NEUS Projects
my sanity - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: my sanity (/showthread.php?tid=2978)

Pages: 1 2

my sanity - Lolzytripd - 07-12-2016

as much as I dislike and have distaste for the thing that is the anubite ( mainly due to my percievement that its powergaming/royaltygaming) and a big middle finger to dev's own lore

just give them egwyn, or part of it

give them a whole damn town when you get around to making that continent.

they aren't going anywhere.....and they deserve to stay for sticking with sl2 for the long haul.

I support them gaining in game world locations they can ICLY govern, as long as they chill on the their own lore thing... or atleast it being the driving
force of their RP.

yes I'm probably an intolerant asshole, I'm trying to be tolerant, I just don't understand why how anubite is still a thing, and if dev isn't going to tell them no, tell them yes give them an actual ingame lore location, so it gives them credibility, because as is it currently hurts my sanity every single time I see them go on about their lore, and how their magic/ritual/god thing is happening and matters. ( I already have to deal with the god damn scientologists in my county RIP clearwater.

Re: my sanity - Egil - 07-12-2016

Scientologists =/= people putting effort into the game

+1 @Egwyn

Re: my sanity - Lolzytripd - 07-12-2016

I need like therapy.... you know to help me adjust to my new anubite overlords

Re: my sanity - Exxy - 07-12-2016

Breakaway~totheweird (,the forum alias for the person in charge of the Anubites as far as I know,) has been working on mapping Egwyn. I've talked to them about this and possibly taking the project over/trying my own mapping project of it but from what I gather they're still wanting to control/finish the project despite the hiatus on it.

As far as I know, Egwyn (unfortunately) isn't on Dev's Priority List and this is understandable. The game has a -lot- more areas that need improvement/revising outside of just mapping. I would love to have Egwyn now but all good things come to those who wait.

P.S. [strike]Anubutts suck, Crimson Lupines for the win.[/strike]

Re: my sanity - Chaos - 07-12-2016

I believe that some time ago, likely on the old forums, Dev said something to the effect of, 'your character can be the king of some distant, faraway land, but do not roleplay as something that you can't back up.'

Granted, someone being 'royalty' in Egwyn, a continent that's basically something out of the Monster Hunter series, is a serious stretch of the imagination. I would sooner suggest they they have their own island to rule.

Re: my sanity - Poptartu - 07-12-2016

I'd have to say from the impression I got of Egwyn most likely being a tribe based area, a tribe having it's own royalty and beliefs and such is pretty normal. It's not like the anubites claimed to rule all of or even most or a chunk of Egwyn, that I know of. I'd have to re-re-re-read stuff to check.

Re: my sanity - Egil - 07-12-2016

It isn't my clan so I'm not going to write a huge retort in defense, but limiting RP just because you personally don't want people to play any sort of royalty is pretty silly. Why can't I be a sixth Prince from some primitive culture in Kysei? Why can't I be the King of some large tribe from Egwyn? What is overtly wrong with being a prominent figure of some sort beyond 'it triggers me'?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Re: my sanity - Breakaway~totheweird - 07-12-2016

Hey, hi, and hello. I'm Breakaway-totheweird, or better known as Bria. Creator of the Anubites.

Someone pointed me over to this direction, and that same someone is probably going to be the most cordial in eloquently responding to your assumptions.

Because I'm a hoodlum and a hooligan, I'll take your beginning statements and reply to them as Egil did. Lots and lots of effort and initiative was put into this group. Does it shit all over Dev's lore? Maybe. I wouldn't know. If so, it'd be nice to see where I did.

Otherwise, -shrugs-.

Re: my sanity - Blissey - 07-12-2016

Hello, friend. I'm here to clarify a few things, simply because you're sorely out of line. I can understand the validity of your discordance with the Anubite being an active and expressive thing in the SL2 Meta, community, and world, but allow me to tell you that you are very wrong in many circumstances.

Especially in you thinking that everything they say and believe in is concrete.

The Anubite are not royalty. They are not royaltygaming or any type of -gaming. They are also not infringing or stepping onto Dev's lore. The Anubite are a singular entity that branches and expands upon Dev's lore, but in no way makes it canon -- and no one has to think such or otherwise. The Anubite are nobility through merit and commerce -- they started out low on the echelon and spiked up due to their fortitude and prosperity, and perhaps because they were a bunch of Lupine and didn't know when to give up. So, allow me to be very clear and succinct: the Anubite are not royalty, they are unofficial nobility with oodles of dough and because of this, they may as well be seen as such.

Also, perhaps the Anubite cities are a bit large, this may be true -- Bria may or may not have swung her hand a bit far on this. But, let me make this very pellucid for you: it's something to work with, to work on, and brings life to the world. Perhaps Dev may agree with it, perhaps not; but, we have not heard a clear no, nor have we heard any complaints. In fact, I think Dev may have actually been okay with it, but I might be remembering wrong, so don't quote me or count on me on that.

Bria has been actively working on expanding the Anubite and has even been trying to incorporate them officially with her lore weaving and mapping skills. She has worked tirelessly to make this fun for everyone involved, and outsiders as well. She has nearly single-handedly beefed up the Anubites to where they are now, with a bit of help here and there from yours truly, Maikito, and everyone even mentioned in the special thanks part of the Anubite forum post.

So, let me tell you again: do not confuse the Anubite for something that is "official" or being "shoved down anyone's throats". Their lore and gods aren't "happening". They might believe it to be a real thing, and whether or not is up in the air, because there's no way to prove or disprove it. They could even be the current gods of official lore by other names! Anubuna might be Huggessoa, Imsusef might be Mercala -- who knows!

We are not expressively asking for official recognition -- at least, not yet. Not until everything is settled. We're also not hounding Dev about it, and we're not bothering the GMs or anyone in particular. We're also definitely not doing this to regress the community (if it's derelict standing can even get worse).

So sit, boy.

Re: my sanity - Breakaway~totheweird - 07-12-2016

So spicy.

+1 to what Blissey said. As the owner, I'm very flexible when it comes to the lore. I even encourage players within the group to contribute. Population numbers can easily be adjusted as well as anything else.