NEUS Projects
Sharing momentum - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Sharing momentum (/showthread.php?tid=467)

Pages: 1 2

Sharing momentum - Argonus - 12-29-2014

I've been playing with the idea of a character being able to transfer momentum to allies as a class feature. I discussed it with people in game and most seem to like the idea but only if it's properly balanced as it's potentially game breaking on its own. I had a few ideas to counterbalance this, one of them was to have a destructable placeable on the field to store momentum, so that there is a risk to lose everything you stockpiled. The other idea was to allow a direct transfer but at a 2:1 ratio.

I want to open a discussion on the concept itself to see if it could be possible and how it can be implemented reasonably. And please try to give responses that actually contribute, we don't need comments from the peanut gallery.

Re: Sharing momentum - Rockabye - 12-29-2014

How this would work from an RP perspective is something to consider and elaborate on before anything else. It's odd to be able to just inexplicably transfer momentum to people, so it's hard to support this idea without knowing what kind of reasoning you have in mind, and without seeing at least the framework of the class you're considering it for. To be concise, I'm asking the following:

1) How would this work from an IC standpoint?
2) Are you considering this for an existing class, or a new one?

If you're considering pitching a new class, I would suggest placing a focus onto the overall structure of the class rather than showing us a single skill. The community can't give a solid opinion on a new class that they've only seen a vague summary of one skill for.

If you're suggesting this for an existing class, I have to say that I'm not sure how it would work with any of the classes that we have currently, but you may have something clever in mind. If so, I recommend sharing it; otherwise the amount of constructive feedback we can give is limited.

Re: Sharing momentum - Lolzytripd - 12-30-2014

FIRE EMBLEM DANCEEEERRRRRR

Re: Sharing momentum - Argonus - 12-30-2014

It would work a lot better for a new promo than an existing one, but let's keep our options open. My original idea was a sort of time magician, where the momentum would literally be borrowed time. Lolzy's post also points out another idea that it could represent someone motivating an ally to push themselves a little bit further on their turn.

Re: Sharing momentum - Neus - 12-30-2014

This sounds like something a dancer class would do, yes.

Re: Sharing momentum - Rendar - 12-30-2014

A dancer seems like it could be. Well. Lets face it. Kinda OP if its a 1:1 ratio of momentum conversion. Simply because a dancer twerking on an evoker would lead to shenanigans.

>14 momentum
>CM-8
>Magai-6
>Two different spells.

Momentum's really powerful if you give someone a lot of it.

Re: Sharing momentum - Lolzytripd - 12-30-2014

how about making a dancers dance 4m, only gives 3m

can only be used at 1 range, can rank it up so that all 4 spots around the dancer benefit.

and before you bitch.

Everyone groups up around the dancer for 3m, it be a shame if someone used an aoe......

Re: Sharing momentum - Rendar - 12-30-2014

"It'd be a shame if someone used an AoE"

Okay. So basically, to balance it out, mages get to fuck them over.

Since. You know. No one else has a decent enough AoE attack. BK's have a trash one, Monk's have a semi trash one, Archers have a semi-trash one...

Re: Sharing momentum - Rockabye - 12-30-2014

If Dancer is what he wants to go for, then how about letting Argonus come up with an actual class layout to overlook? A solid suggestion has yet to be pitched, and this thread has already devolved into an argument over the balance of a hypothetical skill.

Re: Sharing momentum - Sarinpa1 - 12-30-2014

I don't like the idea all too much. Evoker would get awfuly buffed by this and so would duelist (I'm looking at you, fleur)

If it were to be to a new class, something as a dancer (or bard -whistles- ) would be the best bet for this, yeah, added motivation and stuff

Also, I'd suggest the maximum momentum it gives is two.

"But Sarin, that's too low! What will I do with extra 2 momentum, sharpen?!"
Needless to remind, since tactician trait is almost a must, we all start with seven momentum. Aka three different actions would be possible. And were this to be introduced, it'd require CM to be turn ending, no matter the momentum left. (Through it still would allow something like magaisendo + CM -> magaisendo(CM) + CM)

This I see a problem as not many classes got skills that push and two people standing beside each other would be a pain in the ass to kill even if you had equal amount of enemies. (And AoEs aren't too good of a argument againts this.)

It's something new and obscure and with so much potential. Lotsa testing would prolly have to be done.