NEUS Projects
Enchanting - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Enchanting (/showthread.php?tid=175)

Pages: 1 2

Enchanting - Rendar - 11-19-2014

Can Enchanters get "GOOD SUCCESS" stuff whenever we enchant something with a much higher rank. Weapons get +2 power, etc, if they're made masterwork. I just want something similar for enchanters that make taking enchanting an actual useful trade skill rather than "Well everyone has base 4 when blessing crap anyways. Who cares?"

Possibilities include allowing gear to be 'double' enchanted in a sense, letting you place another enchantment on it at half, or even 1/4th power depending on the enchantment.

Possible Ideas to change it up
*'Double' Enchant
*Bonus Gear stats
*Resistances
*Not using a Catalyst

Re: Enchanting - Ryu-Kazuki - 11-19-2014

I don't quite understand the list you have posted below the suggestion. Could you explain it a bit?

Re: Enchanting - LadyLightning - 11-19-2014

I think what Sderg is trying to get across is that Enchanting is currently a very monotone craft.
Once you have 4 skill, you can apply everything with no chance of failure, and there's no extra
benefit for going above that.

I propose that Enchanting great successes add a second quality to the item in addition to the
normal enchantment of the catalyst used. This quality would function as follows:

Attuned: This item was enchanted by a particularly skilled enchanter, and still has some room
left for more Focus. You can apply another enchantment to this item without overwriting the
enchantment it already has, but the effects of the second enchantment are halved. An Attuned
item cannot have two of the same enchantment on it, nor can it have more than two different
enchantments at a time.

Re: Enchanting - Rendar - 11-19-2014

The list under the post is 'possible changes' to make Enchanting more in line with the other crafts.

Re: Enchanting - Ryu-Kazuki - 11-19-2014

You need a skill of 5 to apply Godly enchants.

But, as for that idea, I'm not entirely sure how that'd work, or if I want it.. Though I am up for a % chance to not use the Catalyst upon enchanting if you have a high enough skill level.

As for the list, I understand now.

Re: Enchanting - Rendar - 11-19-2014

A skill of 5 isn't that hard to get. I would definitely like to see enchanting get some love. Maybe give some extra stats or resistances. SOMETHING to make enchanting worthwhile. Or even a way to create your own enchantments if you have proper ingredients to mix-n-make. Would be nice to have a enchantment customization system for good enchanters.

Re: Enchanting - MegaBlues - 11-20-2014

I think catalysts not being used in "Great Success" enchants would be amazing.

It'd make the name 'catalyst' mean something, and it'd make the Godly catalysts more useful.

Re: Enchanting - Ranylyn - 11-20-2014

The thought of being able to apply a second catlyst at half power utterly horrifies me. Rebellion Blessed weapons? Noooooooo.

My vote goes to not using up the catalyst. Your expert manipulation of the magical powers allow you to not destroy the original catalyst, which quickly absorbs focus from the air around it to replenish it's powers, or something. As stated, it would make Godly catalysts far more useful, considering they cost legend inks.

Re: Enchanting - Daisuke - 11-20-2014

Am for catalysts not being used up. That'd be neat.
Except for godly catalysts, or at least they should have a very low chance of it happening.

Re: Enchanting - LadyLightning - 11-20-2014

Perhaps something like this would be better:

At any enchanting table or with the portable science kit, you could select an item and
'prime' it for enchanting by clicking the Prime button on the GUI. This would be free to
do, and would remove from the item any current enchantments it has.

After an item is 'primed', it gains a number of 'Enchantment Points' equal to your skill
in Enchanting, that you can use to add abilities to that item, by placing it on the table
and clicking the Enchant button. This would open a second GUI that functions much
like the Trait window for characters, with the left hand side showing all enchantments
that can be placed on the item, and the right hand side showing the enchantments the
item currently has.

As long as the window is open, you can mix and match enchantments freely, provided
you have the point cost to buy each one. If you decide you don't want a particular one,
you can drag it back to the left side to get your Enchantment Points back. Once your
item is the way you like it, you can click the Apply button to lock in that enchantment
setting, meaning that you could no longer un-buy any selected enchantments.

Points that haven't been spent would stay on the weapon, and you could apply more
enchantments later using those points.

These abilities would be the effects of the existing catalysts, and each one would cost
a number of points based on its relative power. In order to apply an enchantment to
an item, you would first need to 'learn' that enchantment by consuming the catalyst
which provides it. In order to learn Blessed, for example, you would need to acquire
and use a Scripture from your inventory, destroying the item in the process. Now, one
catalyst can theoretically provide its enchantment to an infinite number of weapons.

This means that catalysts are more valuable, and should be accordingly harder to get.
Catalysts that are sold in the Arena would have their prices raised to 750 arena tokens.
Catalysts that could previously drop in their catalyst form in a dungeon can no longer
do so. Catalysts that could be received from breaking down an enchanted weapon have
the percentage chance to acquire them decimated; Catalysts that previously had a 50%
chance to drop from a broken down weapon now have a 5% chance, and those that had
a 20% chance now have a 2% chance. This makes catalysts a valuable commodity, and
encourages players to buy, sell and trade them. It also makes enchanting services at a
premium, since only someone who's leveled their Enchanting skill and acquired the
catalyst could apply enchantments to your weapons. Characters could make a living by
selling their services as an enchanter, and use that murai to buy more catalysts.

The Divine and Vorpal catalysts that cost Legend Inks would be made a much more
appealing choice of where to spend your Inks, and they would have to be untradeable
to prevent players who are uninterested in Enchanting from simply turning Legend Inks
into murai by selling those catalysts to an enchanter.

Balance Notes:
Starting at 1 and levelling your Enchanting skill 4 times would give most characters a
baseline of 5 enchantment points, or 6 with the talent point. Authored enchanters will
be able to reach an Enchanting skill of 7, and one could further increase that to 8 by
being a Zeran.

The Devotion talent would instead lower the Enchantment Point cost of Blessed and
Holy enchantments by 1 point, rather than granting you +1 skill when creating them.

If we assume that the point cost of an enchantment is equal to its difficulty under the
current system, the cheapest enchantments would cost 3 points, while the 'better'
ones like Blessed, Reaper, or Rebelling, would cost 4 points, and godly enchantments
would cost 5 points. Under even the best circumstances, one could have a Reaper's
weapon of Rebelling, or a Floating Vorpal weapon. Only the Devoted could have a
Divine Blessed weapon, as the Devotion trait reduces the cost of Blessed from 4 points
down to 3.

Great Successes could be calculated when 'priming' an item, and would provide that
item with +1 Enchantment Point, bringing the maximum total to 9, for Authored Zeran
Enchanters. This would enable such a character to apply a godly enchantment and a
4-point enchantment to the same item. This would also serve to make Zerans a much
more attractive choice at character creation, far better than any change to Crown of
Heaven.

The process of applying the enchantment itself would have a cost of 1,000 murai for
each Enchantment Point spent, providing a baseline cost to which enchanters could
add a surcharge for their customers. Perhaps applying Divine or Vorpal could even cost
1 Legend Ink for each application.