NEUS Projects
Self Attack (Trait) - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Self Attack (Trait) (/showthread.php?tid=2781)

Pages: 1 2

Self Attack (Trait) - Shujin - 06-14-2016

3M(Or 2M?)
Inflicting yourself pain, clears your mind and makes you focused. This Trait allows you to perform a basic attack on yourself with 50%(?) reduced damage that will always hit. Removes state of mind, status effects:
-Fear
-Charm
-Hesitation

Kinda thought about it, since you see it so often in animes that they stab themself to break illusions,fear caused paralysis or whatnot. This skill has lots of tactical uses aswell. Maybe it just reduces the level of the effect by the damage inflicted to yourself?

Thoughts?

Re: Self Attack (Trait) - Egil - 06-14-2016

I'm 50-50 on this. If it were added in as a surefire way to undo state of mind status effects, then it should probably be a class skill that requires a knife or fist weapon, because otherwise it completely invalidates any attempt to inflict those three status effects since everyone would grab it the same way every grabs Tactician.

Re: Self Attack (Trait) - Autumn - 06-14-2016

Defeats the purpose of certain racial skills like Shaitan's if everyone was able to get over mind-altering statuses on their own (Looking at you recklessness!) with just a trait, I'm not for this unfortunate to say.

Re: Self Attack (Trait) - MegaBlues - 06-14-2016

I'd only be for this if it, say, let you reroll the status infliction check with a small bonus. A success would either end or shorten the statuses, a failure would do nothing.

Re: Self Attack (Trait) - Shujin - 06-14-2016

"Spoops" Wrote:Defeats the purpose of certain racial skills like Shaitan's if everyone was able to get over mind-altering statuses on their own (Looking at you recklessness!) with just a trait, I'm not for this unfortunate to say.
Well you do damage yourself, and if we do it with reduceing it´s level then things like the Vampires lv50 effects can atleast somehow be fought, with damaging yourself alittle. Shaitan just are immune to, don´t lose 3 M/50ish HP...Huge differnce if you ask me. I mean half damage on yourself isn´t doing much more than 40-50 to a person when you have a little defense.(so not even lifting the status for sure)

Not sure, I just felt like having some sort of way to fight a Vampire that isn´t "Be a shaitan, duh!". Or being "Reckless"

Re: Self Attack (Trait) - Chaos - 06-15-2016

I think we should look at alternatives that don't just wipe out a whole fleet of status effects with only a trait point spent and a bit of damage to yourself.

Re: Self Attack (Trait) - Shujin - 06-15-2016

Alternatives are welcome, obviously.

How about making it only helps against Hesitation, then?

Re: Self Attack (Trait) - Someone - 06-16-2016

How about it could remove one of those effects randomly (fear, hesitation, charm), with some sort of check of whatever stat vs the level of the effect.

If it succeeds, remove one, if it fails, well then you just attacked yourself for nothing, or perhaps it reduces the duration or the level of the effect.

Re: Self Attack (Trait) - Shujin - 06-16-2016

Hm, I would prefer when it does the most melee crippling, which is hesitation. But sure I am fine with whatever actually.

Re: Self Attack (Trait) - Akame - 06-16-2016

I'd be for it if it cures a negative effect up to like.. 10 LV.