NEUS Projects
Maintenance - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Maintenance (/showthread.php?tid=336)

Pages: 1 2 3

Maintenance - Mivereous - 12-08-2014

Since apparently no one can handle basic weapon maintenance with Repair Powder, and are too afraid to leave a dungeon for repairs in fear of it disappearing (because leaving one at a time in a party would make too much sense), I believe that a buff to Maintenance is needed.

Current
At Rank 1, you will have trained yourself to meticulously check your weapons for any small damage to fix after every battle, recovering your equipped weapon's Durability by 2, provided it is not broken.
At Rank 2, your obsession will spread to your allies, causing them to receive the benefit at half effectiveness (1 Durability).
At Rank 3, your familiarity with common weapon problems will increase your Skill when Smithing them by 1.

Suggested
At Rank 1, you will have trained yourself to meticulously check your weapons for any small damage to fix after every battle, recovering your equipped weapon's Durability by Rank, provided it is not broken.
At Rank 2, your obsession will spread to your allies, causing them to receive the benefit at half effectiveness. (Rank 3 would round down from 1.5 to 1, Rank 5 would round down from 2.5 to 2.)
At Rank 3, your familiarity with common weapon problems will increase your Skill when Smithing them by 1.
At Rank 4, your skill with weapon care makes taking maintaining your main weapon quicker, and allows you to do a bit of work on any sub-weapon you may have, causing them to receive the benefit at Rank/2 effectiveness. (Rank 5 would round down from 2.5 to 2.)
At Rank 5, you have learned how to save your weapon from the scrap heap. If your weapon hits 0 Durability in a fight, after winning the fight, it is restored to 1 Durability.

Re: Maintenance - Suspicious - 12-09-2014

It's as you said: People don't know how to use repair powder. Maintenance is used to prolong the life of a weapon just a little more to the next fight, not prolong it almost indefinitely (as your changes likely would). If they want a permanent solution, they can make a divine weapon, carry repair powder, or have more frequent trips to the arena. I've been able to solo dungeons on a full repair without repair powder as a BK/Ghost, so it shouldn't be so hard to do so as another class.

Re: Maintenance - Mivereous - 12-09-2014

Some arguments I've run into with those suggestions:

"I like my current enchantment!"/"I don't want to waste Legend Ink on that!" which both of those are pretty reasonable. I keep Fate weapons just to know I have safe back up weapons, and I haven't LE'd yet, but I suppose most people would go after the boosting qualities thing first.

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=850#p850 Wrote:Ranylyn » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:07 pm[/url]"]You shouldn't need to carry 50 repair powders for a single dungeon. This is not a stretch at all; I've had a BK use up all 45 durability of it's weapon in a single battle, due to very very limited FP for using skills. Back when using 2 witch hats at once was allowed.
I know Ranylyn gets RNG screwed, and this might be an instance of it, because how does this happen? xD

And the thing I said about people being "too afraid to leave a dungeon for repairs in fear of it disappearing (because leaving one at a time in a party would make too much sense)".

And I totally agree with you, but apparently this is an actual problem somehow.

Re: Maintenance - Suspicious - 12-09-2014

Then bring a party or carry spare weaponry. There's nothing but options in regards to approaching this problem.

Making Maintenance a viable means of just waltzing through a dungeon would make repair powder completely irrelevant, as it mostly already is. I'm sitting on 50 repair powders as it is and I've only had to use it like twice. The ingredients are piss easy to get (iron + etherium) and it's easy to craft even without any alchemy skill.

Your argument doesn't hold up. You're saying 'this is a problem somehow', but then you admit that the person in question is RNG screwed (which would affect damage output and survivability, especially if they solo) and mentioned the potential solution of the rest of the party exiting the dungeon and then re-entering, so now we're just left with nothing beyond a personal issue, which isn't something balance should cater toward.

