NEUS Projects
Destined People should stand out [Small destiny additions] - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Destined People should stand out [Small destiny additions] (/showthread.php?tid=4411)

Pages: 1 2

Destined People should stand out [Small destiny additions] - Snake - 03-29-2017

There goes some ideas I had to make Destiny stand out a little bit, currently, Destiny just 'lol gives some invisible advantage' where you can't difference a destiny person from a normal. So this idea came with some skills (innates, mostly) that could only be picked if you were a destiny of it's specific class. Just little things to make someone know when another is or not a destiny.

============================================================================================================================

(Martial Artist) Adaptative Zenkai - Every time you get revived, you get a permanent buff (until the end of the battle), that increases all stats by 5. (Except APT, SAN, VIT). Can stack up to 3 times.

(Archer) Ranged Volley - If you score a critical hit on an enemy beyond range 5, your next ranged basic attack will become a 6 range circle AoE. (A Jackhammer's range, works for Bows and Guns. Inspired on the hot-bar bug.)

(Mage) Arcane Shift - If you cast an offensive spell, momentum cost for Movement and Blink is reduced by 1, can stack up to two times.

(Duelist) Disjoncteur - If you parry, Flottement's level increases by 1. If you land a critical hit but get parried, you will teleport to the enemy's back and Flottement's level increases by 1. (Will not teleport if the enemy's back is unreachable, or if you suffer any sort of movement impairment such as immobilize, slow, etc.)

(Summoner) Astral Link - The maximum level of all summons becomes equal to Summoner's level + 25 (LV 75 maximum). If the Summoner dies, all summoned units recover 50% of their summoner's maximum FP as HP. if a summoned unit dies, the Summoner recovers (Unit LV * 2) FP. Ignores interference.

(Soldier) For Honor! - For every attack or skill you perform infront of the enemy, you gain a shield based on the total damage done. Shield's strength level can stack like Narcus. While having the shield on, basic attacks that surpass 100 damage will inflict Guard Break, basic attacks that do not surpass 100 damage will halve the enemy's Guarding LV.

(Rogue) Accel Tempest - For every rogue wind buff active, Evasion's damage reduction is increased by 5%.

(Curate) True Mercalan - For every round beyond the first, if the Curate does not use Graft on their turn. The healing effects of Graft are increased by 50% per round, adding 1 to True Mercalan's LV. (100% if you have Pacifist Boon active.) If the stacks of 'True Mercalan' surpass LV5, it removes Interference before healing. Though 'Graft' cannot be used for LV rounds.

============================================================================================================================

And here you go. I hope Dev reads this and gives an input. What do y'all think? Keep in mind those are for >destiny< only. People can't omniclass with those and all.

(Edit #1): Fixed my wording on Mage to prevent confusion. It's supposed to be offensive spells only.
(Edit #2): Raigen's input about Astral Link was added to make it more balanced.
(Edit #3): Just checked that multi-shooting with a single shot gun is possible with Moonlight Mercy (the range is absurdly beyond 7), so revamped Archer's innate. (Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:18 pm, Forum time.)
(Edit #4): Spo's input about Disjoncteur, revamped the idea to make it more simple but still discerning in a way. (Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:30 pm, Forum time.)
(Edit #5): Fires' input about Disjoncteur. Hopefully this will be my last edit, I'm terrible at this. (Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:52 am, Forum time.)

Re: Destined People should stand out [Small destiny additions] - FiresTFS - 03-29-2017

They all sound great, but I'm noticing slight overpowers here.

Ranged Volley: I mean I'm not so against this, but people could abuse this and get like what, 8+ hits a turn? That'd end people in two turns.

Disjoncteur: Going by Vorpal Strikes' basis, they shouldn't occur, no? Mechanics wise, it's still a little too strong that beside teleportation and ignoring parry, you'll also ignore their defense.

Astral Link: Youkai are already cancerous as it is, level buffs to them is going to bring disaster to meta!

Re: Destined People should stand out [Small destiny additions] - FleshChild - 03-29-2017

While Fires pointed out the ones that may sound OP on paper, I'm going to point out that the Destiny Summoner one ( Oh god why would anyone do this? ) sounds a little underpowered. But destining Summoner is another sort of mess, for another time.

Other than that this sounds like it'd be an idea to spice up Destinies to make them more appealing. +1

Re: Destined People should stand out [Small destiny additions] - Fern - 03-29-2017

I think the Mage one should cap at 1M decrease and not stack, just in case. I do like the idea of destiny-only skills/innates though.

Re: Destined People should stand out [Small destiny additions] - Snake - 03-29-2017

"FiresTFS" Wrote:They all sound great, but I'm noticing slight overpowers here.

