NEUS Projects
Curate skill: Calm - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Curate skill: Calm (/showthread.php?tid=2392)

Pages: 1 2

Curate skill: Calm - Autumn - 02-26-2016

As it stands, Calm itself hardly even stands as even being worth it as a skill to spend points into, let alone it being a main class skill at that, I'd like to buff this skill just a little bit with 2 suggestions:

1. Calm is no longer main class only skill, it hardly constitutes as being overbearing in any way, I don't see why it has to be main class.

2. You can now select an ally(not yourself) and cure their Fear and Hesitation status(hesitation level rank*3 max)

Any thoughts?

Re: Curate skill: Calm - Ranylyn - 02-27-2016

Doesn't Calm reduce rage energy? Because it seems absolutely hilarious that people whine about Matador being OP while ignoring a potential counter to it.

Now, I've never personally tested it, but I do think we need to consider it's impact on rage energy before we consider any changes. Does anyone have numbers they can contribute?

Re: Curate skill: Calm - Rendar - 02-27-2016

It reduces rage energy by like.. 60 or 30. I can't remember which, though.

Except it doesn't exactly HELP because main-classing curate (for 3M to maybe reduce their rage energy) is rather useless. Especially compared to other main class skills such as flat out 10% Damage reduction.

Also the fact that curate's.. Uh. Don't raise Matador Rage Energy. Because they use magical attacks.

Thanks for the numbers. Agreed, that's just not good enough on it's own.

I'm in favor of the original suggestions, then.

Re: Curate skill: Calm - Neus - 02-27-2016

It's a main class skill because it's a hard counter to Matador, mainly.

Re: Curate skill: Calm - Rendar - 02-27-2016

Except it doesn't 'hard counter' matador that much.. considering 300 max rage energy is a lot.. and if you're a magic class going against matador..

They've already fucked up, and have fixed this by changing to COBRA for insta dodges. Calm is, by no means, a 'hard counter' to Matador.

Re: Curate skill: Calm - Autumn - 02-27-2016

If it was a hard counter to Matador it would remove all rage and inhibit rage generation completely, remove Know no Pain as well as disable Retaliate, it is by far not even a counter to Matador, its not even considered a soft counter in any sense, when you would have to spend 200+ FP and 18 momentum to reduce Rage from 300 -> 0.

No need to be that drastic, especially since KNP doesn't mean anything against magic, which Curates primarily use (although it is possible to use a Physically oriented curate purely for limited support.) For it to be a hard counter, it doesn't need to 100% completely disable all matador functions. It just has to make Matador infuriatingly inconvenient to use.

That said, from my own experience trying to use Calm, GG status infliction formula, GFFG. Curate and it's promos just don't have the stats for it. I mean, I suppose one could make the inevitable argument of "lol you're a derptard for not levelling as an evoker" but one also needs to consider God Rod and Faith. So 1/2 of only decent will, all of nearly nonexistant skill, and... well, Luck is usually the hardest stat to raise for any character ever anyays.

Re: Curate skill: Calm - Chaos - 02-27-2016

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=12387#p12387 Wrote:Spoops ยป Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:50 am[/url]"]If it was a hard counter to Matador it would remove all rage and inhibit rage generation completely, remove Know no Pain as well as disable Retaliate, it is by far not even a counter to Matador, its not even considered a soft counter in any sense, when you would have to spend 200+ FP and 18 momentum to reduce Rage from 300 -> 0.
Get that truckload of salt out of here. 'Hard counter' does not mean 'apply once to completely remove an entire setup' and you know it.

And on that note, Matador gains Rage Energy off of all damage. Know No Pain is the skill that profits off of Physical damage, and Calm can completely ruin any chance of utilizing Rage Energy if KNP isn't used or isn't providing any additional Rage. Not to mention that even with KNP, smart use will prevent a powerful Retaliate from ever surfacing. That sounds like a 'hard counter' to me.

However, I wouldn't exactly call it a 'hard counter' when it's a LUC-based chance. I'd rather assign the chance to FAI instead of dumping a Curate niche on LUC.

Re: Curate skill: Calm - Autumn - 02-28-2016

Granted I was exaggerating with my post majorly to get the point across, I apologize if it seems rude but I do think that it needed to be addressed. I have seen no one ever use this skill, and while there are a lot of skills that absolutely no one would ever use under most circumstances (hello Death Gaze/Crystal Rose), none of them are main class skills, and that is my problem.