NEUS Projects
[Races] Racial Equality - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [Races] Racial Equality (/showthread.php?tid=159)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

[Races] Racial Equality - Ryu-Kazuki - 11-19-2014

This is kind of a mix of Suggestion / Balance Fu because it provides both additions to lackluster races, and improvements to old skills they have. This was a collaborative work with a group of community members over Skype and their input on things. Sure it could stand to be better, and more could be suggested, but that can always be adjusted.

I want to use this thread currently to suggest additions / improvements to races whom get shunned against because of the shiny power most other races provide. I'd personally like to make all the races desirable for people in some manner other than, "I like this animal / idea, so I'll play it".

Please don't use this as a rage n' rant drama thread for, "I don't like this, it shouldn't exist, blah blah"; let's all try to be very constructive with our criticism, and if all you've got to say is something insulting someone or flat out calling their ideas stupid with no decent argument, please, don't post, at all. This is for everybody, let's all please try to come up with some ways to make a balanced improvement for all races in the game and new ones to exist later.

I'll update this when changes are made and new suggestions are made to present them to Dev. Without further adieu.

Racial Balance

Additions:

Lupine:
Starting Abilities:
Compared to the other Kaelensia, Lupines have nothing the others don't (other than a different Instinct Effect which is a good boost for a Ghost, but still requires you to get hurt in order to activate it) and is pretty unfair that every other Kaelensian race has at least something unique other than a different version of Instinct; IE -1M cost per 25% HP you have, Corbies getting free Airborne, don't even get me started on Phenex.

Pack Mind:
The strength of having your brethren inspires you to fight harder, to protect and defend your fellow siblings. For each Lupine in your party you gain +1 DEF (to a max of 3 because the party fits up to 4). With this and the 25% Instinct they get, they'd only get a max of +7 DEF; if they had a party full of other Lupine.

Bare Fangs:
Angering a Lupine isn't the smartest thing to do, they can be pretty intimidating. The Lupine begins to stand its ground against their opponent and causes they to think twice about how they will handle the beast. An enemy the Lupine has targeted (within 2 squares) with its snarl will...
Become feared for 2 turns. (Does not stack.) [Hey look, a use for liquid courage.]
Or
Have their CEL / DEF lowered by (Lupine's Lv / 10 (equals a total of 6 at lv 60) min 1) for 2 rounds.

Lunar Howl:
Drawn to the majesty of the moon, Lupines become inspired, and may Howl to show their strength and spirit, like a war cry.
If Night: Pushes back all enemies in melee range 1 square for 1M and has a % chance to Knockdown enemies (5+STR/4%).
If Day: Pushes back all enemies in melee range 1 square for 1M and has a % chance to Silence self from overdoing it and making their throat sore (and looking like an idiot who praises the sun) (5+STR/4%).

Humans:
Starting Abilities:

Origin Being:
Humans were the first to exist on the planet, far before recorded history. Unblessed by the gods, they still were more accustomed to the nature of their home than the offspring of those who worshiped patron deities.
Humans have a natural 5% resistance to all elements (or just Earth, Fire, Wind, Water (and Heart)).

Innovation:
Humans have existed long before the gods appeared, and during their tribal times have waged wars before recorded history. Making weapons and food to support their soldiers was always a necessity.
Humans gain a +1 to Metalwork, Woodwork, Tailoring, and Cooking and doubles XP gained towards crafting levels.

Basic Knowledge:
Humans know the basics, a lot better than other people. They may not be the brightest in the bunch, but they do understand "common sense" and scholarship.
Humans gain a +1 to the Fluency Talent.

Redtail:
Starting Abilities:
Talistron (Aerich Harris on Skype) suggested that Redtails be able to toggle their dice bonuses in the event they don't want to actually gamble and make a loss.

Glykin:
Starting Abilities:

Glykin have a very unique and powerful ability, but they have so few compared to other races, and nothing really related to their scales. Just a simple fix on that regard.

Serpent Scales:
The Glykin possessing scales of Serpent-kind can more easily protect themselves from physical harm.
Gain +2 DEF.
Or
Gain 2% Physical damage reduction.

Lich:

Arcane Shield:
Being able to dominate focus so easily to even be a living embodiment of it, you're able to strain yourself a bit to erect a barrier around your person. While it does harden and make a shield to protect yourself, it does make you a tad slower (-25 Evade or -10 CEL). However, in doing so you lose 50% of your current FP to erect a BARRIER with LVL equal to FP lost for 10 rounds (Cannot be Null-shelled). When doing this, any damage you take is sent to the barrier, reducing its level by damage taken*1.5. This skill cannot be used unless you are at 75%+ FP. This skill takes 1 M, or possibly a toggle for doing it at the start of a fight.

