NEUS Projects
Shael's revenge. [Utility Belt kills some of the game's performance... bug] - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Shael's revenge. [Utility Belt kills some of the game's performance... bug] (/showthread.php?tid=4372)

Pages: 1 2

Shael's revenge. [Utility Belt kills some of the game's performance... bug] - Snake - 03-14-2017

Apparently the Utility Belt given by completing 'Shael is Lost' quest makes your game have minuscle framerate drop. I've compared a character with and without the Utility Belt, the one without had a better and more smooth framerate.

People can 'ghetto' test this by just engaging in a fight, closing Dream Seeker, re-logging and fleeing the fight. Your framerate will be superb fast without the presence of the Utility Belt in the screen. Since said screen will be cropped to fit the battlefield you were in.

Can I request the Utility Belt to be toggleable in the Preferences menu, under this condition?

Re: Shael's revenge. [Utility Belt kills some of the game's performance... bug] - Neus - 03-14-2017

I can't really reproduce this, my frame rate is the same whether or not there's a utility belt on screen.

Re: Shael's revenge. [Utility Belt kills some of the game's performance... bug] - Autumn - 03-14-2017

Can there be a toggle for utility belt then? As was suggested sorta, Perhaps it's only like this for lower end computers.

Re: Shael's revenge. [Utility Belt kills some of the game's performance... bug] - Autumn - 04-06-2017

I want to bump this because I've noticed this on between my own characters who have utility belt and do not, characters who do not have the utility belt run at a solid 30 FPS, characters who do have the utility belt run at anywhere from 10-20 FPS, and in my Hyattr's case, 7-10 FPS.

I don't know how it happens but please, a toggle for the utility belt would be preferred for those who do seem to run into this problem for some reason or another, I imagine it might be related to the BYOND version too, so I'll provide that, I am running on the most current stable version of BYOND [510.1347]

Re: Shael's revenge. [Utility Belt kills some of the game's performance... bug] - Grandpa - 04-06-2017

This would be very, VERY nice for those of us with older laptops and netbooks. The difference between a new character with nothing on it vs an older character with tons of items and a utility belt is like night and day, at least on the live server.

Re: Shael's revenge. [Utility Belt kills some of the game's performance... bug] - MegaBlues - 05-05-2017

I have a pretty high-end laptop, and even I noticed this happening when I made a new character.

Please make this a preference.

Re: Shael's revenge. [Utility Belt kills some of the game's performance... bug] - Soapy - 05-05-2017

I actually noticed this too.

A preference option would be great.

Re: Shael's revenge. [Utility Belt kills some of the game's performance... bug] - Ranylyn - 05-05-2017

I thought this didn't happen to me, but getting it on a newer character proved me wrong.

I mean, I'm not going to just NOT get the utility belt (For fishing, Pet Kit, MotNL, etc) but it'd be nice if there was an option to turn it on for RP and off for BDPs.

Re: Shael's revenge. [Utility Belt kills some of the game's performance... bug] - Sawrock - 05-05-2017

I think, even for screenshotting and housebuilding purposes, having the feature to toggle would be nice.

Re: Shael's revenge. [Utility Belt kills some of the game's performance... bug] - Neus - 05-05-2017

Are you sure you aren't confusing the utility belt with the battle bar?