NEUS Projects
[WIP] Cellsvich Revamp - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Submissions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Mapping (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Cellsvich Revamp (/showthread.php?tid=4745)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: [WIP] Cellsvich Revamp - LatentSparrow - 09-30-2017

Thank you Skullcatrons for the insight. I made some adjustments already to basically all the maps I have made so far. These pictures were outdated. However, what you stated got me to add a little more necessary objects. I'm poking around with that "Atlas.dmi (Terrain too)" and I think I'm going to pull a few things from there to work on Cellsvich (Town).

I haven't posted here in a month since the progress really REALLY has slowed down. But anyways, I have a question for you all concerning Fort Arjav and the new Cellsvich Interiors. Would you all like it if the interiors of Cellsvich had the same lighting that Fort Arjav did? It'll follow the day and night cycle indoors while having candles and other objects to light up the room.

Like so:
[Image: yPckkCE.png]

Re: [WIP] Cellsvich Revamp - Autumn - 09-30-2017

"LatentSparrow" Wrote:Thank you Skullcatrons for the insight. I made some adjustments already to basically all the maps I have made so far. These pictures were outdated.

I haven't posted here in a month since the progress really REALLY has slowed down. But anyways, I have a question for you all concerning Fort Arjav and the new Cellsvich Interiors. Would you all like it if the interiors of Cellsvich had the same lighting that Fort Arjav did? It'll follow the day and night cycle indoors while having candles and other objects to light up the room.

Like so:
[Image: yPckkCE.png]

Personally I don't like the lighting that much in Fort Arjav, its too dark at times, interiors in Cellsvich should be brightly lit like any other standard building.

Re: [WIP] Cellsvich Revamp - Lonestar - 09-30-2017

I agree with Spoops here. The illumination in the Fort is very dark, so I'd prefer them the way it is now.

Re: [WIP] Cellsvich Revamp - MakeshiftWalrus - 09-30-2017

I'd like to see the lighting system implemented, but I ageee it's too dark. The solution is to make more lamps to have a larger spread of light. No big patches of shadow.

Alright, thank you for the feedback. I'll leave it as is then, but probably do a lighting version for the sake of practicing with the Alpha_mod. I personally always wanted a lighting system so lamps and candles actually looked like they did something.

Just a little test I ended up doing. I'm not an expert at Lighting, especially with only having 32x32 tiles to work with. So.. yeah, I'm a complete newbie at it. Tell me what you think, though.

[Image: mSUiJYp.png]

I tried to work around not making it completely dark like in the Fort (Alpha_mod = 0) and made the darkest corner of the room (top left) with a Alpha_mod level of -55. I'm just not fond of the block-y lighting.

The thing I do like about Lighting as a whole, especially in houses, is that the lights are seen as not being "forever on". There is a difference of a room being well lit and a room with lights being "forever on".

Re: [WIP] Cellsvich Revamp - LatentSparrow - 10-02-2017

Fixed it a little. I think I know what I'm doing now.
[Image: pmrSihc.png]

Re: [WIP] Cellsvich Revamp - Skullcatrons - 10-03-2017

Good job! Just hope that darkness isn't causing any disruption to interaction.

Re: [WIP] Cellsvich Revamp - LatentSparrow - 03-04-2018

First of all, I would like to apologize for the amount of time it's taking to finish this project. I've been very busy when it comes to IRL stuff, and or some days I just haven't been motivated to do any mapping. With that said, I think it's time I stop leaving everyone in the dark.

The progression of Cellsvich has gone smooth the past week. Here are a few screenshots:

Cellsvich Square

[Image: Al2AvU5.png]

Cellsvich Inn Exterior

[Image: cGaPgoV.png]

Mage Guild

[Image: 2UaCdlc.png]
I decided to leave the exterior look the same... for now.

House

[Image: KMUut95.png]

Sewers? Water Passage?

[Image: s6tyO7x.png]
Though it's still small, I'm hoping to expand it further sometime if I feel like it's worth it. Shujin probably doesn't remember, but this was requested by him.

Graveyard

[Image: 3yGgooN.png]
Kinda a discount graveyard, but it works I guess... Requested by Boomkiller.

As for Lighting...
I'm planning on reworking the lighting on all previous maps to the style I used in the Interiors. Which means, no more "blocky" lighting. It'll blend more. This will actually take a while, considering the size of Revamped Cellsvich. What I mean by "blocky":

[Image: u6E67Fh.png]

Music
I'm possibly going to try to change the song of Cellsvich. Only if the Dev approves of such a change.

Possible Questions?
Q: What is the size of New Cellsvich?
A: 165x by 125y. Current Cells is about 50x by 50y. (Yes I counted something like that) This could change however, as in, getting bigger.

Q:Are you still doing requests?
A: YES. I tend to run out of ideas, so I kinda need requests. I'll add them if I see reason to.

Q:When will this be done?
A: idk

Q:Will there be NPC Guard presence?
A:Yes. Even though I AFK 90% of the time In-Game, I get tired of hearing the argument that guards are everywhere and you basically can't get away with anything. No matter the size of a guard force, I believe that no guard force is perfect.
I left some areas unguarded in the Capital, which means that the PLAYER GUARDS CAN STOP STANDING IN CELLS SQUARE FLAUNTING THEIR SHINY BADGES AND WOULD ACTUALLY PATROL FOR ONCE OR LOG ON A GUARD CHARACTER AT LEAST.

This is at least an attempt on my part to get more villains to show up in the game since everyone complains about Hero characters and not wanting to be a Law's End Villain.

Q:Will you remove some trees?
A:No. yes Sad

Q:How many houses are you planning to add?
A:20-26. With more requests means more required space, which also means a possibility for more houses.

Re: [WIP] Cellsvich Revamp - Shujin - 03-04-2018

Shujin remebers everything.

I like most of it, the inn looks amazing. The square looks a bit weird though, But I assume thats mostly cause you only see that small angle.
Good job, deserved pets.