NEUS Projects
PVE Guide Interest - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Community (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Fruity Rumpus General (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: PVE Guide Interest (/showthread.php?tid=2894)

Pages: 1 2

PVE Guide Interest - Ranylyn - 06-30-2016

Apparently a fair chunk of people have been struggling with PVE a bit since the Reckoning, with high damage and enemy HP and all that. Meanwhile, I feel like I've made it my toy and snapped it in two. I just have a mind for this stuff. And of course, these are builds that could be salvaged for PVP later without requiring a fruit of fluidity.

If I created some guides for new characters and how to get by entirely on NPC and laplace gear and all that, would anyone be interested in reading them? Or would I be wasting my time for nothing? I admit a bit of it would involve theorycrafting since I have not exactly done a 1-50 (close enough, and it gets pretty slow past that) on every race since the Recoking, but based on my experiments, I should be able to extrapolate and provide some reasonable baselines to build on.

So, is there an interest in this? Or would I be wasting my time?

EDIT: Fixed typos. Recoking what.

Re: PVE Guide Interest - Trexmaster - 06-30-2016

The state of the game is (hopefully) not going to wildly change any time soon, and assuming the barrel full of bugs gets fixed, yeah, I'd probably read it. I don't have the perfect idea of how to speed-run the grind in the new system yet, though. Depends on what your goal with the guide would be. Either way I think at least some people might find it useful, perhaps the many newbies that may or may not even read the forums.

Re: PVE Guide Interest - Rockabye - 06-30-2016

I'd probably skim it for info I may not know (which there's probably a lot of) at the least. Not sure if Fruity Rumpus is the best place for this though, but I guess it's technically not in a wrong section either.

Re: PVE Guide Interest - Ranylyn - 06-30-2016

I actually just posted here to see if anyone'd be interested so I don't clog General Discussion. The guides themselves would go there.

I was also thinking of writing two series of guides: A beginner-oriented one purely for getting through PVE (also suggesting what quests to do and when, for maximum efficiency,) and one for the old pros who may just not have considered some aspects of how the new system plays with low-mid levels, that will involve more complex planning and stat management but still allow PVP viability afterwards, and also shy away from the reccomendations of quests and chests because you guys probably know it all. (Assuming they don't want to LE for the bonus stats, in which case, by all means, use these guides to power through PVE a few times until you get what you want.)

Maybe I'm just overcomplicating everything, but I don't want to make everyone feel like I'm treating them like idiots when I say things like "Do the 'I'm Hungry' quest right away for a jumpstart to Level 3 for R3 Capacity for 2 FP Regen/turn because that helps a lot early on when your total FP is under 100." You guys either already know that or are good enough at the game to hit level 3 in the Jammer Caves no problem.

Re: PVE Guide Interest - Raigen.Convict - 06-30-2016

Go for it. Not a bad thing.

Re: PVE Guide Interest - Exxy - 06-30-2016

I would only do it -after- we see crucial bug fixes/updates received. And would you be able to keep it updated and to look nice enough for Dev to want to link in the Help->Guides Menu?

P.S. I would be willing to help cooperate with this if you would like.

Re: PVE Guide Interest - Ranylyn - 06-30-2016

A very good idea, Diz. It beats needing to omit guns purely because they're so hilariously buggy broken right now.

And honestly, it's been a long time since I've done something like this, but I think I'm feeling up to it. If it's cool with everyone, maybe it should be posted on the Wiki so anyone can update it, should I vanish for a bit and major updates change some critical elements.

Re: PVE Guide Interest - Raigen.Convict - 08-10-2017

Rantyyy it's been over a year. Are you done with this guide yet?

Re: PVE Guide Interest - Neus - 08-11-2017

"Ranylyn" Wrote:A very good idea, Diz. It beats needing to omit guns purely because they're so hilariously buggy broken right now.

And honestly, it's been a long time since I've done something like this, but I think I'm feeling up to it. If it's cool with everyone, maybe it should be posted on the Wiki so anyone can update it, should I vanish for a bit and major updates change some critical elements.

Where's the hilarious bug report?

Re: PVE Guide Interest - Nanovelich - 08-11-2017

"Neus" Wrote:Where's the hilarious bug report?

I remember the OP for this. It was around the time I last played, within a month's time of the GR update. So yeah, at the time, guns were beyond broken before they got nerfed. (This was when they didn't take defense into account at all.)

This is quite an old thread.