NEUS Projects
Halt criminal scum - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Halt criminal scum (/showthread.php?tid=3395)

Pages: 1 2

Halt criminal scum - Lolzytripd - 09-06-2016

just an idea for a tool for the guards and chaos

the ability to set a player to wanted.

When walking around a location where npc guards should be while wanted, every x steps a check occurs vs your concealment to see if the npc guards notice you. If you are noticed a conversation prompt starts ups where you can either accept arrest, resist arrest, or press the ooc button.

If you accept arrest you are taken to the jail and tagged as complaint. If you resist you get in a fight with guards.

guard fights vary from normal fights, Guard players can join the fight if they wish, other players can join the resister but become wanted by the npc guard too, if the resister loses, they are jailed and marked as resisting, The resister can flee(transported outside city) or defeat the guards (still transported outside city)

Each city would have a different guard density and response rate.

Density is the amount of guards that spawn at the beginning of a fight, Response rate is the rate at which new guards join the fight.

Cells has the highest density, 4 guards at start 2 guards per 3 turns
Tannis lowest, 2 guards, 1 guard per 4 turns
Dormeho is medium but has a higher response rate due to the militia. 3 guards 1 guard per 2 turns

Other countries could have different guard mobs entirely

Re: Halt criminal scum - Exxy - 09-06-2016

Not sure how others ("others" being other Guard PCs) would feel about this being implemented but people get "stupid" to say the least when they can't see any would-be NPC guards around and often associate no risk factor along with this.

Personally, I would love to see this be a thing. Halfly to represent the ones who are -supposed- to be there ICly and halfly because it's highly annoying to get any immediate help from PCs due to IC constraints or --other-- reasons (but only for the option to be applicable in Non-Law's End Cities and the Arena naturally, probably to a delay or lesser amount in an area such as the forest outside of Cellsvich - which is arguable with how close Fort Arjav is to it).

I imagine it'd be set to a guard-only option, to prevent abuse ("Hey, let's spar with the guard force" doesn't sit well in my mind). Which I doubt would sit well in the regular playerbase, to have this as a restricted option.

Setting a player to "Wanted" would have its own benefits (seeing as how most forget you lose access to things when you bork with guards and love to run away at the speed of light from the area of conflict, which the latter half concerning running is something I've experienced from parties that -should- know better given their special roles in the game's involvement). Although I imagine this would be a more difficult mechanic to implement, it would be more-likely a godsend than the previous one I've mentioned.

Nevertheless, oddly enough I end up supporting the notion (to some extent).

----------------------------------

Although I'd be up for just placing NPC Guards in-towns (finally) as an alternative or addition to the OP. Maybe give them a recruit option for said guards that spawn regardless of Mercenary settings that is temporary and resets when the person leaves the city/town itself (that would be the simplest method of incorporating this, I believe).

EDIT: Before anyone jumps me for "Omguh, leking gourd stuffs," Dev answered this Lore Question in the most recent August edition (so it should serve as no surprise):

"Neus" Wrote:
"Anonymous (changed from original post)" Wrote:I'm asking this one because I don't think anyone has before.

Does the mage's guild have some sort of identification system going? Whether it's based on magic or if they force hooded people to lower their hood before teleporting them, so say if they were a wanted criminal and were hooded.

For teleportation? They usually cooperate with the law of the location they are stationed in, and will keep an eye out and prevent people they've been made aware of as persons-of-interest from teleporting. This extends on a more universal level with people of special interest to the Mage's Guild, for example, known abusers, people who have wronged the Guild in some way, and so on. Otherwise, no.

Re: Halt criminal scum - Ranylyn - 09-06-2016

I'm wholly in support mainly to help combat derplords who ignore the fact that there's always guards around in places like Cellsvich and simply commit crimes when there's no actual player guards around. Listen, I'm sorry, but if you want to seriously maim someone, maybe do it somewhere besides THE ARENA WHERE NPC GUARDS ARE ABUNDANT PURELY BECAUSE IT'S A PLACE OF ARMED COMBAT?

Re: Halt criminal scum - catabur - 09-06-2016

Make my job easier please.

I'd like a "Wanted" system that tells the guards when someone wanted enters a town, but not exactly sure how plausible all of this would be.

Re: Halt criminal scum - Autumn - 09-06-2016

Wandering around OOCly is a thing, I trust that players would have common sense instead of a system like this being put into place, I don't very much like it.

Re: Halt criminal scum - Lolzytripd - 09-06-2016

spoops Its not just about muh garuda systemssss

guards aren't a punishment system, they are a immersion feature.

With npc guard mobs like what I described, there would be no issues like you seem to be alluding to.

When the npc guard system notices a wanted character, it wouldn't automatically attack, It'd give a prompt asking the player
a. go to jail
b. resist arrest
c. not right now I'm ooc.

The whole point of system isn't to capture wanted players, its to give a sense of immersion that you are on the run from the law, a chance to be the criminal that stomps the guards and makes a dashing gettaway.

Infact the amount of npc guards you've beaten could be tracked earning reputation that could be used with some shady npcs( the one in dormeho) and new npcs in laws end to unlock deals they have to help the unsavorable (such as smuggling you around without the majistra portals, keys to jail cells, ect)

Re: Halt criminal scum - Trexmaster - 09-07-2016

Yeeeeah I don't really want to add 'grinding the guards' to my list of things to do, as hilarious as that'd be, so no.

A system like this would just seem silly to me. I wouldn't oppose a way to mark wanted characters somehow, but implementing any sort of automatic guard response is going to cause silly things to happen.

Re: Halt criminal scum - MakeshiftWalrus - 09-07-2016

Not to mention some players might be ICly disguised or perhaps even repurposed. It's a lot of hassle, severely limits where people can go because the NPCs don't distinguish between cases. It'd be meta-gaming in those instances and unpreventable to boot. What are you going to do? Hit 'I'm OOC' and continue to RP like you've been trying to do?

In the case of getting an alarm when a 'Tagged' players enters a place, I feel that'd get annoying immediately unless a specific chat was made for it, or a tab in the laplace card was made, both only intended for the guards, of course. And that in particular can be flat out meta-gaming.

I don't approve of this idea.

Re: Halt criminal scum - Noxid - 09-07-2016

"MakeshiftWalrus" Wrote:Not to mention some players might be ICly disguised or perhaps even repurposed. It's a lot of hassle, severely limits where people can go because the NPCs don't distinguish between cases. It'd be meta-gaming in those instances and unpreventable to boot. What are you going to do? Hit 'I'm OOC' and continue to RP like you've been trying to do?

In the case of getting an alarm when a 'Tagged' players enters a place, I feel that'd get annoying immediately unless a specific chat was made for it, or a tab in the laplace card was made, both only intended for the guards, of course. And that in particular can be flat out meta-gaming.

I don't approve of this idea.

The guards already have their owns rules that allow them to ignore some of the rules on metagaming (That's a whole other topic though.) At the very least add the npc guards even if they do nothing. The fact that their are these invisible all seeing npc guards is pretty stupid. Unless someone tells you you have no idea there are guards posted everywhere.

Re: Halt criminal scum - Neus - 09-07-2016

I have plans to do something 'similar' (see: similar, not exactly this) at some point but I'm still fleshing out the idea so it won't be for a little while most likely.