NEUS Projects
Expanding On Destiny - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Expanding On Destiny (/showthread.php?tid=2421)

Pages: 1 2

Expanding On Destiny - Kameron8 - 03-08-2016

I'm making this topic to try and gauge if people would be for or against a subset of the new Destiny mechanic, with an even narrower focus than its parent. To keep it concise, here is the idea.

After selecting a destiny, characters may further spend 1 Legend Ink to place a point into a Fated Path. Fated Paths correspond to a promoted class; for example, one would be able to choose either Fated Path: Ghost or Fated Path: Kensei so long as they already had a point in Destiny: Duelist. The effects of this decision would be as follows:

1. The character's equipped class and subclass will both be the class selected for a Fated Path. Fated Path: Priest characters would only be able to equip Priest and Priest. (Skills from the base class would still be accessible)
2. The character's max level for that class rises to 60, from Destiny's 50. This should grant players the ability to get every -- or at least most -- skills for their one class.
3. The character is given one "Legendary SP." All promoted classes would gain 2 (maybe 3, but this grows out of hand quickly) Legendary Skills that can only be acquired by spending a Legendary SP. These abilities would be extremely powerful, serving to signify the character's mastery of their chosen path.

To give a more coherent idea of how this would function, I added a few random examples below.

Fated Path: Black Knight

An unbreakable aegis, unphased by the toils of blade and iron. All those who dare approach become pawns, marching eternally forward until they are inevitably captured.

Legendary Abilities (Choose One):

1. The Void:

Invoke a limited reality alteration called 'The Void'. The Black Knight is surrounded by a 2-tile range chess board (Including diagonals, for a grand total of a 5x5 square centered on the Knight) for 4 rounds. Enemies in this area cannot cast spells, and cannot use any ability with a movement component. Furthermore, all characters in this area -- friend, foe, and caster alike -- have their Movement set to an immutable 1. This skill can only be used once per battle.

2. Bastion:

Prerequisite: Negation Rank 5.

The Black Knight can no longer be critically struck. Additionally, the Black Wind is no longer invoked: it is treated as a Permanent Duration buff for the sake of Indomitable.

Fated Path: Hexer

A conduit for the spirits and a master of the darker Arcane. Enemies crumple and writhe under the curses and doom brought upon them.

1. Debilitate:

Target one enemy within five range. The target is immediately inflicted with all known and equipped curses, Blind, Celsius LV 5, Fear, Silence, Interference, and Hesitation LV 35 for 2 rounds. This spell cannot be cast more than once per battle.

2. Plague Bringer:

Prerequisite: Dark Invasion Rank 5

The Hexer will always succeed infliction checks, and Hexes may be cast at an unlimited range.

Fated Path: Demon Hunter

A paragon of versatility and style, adapting to any challenges faced. Your love for extravagance is only matched by your love for pizza.

1. Chimera Stance:

Prerequisites: Reaver, Cobra, Matador, and Desperado Stance Rank 3. Pizza Lover Rank 1.

All stances are removed and replaced by Chimera Stance. While in Chimera Stance, the demon hunter may use all skills from every stance, and benefits from every passive at the same time. (Snake Dancer, Know No Pain, Bullet Barrier, Martial Lawbreaker, Combination Fighter, etc)

2. Curtain Call:

The demon hunter unleashes their might in a display of style and raw skill. For 3 rounds, enter an empowered stance based on the one currently being used. For the duration of this skill, stances cannot be changed. This ability may only be used once per battle.

Annihilator (Reaver): All Soldier skills have their FP costs reduced to 0. Furthermore, all skills cost 1 momentum so long as Martial Lawbreaker is enabled. (The first strike deals 100%, then 75%, then the rest 50%, as normal. Attempting to use the same attack twice will result in it costing 4 momentum, also like normal).

Minotaur (Matador): 100% of all damage taken is converted to rage energy. Furthermore, Know No Pain reduces all physical damage taken to 0. Lastly, Stampede's range cap is removed.

Basilisk (Cobra): The number of dodges that can be utilized from Snake Dancer for a given round are no longer capped. Furthermore, the demon hunter is provided immunity to blind and knockdown. Leaping Lizard will always gain the benefits of Enemy Climb, regardless of whether an enemy is within one range, and Winged Serpent's max range is doubled (16 at max rank).

Marauder (Desperado): The number of arrows and bullets that can be stopped by Bullet Barrier is no longer capped, and the radius of Nitrogen Drop is tripled. Furthermore, Lead Storm no longer has a range restriction, firing at all enemies on the map. Lastly, One Punch KO will now knockdown any target struck within 1 range, or any target who is critically hit or airborne (from any range).

These are simply ideas to better illustrate the concept as a whole; they are not balanced at all past my own initial thoughts. Does this ability to narrow class and character focus appeal to anyone else?

Re: Expanding On Destiny - Trexmaster - 03-08-2016

I like the idea of devoting to a single class and being rewarded for it.

The unique skills for doing so seem like a good way of doing that.

Re: Expanding On Destiny - Rendar - 03-08-2016

2. Plague Bringer:

Prerequisite: Dark Invasion Rank 5

The Hexer will always succeed infliction checks, and Hexes may be cast at an unlimited range.

Hexes are the Status Affect+ right?

Also, holy FUCK. Always succeeding on infliction chances? It's already pretty easy to do that... Removing the need for stats (while mono-classing) sounds great but.. that's a bit farfetched, even for this. Also Debilitate is legitimately the INSTANT WIN button in team combat, or in regular combat too...

Matador reducing all physical damage to 0 is. Okay, let's start about why this is a stupid idea to begin with.

