NEUS Projects
[Kensei] Skillful Blade Dance - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: [Kensei] Skillful Blade Dance (/showthread.php?tid=477)

Pages: 1 2 3

[Kensei] Skillful Blade Dance - Normal Username - 12-31-2014

I think Kensei(s?) should have an ability that allows them to change the stat they use for their basic attacks and offensive skills into the Skill stat.

I mean, wouldn't it make sense as well? Since I'm pretty sure that samurai(whatever they're based after) don't just use BRUTE FORCE when swinging their katana(swards) but also skill, and therefore this suggestion.

(Actually I'm just pretty sad that it's hard to be a good kensei when it requires strength which is kinda hard to come-by when you're not actually a str-based race or something.)

Re: [Kensei] Skillful Blade Dance - Rendar - 12-31-2014

The reason I'm probably going to ahead and say "Nah, this sucks" is because. Well. To be honest? Kensei has a decent strength growth. Sure you won't have SUPER LEET SKILLS, but this just makes Strength less of a good stat. Heck, if you go Kensei/Tactician, you get this already. A class already provides this bonus and honestly, the skills themselves should scale on half strength, half skill to begin with.

Basic attacks scaling on SKI is not something I would agree to because of Magic Gunners suddenly being stronger than people who are capable of brutally maiming you with an axe.

TL;DR- Kensei's have a lot going for them. SKI scaling on basic attacks shouldn't be a thing for an already strong class.

Re: [Kensei] Skillful Blade Dance - MegaBlues - 12-31-2014

Unless they got -massively- decreased scaling, I'd have to say no dice.

No god stat Dexterity ever again.

Re: [Kensei] Skillful Blade Dance - Normal Username - 12-31-2014

Ack. :v Thanks for the wonderful insights. But in any case, shouldn't skill be at least used for the offensive skills?. . .

(Or maybe I am just butthurt on being a sucky kensei)

The offensive Skills to some degree. The ones that do not cause basic attacks should get 50% SKI/ 50% STR scaling. Or even 75/25. I do not use any of those anyways because, to be frank, they're all garbage barring about two of them.

Re: [Kensei] Skillful Blade Dance - Miller - 12-31-2014

Yeah, the Kensei skills without any additional effects need to be buffed a slight bit that's about it really.

Re: [Kensei] Skillful Blade Dance - Normal Username - 12-31-2014

Well yeah, to be honest. I don't know whether it's because my character is actually not meant for physical combat but rather; magic, or because being kensei usually means being sucky now but well. . .some of my skills(some being all offensive) don't deal any major damage. :v

Re: [Kensei] Skillful Blade Dance - Neus - 12-31-2014

I do agree that the Kensei offensive skills are somewhat lacking and could maybe just do 100% STR instead of 75%. Or have some adjustment made to make them more appealing.

Re: [Kensei] Skillful Blade Dance - Argonus - 12-31-2014

I thought the point of having them at 75 percent was because they're almost all AoE attacks or have some sort of control effect. It's the same reason hexes spells only use 80 percent of your will.

Yeah but its easy to get perfect WIL. And above 100%. It's hard to get near 100% STR.