NEUS Projects
Penultimate Bling - Let me look like more of a tool - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Penultimate Bling - Let me look like more of a tool (/showthread.php?tid=3679)

Pages: 1 2

Penultimate Bling - Let me look like more of a tool - K Peculier - 11-14-2016

Penultimate Bling should let us set our OOC color name and possibly the sparkle effect it gives.

I need to go two steps further and become bright pink.

Re: Penultimate Bling - Let me look like more of a tool - Blissey - 11-14-2016

I don't see why not but I also see why not, because people would likely abuse this and it'd probably cause complaints (not from me, though. Do it). I'm all for it, regardless.

Re: Penultimate Bling - Let me look like more of a tool - MakeshiftWalrus - 11-14-2016

I'm rather against the changing of one's OOC colour name. That can very, very easily be abused, or used to create unneeded confusion.

Re: Penultimate Bling - Let me look like more of a tool - Ranylyn - 11-14-2016

"MakeshiftWalrus" Wrote:I'm rather against the changing of one's OOC colour name. That can very, very easily be abused, or used to create unneeded confusion.

Or both.

Re: Penultimate Bling - Let me look like more of a tool - Esther - 11-14-2016

Just give it a list of colours to choose from, and ensure that none of those colours are "GM Yellow."

Abuse problem solved, and the idea can be enjoyed.

Re: Penultimate Bling - Let me look like more of a tool - Exxy - 11-15-2016

Yellow should be avoided entirely due to GMs having their text set to that color when using the appropriate verbs (some people still manage to confuse the yellow names for GMs or 'special role' despite the GM say-tag not being present, mostly common among new players - I rather not see people abuse their lack of knowledge on part of being new, regardless of whether or not it's just for a quick laugh).

As for customizability. I'd --love-- for it to change colors from listed values-only (yellow opting to white in OOC), that either affect the sparkles-only, OOC/Say name color or both. I'd just like for the colors not to be too dark to the point they become hard to read against the dark blue of the chat log.

[strike]Purple and red-- pleeeEeeEeeeeeEeeasseeeeeeee!![/strike]

Ultimately my biggest complaint is this: Why can it not be a Useable Item like the Pet Kit or some Portable Work Station?

Re: Penultimate Bling - Let me look like more of a tool - Blissey - 11-15-2016

"Exxy" Wrote:Yellow should be avoided entirely due to GMs having their text set to that color when using the appropriate verbs (some people still manage to confuse the yellow names for GMs or 'special role' despite the GM say-tag not being present, mostly common among new players - I rather not see people abuse their lack of knowledge on part of being new, regardless of whether or not it's just for a quick laugh).

As for customizability. I'd --love-- for it to change colors from listed values-only (yellow opting to white in OOC), that either affect the sparkles-only, OOC/Say name color or both. I'd just like for the colors not to be too dark to the point they become hard to read against the dark blue of the chat log.

[strike]Purple and red-- pleeeEeeEeeeeeEeeasseeeeeeee!![/strike]

Ultimately my biggest complaint is this: Why can it not be a Useable Item like the Pet Kit or some Portable Work Station?

I agree with this. Also, the only reason it's not a usable item is because it already offers quite grand cosmetic features, such as the sparkles and golden name. Naturally, there needs to be a caveat; it being an accessory and taking a slot is the caveat, and I think that's just fine.

Re: Penultimate Bling - Let me look like more of a tool - Esther - 11-15-2016

I should point out -- if the colour is selectable and no yellow option is available, then the name and the sparkles should be ~separate~ options.

It should still be possible to have golden-looking sparkles.

Re: Penultimate Bling - Let me look like more of a tool - Neus - 11-16-2016

I'm willing to add this functionality as well as a toggle for the OOC name color, if you (the royal 'you') can give me a list of 10 or less hex color codes that don't look terrible on the chat background and don't conflict with the GM color (although maybe we should change that to be a gradient or something to make it more clear).

Re: Penultimate Bling - Let me look like more of a tool - Blissey - 11-16-2016

We (the royal me) present these:

Pastel Magenta - #F49AC2
Dark Pastel Red - #C23B22
Pastel Green - #77DD77
Pastel Blue - #AEC6CF
Pastel Grey - #CFCFC4
Pastel Purple - #B39EB5

I chose pastels because they usually look very nice on dark backgrounds, such as the chat background. These are the only ones I could provide at the moment that would likely not conflict with GM colors.