"Oh I'm an archer, I want to attack this matador--"

Everything they do now deals 0 damage. They have no magical attack option. Rogue? Pretty much the same thing if they're a dagger dancer. MA? They get very few magical skills. Matador reducing all incoming physical damage to 0 is about as equivalent as "Let me gain 100% resistance to ALL physical damage"... Then proceeding to heal to full with items, or run around and buff up/do whatever the hell they want because they flat out can. Cobra stance is bullshit, and making them actually able to infinitely dodge someone that they're facing is stupid. Even more so whenever it combos with "oh hey I turn around if you actually can hit me". It makes multi-shooters get gipped even more than they already are, and single-shot attackers get gipped more because Watchful Eye is a thing and a lot of classes, as I have said before, can't deal with it.

Also wha tthe fuck? Blind and Knockdown Immunity???? Have we learned nothing from MA kip up? Because this is literally worse.

Desperado is also, once again, stupid in this because it just makes the world stupid. And giving a Map-Wide AoE version of Lead Storm that you shoot everyone on the map numerous, numerous times... is kinda stupid OP. Not to mention if you have a multi-shot gun and a friend that can buff your crit rate...

I don't like any of these, and I feel like they are particularly overpowered in their current iteration. If a more balanced version of them came out (such as maybe a 1 turn buff that costs 0M to activate) it might be neat.. but for now it's kinda gross.

Re: Expanding On Destiny - Kameron8 - 03-08-2016

You clearly did not read the post for its intended purpose at all. These skills are not balanced, they are examples of thematic and powerful abilities that I made up off the top of my head. The thread is about whether or not this style of customization is something the community does or doesn't want, it has nothing to do with these pseudo-abilities I gave as examples.

Re: Expanding On Destiny - Rendar - 03-08-2016

OKAY GOOD.

I'm really tired so.

If we could get 'super abilities' that weren't stupidly broken (haha... hah...) then I might be on board with it. Classes getting perks for going full on destiny ham with it? Yeah, could be neat.

Re: Expanding On Destiny - Raigen.Convict - 03-09-2016

Okay, I love the idea, but these SPECIFIC skills, are a tad broken, but we can tweak it, the general idea is nice.

Re: Expanding On Destiny - Chaos - 03-09-2016

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=12517#p12517 Wrote:Raigen.Convict ยป Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:05 pm[/url]"]Okay, I love the idea, but these SPECIFIC skills, are a tad broken, but we can tweak it, the general idea is nice.
Aside from one or two things that need to be tweaked (see: Hexer's stuff), the skills presented as examples are actually quite balanced for what is essentially a one-class lock.

That being said, I'm on board for this kind of idea.

Re: Expanding On Destiny - MegaBlues - 03-09-2016

I'm all for anything fighting against the master-of-all-you-have-the-stats-for plague. Hopefully this gets added, and the power of the bonus skills reflects the cost of being locked into one promotion.

Re: Expanding On Destiny - Raigen.Convict - 04-19-2016

Yes yes yes yes yes and more yes this would make things SO much more unique.

Re: Expanding On Destiny - Raigen.Convict - 06-08-2016

HO-kay, so I had some ideas... What if we also could have our BASE classes be fated too, but they ALSO gain abilities and such to boost them up to promotion levels... I had a couple rough draft ideas.

=Mage:
-Firzeed: Requires Rank 3 Explosion: Places a rune upon the ground that remains for five rounds (4 ticks) and emits magical fire in a five range circle around itself, damaging all enemies equal to WIL + a bonus based on rank. If the caster is under the effect of 'Nerhaven', each tick has a chance to inflict Burn with a LV based on Rank for 3 rounds (Runes cannot overlap the damage area of already placed runes, placing a rune overlapping the previous will dispell the initial rune.)

Rank 1: 4M WIL+2 48 FP Burn LV 10
Rank 2: WIL+4 51 FP Burn LV 15
Rank 3: WIL+6 54 FP Burn LV 20
Rank 4: WIL+8 57 Burn LV 25
Rank 5: WIL+10 60 FP Burn LV 30

-Flash Freeze: Requires Rank 3 Famiuga: Causes a line of ice to form along a 6x3 line dealing ice magic damage equal to WIL + a bonus based on Rank. If the caster is enchanted with 'Kraken' all enemies hit are inflicted with Frostbite with a LV based on rank for 5 rounds.

Rank 1: 4M WIL+18 28 FP Frostbite LV 3
Rank 2: WIL+21 FP 31 Frostbite LV 6
Rank 3: WIL+24 FP 34 Frostbite LV 9
Rank 4: WIL+27 FP 37 Frostbite LV 12
Rank 5: WIL+30 40 FP Frostbite LV 15

=Summoner:
-Advanced Install: Requires Install: The Summoner has gained an advanced grasp upon installing and gains effects to reflect this. Upon installing a youkai, the summoner can activate this ability to terminate the install and gains additional effects based on rank.

Rank 1: +1 install duration
Rank 2: +1 install duration
Rank 3: Halves evoke active skill cost for installed youkai.
Rank 4: +1 Install duration
Rank 5: Doubles stat bonuses from install

-Astral Rage: Allows youkai to level beyond the normal cap and upon the summoner becoming incappacitated, all currently summoned youkai at 60% friendship or more enrage and gain 1 additional momentum, +1 to all stats excluding vitality and 1 additional movement. All enrage effects end the moment the summoner regains at least 1 hp.

Rank 1: Youkai level cap 48
Rank 2: Youkai level cap 51
Rank 3: Youkai level cap 54 additional +1 to stats
Rank 4: Youkai level cap 57
Rank 5: Youkai level cap 60 additional +1 to stats

Comment, Rate, Subscr-- wait no, just give feedback...