NEUS Projects
Pre-Hit Caclulations - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Pre-Hit Caclulations (/showthread.php?tid=293)

Pages: 1 2

Pre-Hit Caclulations - Sawrock - 12-03-2014

Can pre-hit calculations (such at hit%, damage, and crit%) not show normally, and instead only show if a certain accessory is equipped? Possibly a "Probability Data Sensor". If this is implemented, I'm willing to make an icon for it.

Re: Pre-Hit Caclulations - Rendar - 12-03-2014

That'd be hella rad. Would nerf the hell out of melee characters. Slightly. Maybe add 'vaguities' to the persons dodging ability or something?

Re: Pre-Hit Caclulations - Sawrock - 12-03-2014

Yeah, AFTER the hit it'd be nice to see how close you were to hitting, with and without the item.

Re: Pre-Hit Caclulations - Ryu-Kazuki - 12-03-2014

I'm not agreeing with this due to the fact that some of these values are used for bug testing, and without having those numerical values to calculate, you might not catch a bug if it's actually in place.

Plus, I'd rather not have to equip an item just to see if there's actually a bug present, even when I'd probably need to go dungeon diving to get it. No thanks.

Then set it for PVP only if both parties agree to have numbers shown, they're shown.

Otherwise PVP is shown in maybes.

Re: Pre-Hit Caclulations - Lolzytripd - 12-03-2014

makes sense, player stats are hidden without setsuna

Edit.

How about

1st attack no information on hit/crit/damage
2nd attack if it missed. shows hit%, if it hit it shows damage and hit.
3rd attack shows crit

Re: Pre-Hit Caclulations - Soapy - 12-03-2014

Another thing I've suggested repeatedly that nobody liked, along with getting rid of the HP/FP display on (player) enemies so that being a Zeran actually means something.

This is one of the few things that SL1 actually did better.

For those of you who didn't play it
Examining someone in combat would show their health as a status. Unharmed, scratched, injured, wounded, unconscious, etc.

It also displayed after damage calculation, so it looked something like:
Ren Brown takes 30 Fire damage. (Badly Injured)

Attacking someone gave no information until it was done, in which case it said how the attack went. Barely hit, narrowly dodged, gracefully avoided, etc.

So overall it'd look something like:
Critical Hit! Rena Brown attacks Ren Brown with Pelvic Thrust and barely hits them!
Ren Brown takes 0 Blunt damage. (Unharmed)

This could maybe apply to FP too. Well rested, tired, exhausted, etc.

I like Soapy's idea. Let them figure out they have -50 hit on me way later.

Re: Pre-Hit Caclulations - Raigen.Convict - 12-03-2014

I changed my mind, Bug testing... So no, let's not...

Re: Pre-Hit Caclulations - Slydria - 12-03-2014

I agree that I did like the way SL1 handled information like that. If things were changed to this way, there would be more use for items like Setsuna (and of course the Zeran passive like earlier mentioned).

Not to mention this discourages gaming the system by using attack to scan the opponent before actually attacking.