NEUS Projects
[Query] Colossal Tower Grinding - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: [Query] Colossal Tower Grinding (/showthread.php?tid=4971)

Pages: 1 2

[Query] Colossal Tower Grinding - Joseph Jostar - 09-28-2017

In the Colossal Tower, or at the very least its first encounter (the firespitters/lava slimes, I haven't been able to test the rest), you seem to gain the full amount of EXP, murai, and item drops from each enemy killed. With a Red Letter equipped in particular, it makes grinding items/money/levels a trivial affair. Especially with AoE spells like evoking Whirlpool.

Considering the treatment the arena got shortly after its introduction, it seems like it's worth asking if it's intentional or not.

Additionally, the firespitters in the tower fight are lacking the trait that makes their fire damage bypass immunity/absorb. So that's why the Red Letter thing is a thing.

Re: [Query] Colossal Tower Grinding - Neus - 10-05-2017

Assuming this was unintended, what would people consider a fair adjustment?

Re: [Query] Colossal Tower Grinding - Rendar - 10-05-2017

I'm fine with this staying, as (compared to the arena), this contains actual possibility for death and the downsides therein.

Is it trivialized with a rebia mage?

Probably.

Re: [Query] Colossal Tower Grinding - Fern - 10-05-2017

To be honest I don't really see the big issue with this. You can die and lose your things, compared to old arena grinding where you had no risks for the EXP gains.

I don't see any need to change it. If anything, the one thing that truly needs fixing here is Firespitters lacking their absorb/immunity negation on explode. I think they should have it, anyway.

I've actually died a few times in there. As a Rebia mage, mind you.

Re: [Query] Colossal Tower Grinding - Snake - 10-05-2017

The only bug here seems to be the Firespitters not having the passives they're intended to have, tbh.

The higher level Firespitters also trigger Evasion on almost anything due to their stats and how fast they are, each Self-Destruct chips away 360 HP on characters who don't have RES (150-140 on ones who have, mind you). If you don't end the fight fast enough the Lava Golems will deliver an extra 150-200 blunt damage to all of your team with their Rampage. The fight is a literal hell.

The only way to 'abuse' this is by using Red Letter and its Fire Absorption, or Fire Immunity from installing a certain Youkai. Remove those factors and bam, this becomes a risky fight for a great reward, once again.

Re: [Query] Colossal Tower Grinding - Chaos - 10-05-2017

"Neus" Wrote:Assuming this was unintended, what would people consider a fair adjustment?
If we add a copy of this fight to the Badlands Arena, and perhaps throw out the EXP penalty alongside, I think we can adjust the Tower fight to be much less lenient/grind-worthy.

I say 'throw out the EXP penalty' because there is no longer an RNG that people can constantly run through for supreme stats. Uncapping the Arena would also let us adjust difficulty in other areas (i.e. BDPs) much more easily.

Re: [Query] Colossal Tower Grinding - Raigen.Convict - 10-05-2017

I'm with chaos here but if we uncap the exp at the arena upon losing you should pay some sort of penalty like a number of arena tokens or murai.

Re: [Query] Colossal Tower Grinding - MegaBlues - 10-05-2017

Let people easily grind. There's no purpose in making it harder for people to get to the level they want.

Re: [Query] Colossal Tower Grinding - NaitoPsych - 10-05-2017

Fix the Firespitter trait, don't adjust anything else. The Tower is fine.

Re: [Query] Colossal Tower Grinding - Fern - 10-05-2017

Having a spot designed specifically for fast grinding and making BDPs the best way to get good items instead is also an option, yeah. I still think it's best to just adjust the Firespitter trait for now.