NEUS Projects
Runner's expertise - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Runner's expertise (/showthread.php?tid=3618)

Pages: 1 2

Runner's expertise - Autumn - 10-31-2016

Celerity doesn't do a whole lot as a stat when you compare to to DEF or RES.

For one, anyone wanting to make a hitcheck has already geared for that and usually has a 100% chance to hit anyone but a spellthief maybe.

Secondly, DEF and RES are universal, every class (including spellthief) can use DEF and RES, only a select few classes can use CEL and maybe dodge hit checks made against them.

Thirdly, Autohits exist and will wreck a dodgy's day, but they're usually fine vs tanks because again, DEF and RES are universal.

I think a mobility addition is needed for CEL, similar to wind builds generally having a lot of mobility, anyone with CEL should get the same reward, and by that I mean:

Every 15 Celerity you'll receive +1 move

Due to this, it'll really create a gap in the tank vs dodge matchup in terms of mobility, in which matchups the dodgy one will lose most of the time if they're not running a cheesy build or an extremely meta build at that time, and it'd mostly give a bit of breathing room for dodgy people to do their jobs when vs'ing other players.

Any thoughts?

Re: Runner's expertise - Kameron8 - 10-31-2016

I'd be fine with that, it's a huge pain to be sitting on 5 move after initiative wears off. Soldiers (tanks) just have more mobility than people without Western Wind or Shukichi because of charge, it seems a bit counter-intuitive. I'd like to see fast people be fast.

Re: Runner's expertise - Sawrock - 10-31-2016

I agree 100%.

Re: Runner's expertise - K Peculier - 10-31-2016

Speedsters really ought to be going faster than hulking tanks in heavy armor. Celerity really should be letting you close in on distances so that they can at least make the first move without having to be in literal charge range of a tank.

Agree on this.

Re: Runner's expertise - Lolzytripd - 10-31-2016

cel used to give movement before GR

Re: Runner's expertise - Rendar - 10-31-2016

No it didn't.

I'd like to see a cap on how much extra movement you can get from cel.

Heavy armor +1, medium +2, light, +3.

Re: Runner's expertise - Soapy - 10-31-2016

I dig it.

Re: Runner's expertise - Snake - 10-31-2016

On Derg's fashion it may get a lil' ridiculous if added to some classes that use unarmored (Hi, Martial Gokus using Shunkan Ido instead of Zanzoken!). Except, if the class-based movespeeds are removed (or set to 4 in all classes) in order to give CEL this big credit of determining the base movespeed by 15 scaled points.

Then yes, it will get neatly balanced around armor types.

Anyway, rambling aside, I agree with Spo and Derg.

Re: Runner's expertise - Exxy - 10-31-2016

I'm a bit uncomfortable with the thought of this due to Felidae already receiving a good bit of Move regularly (if they're already invested into SAN, which given how they're set up with Racials could be done comfortably). This would be insane alongside Celerity-based Movement bonus; which should be taken into account.

Personally, I'm fine with this being added but Felidae would have to get their boon lowered or to receive a different boon altogether (which kind of jips them if anything).

Re: Runner's expertise - Snake - 10-31-2016

Make them get bonus Evasion damage reduction. 5% per 20 SAN. :^)

Jokes aside, Felidae only gets a max of:

+2 Move (at 20 Scaled SAN)
+3 Move (at 40 Scaled SAN)
+4 Move (at 60 Scaled SAN, which requires 69-72 SAN)

with their SAN gimmick. It's fine AND terribly underrated. Wolves bark for damage, fear and hunted, Cats run.