NEUS Projects
(Legend Ability) Eir Defiant - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: (Legend Ability) Eir Defiant (/showthread.php?tid=1403)

Pages: 1 2 3

(Legend Ability) Eir Defiant - Chaos - 06-19-2015

Based off a vague idea I posted in a certain topic....

Quote:Eir Defiant [Legend Ability (Fate)] [Ranks: 1]

The inability to accept the ideals of well-founded professions, and the will to forge a unique growth for one's self. This ability allows you to replace your Main Class' growths with a set of customized growths. You can only set these growths once per Legend Extend.

Here's a quick summary of how this would work:
  • When acquired, a 'Legend Growths' window will be accessible from the Legend Journal. This is where the growths can be set up.
  • When acquired (and at the beginning of each Legend Extension), the user will be prompted to distribute 140% amongst the complete list of stats. They will have to confirm their choices when finished, as long as there is no % left to be distributed.
  • When setting up the growths, any single stat cannot have more than 50% growth assigned to it.
  • Once the growths are confirmed, they cannot be changed until the user performs another Legend Extension.
  • Once confirmed and finalized, the listed growths will be used in place of whatever growths the current Main Class gives. This can be toggled on and off as desired, as long as the user isn't in a dungeon.

What's the good behind this idea? It will allow players to take a shot at a plethora of stat builds that current classes do not support, without the immeasurable wait for Dev to add in more classes that hopefully don't use the (mostly) same growth builds as existing classes. It will also shift some focus away from growths when choosing which Main Class to go into PvE with, and possibly give more room for classes that are often unused in PvE to see some life for once.

As for potential concerns (that I can think of):

Quote:Q: But Chaos, everyone could end up the same!
A: Nope. We're talking a limited amount of growth distribution here, not static stat progression or limited stat point assignment. Pigs will fly like Superman before anyone gets a 'perfect' growth distribution or anything like that.

Quote:Q: But Chaos, you can just maximize the three stats you need the most!
A: That's a possibility. However, that also means they're losing quite a bit in the other five or so stat growths, and the RNG usually doesn't play nice with stats that get left behind in a specialization build. I've also personally tested maximized growth distributions, and so far, the results leave a good bit to be desired from anyone that goes 50/50/40.

Quote:Q: But Chaos, this makes Class Growths useless!
A: You still have Sub Class Growths to worry about. Beyond that, yes, it can make the system-given Class Growths a bit useless. However, I believe this can be a positive change, and a major help to diversify the current stat builds without forcing Dev to make a bunch of classes with unseen growth spreads, especially when this suggestion can be applied far, far faster.

Quote:Q: But Chaos, the Growth Calculator is giving me some seriously good results! I could curbstomp Ashe if I went with these!
A: That depends. Are you maxing out absolutely everything, or trying to emulate what you'll end up with at level 1 and work up to?

To get the best results, it takes at least 10 Legend Extends that max out the Growth bonuses, extra Talent Points, extra Trait Points, and get 'Eir Defiant'. Even then, assuming you have as many relevant, Talent-boosting enchantments on as possible, you need to hit level 26 and grab the Exceptional Skill trait to reach the results you'd get from checking off every option and maximizing Devotion. Don't have those enchantments on? It's level 31 with the E. Skill trait.

Additionally, assuming you pump the three extra Trait Points into Basic/Advanced/Expert Training, you would need anywhere from 1-3 levels where SKI goes up, and then a Trait Point to get Style Blending. The only way to achieve this by level 2 is with a Tannite, and assumes that your growth spread doesn't ignore your SKI.

But if you're trying to talk about builds don't rely on having the whole package or take the actual progression into account, I still disagree; the testing i've done so far isn't giving me any builds that are particularly brutal.

Re: (Legend Ability) Eir Defiant - Ranylyn - 06-19-2015

I support this wholeheartedly.

I don't expect others to follow suit.

Re: (Legend Ability) Eir Defiant - Sawrock - 06-19-2015

I love this idea.

Re: (Legend Ability) Eir Defiant - Reikou - 06-19-2015

Please, make it happen.

Re: (Legend Ability) Eir Defiant - Kavoir - 06-19-2015

People will get to complain about the bad distributions they made themselves this is a great idea. I mean this completely unironically.

Re: (Legend Ability) Eir Defiant - Kameron8 - 06-19-2015

I want this. This brings a whole extra layer of customization that I think this game needs.

Re: (Legend Ability) Eir Defiant - Slydria - 06-19-2015

I like the idea overall and I would like to see it but I'm concerned about the minmaxing and balancing issues this would bring.

Re: (Legend Ability) Eir Defiant - Normal Username - 06-19-2015

+1 Support

Re: (Legend Ability) Eir Defiant - Trexmaster - 06-19-2015

I'm all for this. It'd give a lot more freedom in deciding how your character will turn out, and people -already- LE over and over again to get rediculous stats, so I don't think making things easier is going to suddenly change anything other than just how easy it is to do that.

Not only that, it'd make the age old 'grinding with an awful class because you want their gains' issue almost non-existant. People could grind much easier with way more options than they could before if this becomes a thing.

Re: (Legend Ability) Eir Defiant - Ranylyn - 06-19-2015

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7898#p7898 Wrote:Slydria ยป Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:02 pm[/url]"]I like the idea overall and I would like to see it but I'm concerned about the minmaxing and balancing issues this would bring.

Stats still cap at 80, so it's not like it would be completely gamebreaking. I do understand your concern, but it won't be TOO ridiculous due to the limitations.

Myself, I'm much more interested in...

- Finally getting a 50% Str option, as levelling a Str character presently means being stuck with Arbalest's 40%.
- More "Glass Cannon" builds that sacrifice Vit/Def/Res for optimal offense
- More Tanky builds that sacrifice Str/Wil/Ski for optimal defense.
- The ability to get Lady Luck before level 30
- Elves who aren't crappier healers than 25+% Will races (50% Custom main + Subbing Evoker would let an Elf reach 103% Will - they'd have a snowball's chance in hell finally)
- The ability to keep specific values low on a character they're ICly meant to be low on. (Example: Evoker has Skill and Cel. What if the character is meant to be a bumbling inept klutz packing incredible yet unstable power)
- The ability to actually use your class's skills without levelling as a different class first (Examples: Thousand Stab scaling with Cel on a class without Cel gains, Any will-based skill on VA/Ghost/Monk, an LB's spear stuff, etc)
- Not needing to wait on Dev to implement a class whose growths finally fit a niche we don't have represented in our current growth spreads, such as anything with Decent Res and an offensive stat (BK at least gets 30% Str on it's 40% Def. Ghost gets 20% Str) Or a fast physical fighter (Kensei and VA both only have 30 Strength. Most races cannot even reach 75% without maining Arbalest, which is slow)
- Since Evasion is a thing now, there'd be a hard counter to people who drop everything into Will/Vit/Def/Res and no skill.

Sure, minor issues may crop up involving the reworking of a few things (I could totally see Res/Luc stacking to exploit wraithguard leading to a change in the formula, for example) but overall, I'm convinced it will be primarily positive.