Trait Additions (for the cost of 1 TP also):

Papillion & Doriad:

Refer to: http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=116 by Maikito

Papilion:

Bufferflies:

Butterfly Illusions increase all stats by Papilion's Level / 10 (max of +5 to all stats for a total of 6 in every stat).

Changes:

Zeran:

Superiority:

This skill is currently very lack luster due to the numerical values set in place. It's a good skill set, but the values are too low with how combat is now. -2 to STR and WIL is nothing with item/class/skill mods and can easily be made up for. -10 HIT does nothing against Mages who just spam spells at a distance, same for Archers (in fact, what Archer would want to be that close to a Zeran due to ranged weapon nerfs now?), and with Blessed, Melee users can easily bypass -10 to HIT (let alone -15 with the bonus from Crown of Heaven).
Mind you, the enemy has to be within 1 square range for Superiority to even work against them.

Sly in the Bad Reception thread suggested to change the formula for the facing effect, but I can agree 20% with the Crown of Heaven bonus he suggested is a bit much. I propose a formula relative to their progress in level (which fluctuates when you Legend Extension).
Facing Change: - STR / WIL based of (Zeran lv / 15 for a max of- 4 against the enemy at lv 60, plus with the current Crown of Heaven bonus a max of -6 to STR / WIL which still requires the bonus of Crown of Heaven to even reach -6).
Not Facing Change: -15 to enemy HIT which still only nets 22 with Crown of Heaven's 1.5x bonus due to (15 / 2) = 7.5; 7.5 + 15 = 22.5 rounded down to 22. Or set it to a max of -20.

Also, change the level limit from 3 to 5.

Crown of Heaven:

Sly's suggestion in the Bad Reception thread was this;
Crown of Heaven -
The horns that protrude from all Zerans. It is a physical similarity to Zera, as well as being seen as the trophy for the victory of Heaven's Contention. They are extremely hard, and are sensitive to the flow of nearby magic, detecting it in a sense.

Similarly, they are also sensitive to how well stocked the body is on focus, functioning better the more there is.

Grants +1 DEF, +1 RES and +1 Skill with Enchanting.

If you currently have FP equal to or greater than the listed percentages of your maximum FP, you also gain additional effects.

25% FP - Your horns are sturdier, gaining +1 DEF and RES per 25% of your maximum FP.

50% FP - Your horns act like a conduit for focus, any beneficial effect applied to you that normally lasts for 3 or more Rounds will now last for 1 Round longer.

75% FP - Your horns have their full color, not paling to black in the slightest, making them much more magnificent. The effects of 'Superiority' are multiplied by 2x.

100% FP - The peak of your focus and power, you emit an otherworldly sensation that instills a sense of dread, not unlike how it would feel to stand before Zera himself, albeit on a much lesser scale. All enemies under the effect of Superiority also become stricken with Hesitation. (LV = Zeran's Level/6%, min. 5%)

I'm fine with all of these, especially since they have a lot of drawbacks and downsides to them, especially for anyone who eats FP like a fat man at an eating contest. Though, the 75% could stand to remain at 1.5x in my opinion.

Biggest thing; the current 50% needs to change, all races can see current / max FP and it's a useless ability either way, get rid of that effect please.

Phenex:

From the Ashes:

This skill trigger needs to change, badly. It's basically an emergency Pre-Hi Potion, but the downside is, you need 100% FP to use it; and no one at any point in battle, besides Round 1 (especially any sort of Mage) has 100% FP unless they do nothing but basic attacks. This is also unfair for Ghost Phenexes because Rising Game at r4 causes their WIL to increase and the max FP they have to increase with it. This cheats them out of getting either r4 or r5 to get the LUC increase.

Maikito proposed to change this to "If below 60% (or 75%) FP when defeated, From the Ashes does not trigger." Or something along the lines of that nature because of its 10 round cool down which is just like Potion Sickness from a Pre-Hi Potion, and no one, unless very early on in battle, is ever at 100% FP.

Umbral:

The Mark:

This is a good ability, most of Umbrals' abilities are, but it'd be more favorable if it gave more with progress. Proposed change; if they take any form of Magic Damage they recover FP based on (FP recovered = Umbral's RES / 3, Max 6 FP, Min of 3 FP until above 9 RES).

Elf:

Healer's Legacy:

I figured since Water is considered a form of Life Magic, maybe this could provide some boosts to the rare and hard to control water arcana, seeing as Elves are better with life magic than others from my guess.

When healing an ally or themselves with a healing spell, the base Power of that spell is doubled. When casting water domain arcana the base spell Power is increased by 1.5x (or 1.25x if that's too much). In addition, when creating potion items with Alchemy, their Skill is increased by 1.

