting/harvesting. Once all are planted, it takes 3 IG hours (22.5 minutes) to get 3 server ticks to get the necessary watering. 22.5 minutes is 1350 seconds, with 6 seconds to craft (a very generous number here. It's probably more like 5).. That's 225 crafts. Let's assume 180 crafts, since you gotta water the fields every 7.5 minutes!  So. You do that. You now have a proper field! Every harvest you get 1080 watermelons, which require 135 being turned into seeds, leaving you with 945 to be cut into sliced. 108 minutes of cutting. Course. It's not factoring in stamina. Stamina is 1 per craft. Putting it at, the higher end of 6 second crafts, 75 stamina / tick.

Kiryn is a 35 vit character, with 172 phys stamina. A tick of Yam Soup (20% + Gourmet, NO Green Lover, so 25% total) +1 pip of March (Stamina) is 52.6 stamina. Which is kind of strange, considering Gourmet only says "by 5 each" and it seems to be improving the stamina regen by more than that... but maybe there's a baseline 5% stamina regen? Anyways. 52.6 with a 20% phys food. There'll be a lot of breaks of just simply waiting for stamina, so a smaller field might be better. regardless. That's 52.6 crafts / 7.5 minutes at a sustainable rate, which allows for 1080 watermelons to be worked through in about 3 hours. Which sounds abysmal, but I've seen people literally RPing and just cutting watermelons mid-rp. 3780 water melon slices turn into 3780 murai. You can do this upwards of 3 times a day. Or less if you're lazy.

Do you get more money from mob rush grinding? Yeah. Duh. of course. 

This is just a source of income that doesn't require delving into dungeons. Which I am fine with, but it highlights a bit of a problem in that not all crops are created equal, and watermelons are the money-maker. I'd like for other crops to have byproducts, like Watermelon Slices, that can be sold for a higher value by investing physical stamina into converting it. Hell. Milk > Cheese with how much physical stamina and ingredients it takes doesn't even compare. I'd like to see other non-combat ways of garnering money. I'd like for fishing to be actually worthwhile for the amount of time investment that actively has you engaging with the game since you have to do QTEs to catch fish.

I apologize if my explanation prior whenever I was making this thread was poor.