Re: Maintenance - Ranylyn - 12-09-2014

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1793#p1793 Wrote:Mivereous » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:47 am[/url]"]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=850#p850 Wrote:Ranylyn » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:07 pm[/url]"]You shouldn't need to carry 50 repair powders for a single dungeon. This is not a stretch at all; I've had a BK use up all 45 durability of it's weapon in a single battle, due to very very limited FP for using skills. Back when using 2 witch hats at once was allowed.
I know Ranylyn gets RNG screwed, and this might be an instance of it, because how does this happen? xD

Allow me to explain the scenario, as best as I can recall. This was months ago but I do remember what character it happened on, and the setup they were running. I took it as a cautionary tale to never play something without some kind of FP management or low skill + damage stat growths ever again.

Wyverntouched BG/G. Decent strength, amazingly. The downside was her Will and Skill were the same. And no, she was not will blessed. She was skill screwed. I eventually remade her (and then retired her due to IC drama) because, eventually, she was 100% useless without autohits - and the only one she could even get any use out of was Sanguine Star. Yeah, I went there. Shinken is only an autohit at range, after all.

Anyways, this particular battle happened once my FP ran dry. Riposte had triggered a few times, but not enough to outdo Maintenance, because of her low skill stat. Sanguine Star is 18 FP, and I had Rank 1 Red Rain (8 FP) to mark Claret Call with in order to make Sanguine Star not 100% useless. So 18 FP + 8 FP = 26 FP. Regenning 6 FP per turn (2 witch hats - like I said, this was a long time ago) meant I could only use this combo once every 4-5 rounds, roughly. I was spamming guard to try to recuperate the HP costs of Red Rain through passive regen. (I was blessed with good defense gains and good armor. Pity the low skill completely ruined her.)

Anyways, as fate would have it, Riposte triggered like crazy, and this was shortly after Riposte started using durability. Crazy dungeon. Forgeries aren't particularly evasive but have high defense (I believe their defense has since been nerfed, as I recall back then, only Power Gradation/ Sanguine Star seemed to hurt them much, out of her options. Newer characters with lower strength fare better.) I think it was over 50 rounds later that I finally ended the battle.

Point being, ever since then, if a character is dependant on their durability, I only use Ether/Divine weapons. Sure, they might not survive a crazy battle, but they repair afterwards so you aren't stuck swapping to a spare weapon and risking losing your main one if you die.

Re: Maintenance - Rendar - 12-09-2014

I would like to make mention a few things.

Riposte doesn't trigger Durability Loss
Skills that perform Basic Attacks, barring Double Dao, don't trigger durability loss.

I just tested both of these things. Thanks, enjoy.

Re: Maintenance - Daisuke - 12-10-2014

The game is pretty easy already, we seriously need to draw the line of "get gud" and not hold everyone's hand.
Like I don't think there's a single thing in this game you actually have to think about that isn't solved by raw stats and numbers

If people can't maintain their weapon dura or have the foresight to realize their weapon might break during a dungeon, that should be on them.
And let's be honest. If you're using basic attacks you have the strength to carry a lot of stuff. So there's no reason not to have a backup weapon (bonus points if it's divine) if you really don't wanna make repair powders outside of being lazy.
Especially considering in PVE you don't need a rebelling mastercrafted coral wo dao to put out good damage.

Re: Maintenance - Ryu-Kazuki - 12-10-2014

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1813#p1813 Wrote:Daisuke » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:24 pm[/url]"]The game is pretty easy already, we seriously need to draw the line of "get gud" and not hold everyone's hand.

The game isn't a competition, let's not treat it like one. I agree it's easy, but the whole "get gud" and throwing your egos around is not what we need.

On the topic of the suggestion, while I like it, I don't think it's necessary. People can buy repair powders from others, make them for themselves, or use my favorite enchant, Divine (which everyone says sucks). Like I said, it'd be a nice idea, but it's not something we desperately need.

Re: Maintenance - Mivereous - 12-10-2014

Then someone explain to me again what the problem was with Disrepair here.

Re: Maintenance - Ryu-Kazuki - 12-10-2014

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1815#p1815 Wrote:Mivereous » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:57 pm[/url]"]Then someone explain to me again what the problem was with Disrepair here.

The fact that people lose their weapon when it hits 0D, and no one should be forced to be subject to that when the majority of weapons in the game can't be crafted. They're a pain in the ass enough as is to get. Like I said back then, that's the reason I don't play Mabinogi.