Or

When healing an ally or themself with a healing spell, the Power of that spell is increased by 25% after mods apply. In addition, when creating potion items with Alchemy, their Skill is increased by 1.

Re: [Races] Racial Equality - LadyLightning - 11-19-2014

What does 'base power' refer to?

Does an Elf who casts Graft for a normal value of WIL + tome power + 14
(I think it was 14?) heal WIL*2 + tome power*2 + 28? Or is only the +14
from rank doubled?

Same goes for Aquarian domain spells. Does an Elven summoner throw
Parraeta for 7.5+AsraiLV*3, or the default of 5+AsraiLV*2? Does Parraeta
count as a healing spell as well, since it heals you too? If so, does it then
deal 15+AsraiLV*6?

Re: [Races] Racial Equality - Ryu-Kazuki - 11-19-2014

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=656#p656 Wrote:LadyLightning » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:18 pm[/url]"]What does 'base power' refer to?

Does an Elf who casts Graft for a normal value of WIL + tome power + 14
(I think it was 14?) heal WIL*2 + tome power*2 + 28? Or is only the +14
from rank doubled?

Same goes for Aquarian domain spells. Does an Elven summoner throw
Parraeta for 7.5+AsraiLV*3, or the default of 5+AsraiLV*2? Does Parraeta
count as a healing spell as well, since it heals you too? If so, does it then
deal 15+AsraiLV*6?

I'm not sure about that, but I think it's only the 14 gets doubled. I know for a fact not all of the parts to the calc get doubled, otherwise mathematically it'd just make sense to double the output; and no Elf has done much over 100 or so HP from healing. Otherwise with for example 60*2 + 23*2 + 28 = 174, and I've yet to see an Elf heal that much. Tome power is a mod, not base.

Re: [Races] Racial Equality - Mivereous - 11-19-2014

I would prefer Innovation on Human side just increase the Crafting cap of all Craft by 1, rather than starting a level ahead. Or maybe both.

The Mark change I would also prefer have a minimum, as out of 3 Umbrals, none have made it past 8 RES... :c

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=658#p658 Wrote:Mivereous » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:22 pm[/url]"]I would prefer Innovation on Human side just increase the Crafting cap of all Craft by 1, rather than starting a level ahead. Or maybe both.

The Mark change I would also prefer have a minimum, as out of 3 Umbrals, none have made it past 8 RES... :c

I disagree on Innovation, because regardless you still can only invest a max of 4 points in each craft, and get a total of 6 without Legend Extension or buffs. With a bonus +1 you at least not only get a good start, but a general higher quality than other races.

As for a minimum to The Mark, I'm not sure what's exactly reasonable, maybe a Min of 3 like the skill already has might be fair. Though this would benefit Ghosts and Lantern Bearers more than anybody.

Re: [Races] Racial Equality - Mivereous - 11-19-2014

In reference to The Mark: Perhaps a minimum of 3 up to 9 RES, then past that it would start stacking on. Did I English that right? It's been a long day.

I'll go ahead and make a Min of 3 FP for The Mark.

As for Lolzy, I deleted your post, not because you wanted to bring back an old argument from another topic, you clearly didn't read when I said I didn't want;

Please don't use this as a rage n' rant drama thread for, "I don't like this, it shouldn't exist, blah blah"; let's all try to be very constructive with our criticism, and if all you've got to say is something insulting someone or flat out calling their ideas stupid with no decent argument, please, don't post, at all. This is for everybody, let's all please try to come up with some ways to make a balanced improvement for all races in the game and new ones to exist later.

to happen.

So, if you can come back, provide a decent argument without whining and insulting anyone (I don't care who it is, this isn't the place for that stuff), then feel free to come back and post please.

Edit: For clarification on the warning. I'm going to say that your post was deleted Lolzy because you insulted me directly and my affiliation with the Army. You're free to post your opinion and disagreements, but this isn't the place to go around insulting people just because they don't agree with you; I've expressed this multiple times already.

Re: [Races] Racial Equality - Rendar - 11-19-2014

Elf's healer legacy doubles the healing power base, which for graft is.. +14 or something? So it turns that into +28

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=663#p663 Wrote:Rendar » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:42 pm[/url]"]Elf's healer legacy doubles the healing power base, which for graft is.. +14 or something? So it turns that into +28

Yeah, but if we're correct it doesn't apply the WIL and Tome to double, correct? That's what I thought anyway.

Re: [Races] Racial Equality - Rendar - 11-19-2014

It doesn't apply the WIL and Tome double. That'd just be OP.