NEUS Projects
Evasion/Glancing Blows - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Evasion/Glancing Blows (/showthread.php?tid=4953)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Evasion/Glancing Blows - Autumn - 09-21-2017

Can we move this into the test server for now? Its incredibly broken and just makes evade characters the only characters in the game, I'd like to resolve the system through beta testing.

Re: Evasion/Glancing Blows - K Peculier - 09-21-2017

I agree, I feel like this big of a change deserves to be on a test server before going live.

Re: Evasion/Glancing Blows - iStabOreos - 09-21-2017

This change also really fucks with Cobra as a whole as well as...other things, because 90% Hit and the prime fact that I T S I N C R E D I B L Y B R O K E N

Re: Evasion/Glancing Blows - GSM - 09-21-2017

This build will desaturate the entire game to being either Cel stackers or Ski stackers for the time being. I think the only *proper* thing to do is to at least move it to the test server.
I don't want to wretch again when I dodged an attack that had 118% hit against me. And I don't want new players or characters to be bodied because of this massive, incredibly buggy and broken addition.

Re: Evasion/Glancing Blows - Akame - 09-21-2017

As Kunai and I have been saying, just give Evasion! as a trait after the evade tree (after Agile Feet and Afterimage), probably requiring a base CEL of 30 or 40; evasion's LV equal to something like Scaled CEL / 2. Better than giving everyone Cobra.

Rogue's evasion should just up trait Evasion's trigger chance by 30%, and Swaying and In-Fighter Gi's effect should be re-worked.

But yes, put it on a beta server!

Re: Evasion/Glancing Blows - Grandpa - 09-21-2017

No more traits for dodge users, there's already a tax on being a dodge user that any tank doesn't have. It's completely unnecessary.

But yes, a test server would be great. Even if the current one has to roll back for whatever reason.

Re: Evasion/Glancing Blows - Nanovelich - 09-21-2017

+1 to moving it to a test server for now, for reasons already well stated.

Re: Evasion/Glancing Blows - GSM - 09-21-2017

"Akame" Wrote:As Kunai and I have been saying, just give Evasion! as a trait after the evade tree (after Agile Feet and Afterimage), probably requiring a base CEL of 30 or 40; evasion's LV equal to something like Scaled CEL / 2. Better than giving everyone Cobra.

Rogue's evasion should just up trait Evasion's trigger chance by 30%, and Swaying and In-Fighter Gi's effect should be re-worked.

I completely agree with this, and I have been since Kunai suggested it. And while I would normally say I'm against a major chance of damage reduction, this would require Rogue SP and a heavy Cel investment to get any powerful use of it. Kind of like Wraithguard, in my eyes.

But the only issue is that there's going to be a trait rework that Dev keeps mentioning, but the only issue is that it is either forgotten or still in the works.

Re: Evasion/Glancing Blows - B3arcatNation - 09-21-2017

+1 to moving to a test server.

RIP LB

Re: Evasion/Glancing Blows - Neus - 09-21-2017

Test servers have been hit and miss historically. Things just aren't tested as thoroughly as they should be and issues that should have been discovered still crop up in the live server after testing is does. Furthermore, I can't really host a test server myself at the moment.