NEUS Projects
Item Belt Changes - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Item Belt Changes (/showthread.php?tid=4546)

Pages: 1 2

Item Belt Changes - Neus - 05-15-2017

Currently the way the item belt works is, you can put item types into the belt slots. You can use the item and it deducts 1 from your total, but you can keep using them over and over as long as you still have the item. What I'm thinking about changing is making it to where 1 entry on the item belt = 1 item. Meaning, if you have a Stabilizer in your Item Belt, you have 1 use of that item in battle. If you have 2 slots dedicated to them, you can use it twice, etc.

Obviously this would change some things, but it would also help make item usages in battle, especially potions, a bit more strategic. Thoughts?

Re: Item Belt Changes - MegaBlues - 05-15-2017

I like it. This would let items retain their power and make item slots more valuable, since most of the time Prescription Hi-Pots are the only items worth using.

Though if this were added, I think that a few of the existing status cure items should be more powerful, maybe by granting temporary immunity. And Blue Potions could use tuning up too.

Re: Item Belt Changes - Sawrock - 05-15-2017

I like this idea and agree with Megablues; 2-turn immunity should be good for status effects, and blue potions being 20% FP recovery instead of 20 FP could work as well.

Re: Item Belt Changes - Autumn - 05-15-2017

This would be a welcome change in my eyes, I like it, and be easier to balance for when introducing new items.

Re: Item Belt Changes - Snake - 05-15-2017

This should be the best alternative to solve the current problem with potion usage. Man, I agree with all my likes with this idea, if not have really really high expectations from it.

This is also a pseudo-buff to both Engineers and the importance of Preparation's Just In Case talent too, so the more the merrier!

Re: Item Belt Changes - Slydria - 05-15-2017

Only thing I'm worried about for this is it would make certain niche use items even less desirable in favor of things like PR-Hi Potions and Sal Violates.

Perhaps certain items could have more than one use per slot varied by the effectiveness?

For example, let's say PR-Hi Potion would be 1 per Slot but PR-Stabilizers would be 3 per Slot, having the weaker potions in this instance would mean you can carry more of them which can be advantageous in certain situations like just topping people up.

Re: Item Belt Changes - Snake - 05-15-2017

The 'Item Size' idea from Slydria is also cool.

I think if that ever gets applied all together with the new Item Belt changes, the Medibot would need to have a larger 'pouch' to carry their default amount of healing items?

Re: Item Belt Changes - Autumn - 05-15-2017

With Sly's method you could state in each item description something like "Max allotted in battle: (x)", some potions like Arcanic potions and lesser PR-regeneratives like Stabilizer could be niche picks instead of being one and done things like PR Hi's.

Re: Item Belt Changes - Trexmaster - 05-15-2017

As long as this doesn't interfere with non-consumables, I think this would be fine, assuming something like the suggested allowed item use differences for certain items is included.

Re: Item Belt Changes - Neus - 05-15-2017

It's only for consumables at the moment, yes. The only consumable that I feel might be negatively impacted by this and maybe shouldn't be are bombs.