NEUS Projects
See You Space Cowboy... - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: See You Space Cowboy... (/showthread.php?tid=3660)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

See You Space Cowboy... - Soapy - 11-11-2016

Currently, all 'until next turn' effects expire at the start of your turn. While this obviously makes sense, Skip creates a massive disadvantage for slower characters, to the point that these effects are entirely worthless unless you're faster than the opponent.

1. Round 1, Player A takes their turn normally
  2. Player B uses Castling to invoke the Black Wind, and finishes their turn normally
  3. Round 2, Player A skips their turn
  4. Player B loses black wind before it can be used

I suggest changing these effects to function like Guard, so that they last until you take an action besides Skip/End Turn.

Here's everything I can think of that lasts until next turn:
Black Wind
Geist Schritt
Frosttouch Gi
Edit: Grapple

As these effects are all 2 duration (and don't end your turn, unlike Guard) they would have to end on actions only if they're at 1 duration.

Re: See You Space Cowboy... - Autumn - 11-11-2016

I'm a little hesitant if only because Geist Schritt is such a powerful skill, and that CEL is not doing too well right now, if this is a suggestion and not a bug report, fine with the other two though, can cause them to act like guard.

Re: See You Space Cowboy... - Soapy - 11-11-2016

I put it in Suggestions since I'm pretty sure the last time this came up, Dev said it wasn't a bug.

CEL already gives a sizeable bonus to nearly every status effect in the game, it doesn't need to be necessary for the Until Next Turn ones.

Re: See You Space Cowboy... - Autumn - 11-11-2016

Hm well, as I said before I'm fine with black wind and other until next turn effects receiving it, for Geist Schritt though the only assured counterplay to this skill is skip, though it'd be unfair to exclude it, I think that if Geist Schritt were to receive the same treatment then it'd need to be looked at as a skill far sooner than usual, as fun as a skill as it is to use, that's mostly my biggest concern.

Re: See You Space Cowboy... - Kameron8 - 11-11-2016

No skill should behave in a way that being slower invalidates it. None of these should be wasted momentum by simply having the faster person skip, and any balance issues that remain after that change can be addressed in an ability specific manner. It'd be the equivalent of asking that stun only work on people who are slower because stun is too strong already.

Please make them behave like Guard, then any issues with Geist Schritt can be hashed out later. This is long needed future proofing.

Re: See You Space Cowboy... - Exxy - 11-11-2016

I -think- I'd be fine with all except Geist Schritt receiving a "valid until-round end" status (due to not remembering what that specific Gi does currently, Black Wind is more-than fine to receive this).

Something that nullifies your opponents attack out-lasting a skip you decide to use to save Momentum to combo more seems like part of the issue we're trying to fight here. I don't think you'd be doing the community or "balance" any favors by having Skip act as a refresh for it.

Re: See You Space Cowboy... - Kameron8 - 11-11-2016

"Exxy" Wrote:I -think- I'd be fine with all except Geist Schritt receiving a "valid until-round end" status (due to not remembering what that specific Gi does currently, Black Wind is more-than fine to receive this).

Something that nullifies your opponents attack out-lasting a skip you decide to use to save Momentum to combo more seems like part of the issue we're trying to fight here. I don't think you'd be doing the community or "balance" any favors by having Skip act as a refresh for it.

Broad mechanical inconsistencies should be balanced across the board. Geist Schritt deserves an actual balance change, not a janky clash against how the game should work to keep it in check. This skill is not intended to be a speed check. Change skip beating every 'until your next turn' skill, then tune down the now better off Geist Schritt.

Re: See You Space Cowboy... - Ranylyn - 11-11-2016

I'm fully in favor of most things that prevents the dicking over of people simply for being faster.

This is no exception.

Re: See You Space Cowboy... - Neus - 11-16-2016

Wouldn't it make more sense to adjust Skip instead? Either by giving it a 1M cost or by giving it a cooldown.

Re: See You Space Cowboy... - Akame - 11-16-2016

I like the 1M cost.