Ranged Volley: I mean I'm not so against this, but people could abuse this and get like what, 8+ hits a turn? That'd end people in two turns.

Disjoncteur: Going by Vorpal Strikes' basis, they shouldn't occur, no? Mechanics wise, it's still a little too strong that beside teleportation and ignoring parry, you'll also ignore their defense.

Astral Link: Youkai are already cancerous as it is, level buffs to them is going to bring disaster to meta!

Ranged Volley can only happen once per enemy, but only if the enemy is beyond range 7 and you hit or critically hit them (failing to meet any of those conditions will cancel the volley immediately).
If the enemy is slowed by the movement debuff from the volley, they're 'unmarkable' for the time being. Besides, you won't be able to score more than five hits (if you're lucky), since you won't have Fleur from duelist, as you are a Destiny Archer, with only Arbalest and Magic Gunner as promos.

Disjoncteur is a bit stronger, yeah. But I couldn't think about anything to make Destiny Duelists stand out. Duelists are supposed to wreck tanks and have difficulties fighting dodge people. Vorpal Strikes just makes them better to combat this tank meta, and dodge a viable counter for those.

Astral Link, is like Flesh Child said, you're not going to have anything from Curate to support your team of Youkai but a skill that has 3 round cooldowns, heal wise. You're Destiny, and getting a Youkai to LV75 will be a GIANT hassle, and obviously, time consuming. You do know the only way they can get exp. Plus, Destiny Summoner is simply mediocre, I lack words to describe.

Don't worry, I've talked with people about it, a lot. It's not something out of blue. (Probably forgot to talk about it with you, my bad)

"Fern" Wrote:I think the Mage one should cap at 1M decrease and not stack, just in case. I do like the idea of destiny-only skills/innates though.

To be fair, you can break their rhythm by just resisting the element they're casting. Destiny Hexers vs Vampires is pretty dope, if you think about it. Also uhh... It's supposed to be 'If you cast an >offensive< spell'. Forgot to slap that, my bad. Yeesh.

Re: Destined People should stand out [Small destiny additions] - Raigen.Convict - 03-29-2017

I can agree with all of these but the one on summoner even to me sounds a little strong, I say remove the heal component and keep the FP recovery. Also as far as leveling them further, I don't see why not since your only support comes from a 2 round cd heal, and a spell that when they're summoned they act immediately, and possibly have 7 momentum with a white spirit. On top of having +5 from the affinities and +6 from synchro summon, the only other support spell would be encourage... Which is one...Range....If this skill was usable at a further distance at LEAST it'd be useful..But that's just me ranting on. Who knows maybe it'd be fine as is but I feel just remove the healing portion since youkai are already HEAVY damage dealers (except Phase Python, Firefox, Lilu and Vampiric Legume.)

Re: Destined People should stand out [Small destiny additions] - Snake - 03-29-2017

"Raigen.Convict" Wrote:I can agree with all of these but the one on summoner even to me sounds a little strong, I say remove the heal component and keep the FP recovery. Also as far as leveling them further, I don't see why not since your only support comes from a 2 round cd heal, and a spell that when they're summoned they act immediately, and possibly have 7 momentum with a white spirit. On top of having +5 from the affinities and +6 from synchro summon, the only other support spell would be encourage... Which is one...Range....If this skill was usable at a further distance at LEAST it'd be useful..But that's just me ranting on. Who knows maybe it'd be fine as is but I feel just remove the healing portion since youkai are already HEAVY damage dealers (except Phase Python, Firefox, Lilu and Vampiric Legume.)

Or it could be the reverse? If the summoner dies, all Youkai recover like 50% of their summoner's maximum FP as HP. (assuming Shared Joy won't fuck up the numbers), if a Youkai dies, the summoner recovers (Youkai LV * 2) FP.

Re: Destined People should stand out [Small destiny additions] - Raigen.Convict - 03-29-2017

"Snake" Wrote:Or it could be the reverse? If the summoner dies, all Youkai recover like 50% of their summoner's maximum FP as HP. (assuming Shared Joy won't fuck up the numbers), if a Youkai dies, the summoner recovers (Youkai LV * 2) FP.

Well, reading that one, that sounds interesting since if the summoner has a crapton of youkai fighting for them and hits 0 hp, then it's either a group fight of some sort or the character is pretty strong, strong enough to 1-2 shot youkai meaning I would suppose it could work...Maybe...

I've also revamped Archer's innate idea after finding a way to exploit it. Check it out.

Re: Destined People should stand out [Small destiny additions] - Autumn - 03-29-2017

Honestly I'd only want destiny duelist to have its own way of proccing flottement similar to Evasion/Flottement, something like triggering Flottement on successful eviter as well.