NEUS Projects
Double Turning - Initiative stat - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Double Turning - Initiative stat (/showthread.php?tid=4659)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Double Turning - Initiative stat - Raigen.Convict - 06-17-2017

Double turning also happens with Fast Offense youkai since some youkai definitely have much higher Celerity than players, this being a thing will cause them to sometimes hit a player -three- times with their respective skill. (I just experimented with this like yesterday, it was brutal seeing a player with 900+ hp go down before they could even land a single hit. on top of the next fight I essentially won against the same 900 hp player and another 2 vs 1.)

Re: Double Turning - Initiative stat - Oni Princess - 06-19-2017

[Image: wgiVaI5.jpg]

Re: Double Turning - Initiative stat - Snake - 06-19-2017

Not even salt, just facts.

Re: Double Turning - Initiative stat - PantherPrincess - 06-19-2017

Okay, so where do I begin... this thread just screams I got beat by a double turning celerity build. I'm sorry but I have to disagree with this immensely. Even if that isn't the case, double turning can be stopped through skip if you're a tank (youd have to be dumb to not take Skip) and there is no reason as a tank to not get initiative even though you don't use celerity... it boosts your move. As for celerity stackers (which is usually only rogue or ghosts who have enough HP missing or tekagen users etc. etc.) that is literally only a few classes who can do that. This seems very targeted. If someone buffs their celerity in order to get behind you and move first next round, that's hardly unfair? It's called tactics. Celerity builds can double turn and tanks can outlive insane damage and tire their opponents out. I have no problem with the way this is so far.

Re: Double Turning - Initiative stat - Autumn - 06-19-2017

Actually the thought was made a long time ago, just never put into fruition, after I saw someone getting double turned in the arena, it sort of reminded me of the idea.

We're not talking about skip either, thats its own thing, we're talking about hardline increasing your CEL past someone else's purposefully double turning in order to squeeze out as much damage in a prime position without any sort of reaction possible, but I guess that'd harm your Ghost/Hexer with death knighting for +22 CEL wouldn't it? Or is it another character you're worried won't get to abuse a broken mechanic anymore?

Look, if Dev offers an alternative solution to a problem, he's already saw the problem with suddenly getting 4-6 actions in a row in a position that nobody can fight against, and I will call out exactly why you actually think double turning is okay, because everyone's been through being double turned, while you are on the receiving end you feel how bad it is for your opponent but you take it anyways, getting double turned sucks, alleviating that seems to be a global mindset in this thread, except for you I guess.

badabing badaBOOM

"Spoops" Wrote:Actually the thought was made a long time ago, just never put into fruition, after I saw someone getting double turned in the arena, it sort of reminded me of the idea.

We're not talking about skip either, thats its own thing, we're talking about hardline increasing your CEL past someone else's purposefully double turning in order to squeeze out as much damage in a prime position without any sort of reaction possible, but I guess that'd harm your Ghost/Hexer with death knighting for +22 CEL wouldn't it? Or is it another character you're worried won't get to abuse a broken mechanic anymore?

Look, if Dev offers an alternative solution to a problem, he's already saw the problem with suddenly getting 4-6 actions in a row in a position that nobody can fight against, and I will call out exactly why you actually think double turning is okay, because everyone's been through being double turned, while you are on the receiving end you feel how bad it is for your opponent but you take it anyways, getting double turned sucks, alleviating that seems to be a global mindset in this thread, except for you I guess.
Why would I care about a character with 22 cel that's a tank lmao????? that makes zero sense but good try. My whole point is celerity is at an all time low right now and you're trying to get it put in an ever abysmal place. Tell me what do you see more right now, celerity or def and res? It has nothing to do with my characters in fact you're the one that made the thread. You always make these kinds of threads when you lose to someones build like I'm not trying to be mean to you, this is just what I've caught on.

How will changing CEL's turn order to apply only on the first round to decide turn order for rest of the fight going to change anything, but fix Double Turning?

Please explain. I wanna know, now you got me curious.

Ok, I'm going to apologize to Spo if you felt attacked. The subject turned somewhere else when it shouldn't have. So, for that I'm sorry.

Re: Double Turning - Initiative stat - Lolzytripd - 06-19-2017

I agree with spo....again...again....