NEUS Projects
Kekagen - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Kekagen (/showthread.php?tid=5012)

Pages: 1 2 3

Kekagen - Inconspicuous Kitty - 10-14-2017

Tekagen is one or two points wasted. Three HP and FP back a turn for losing /half your stats/ is frankly, ridiculous. While I get that it's holding back, there's still not purpose to, well, holding back.

A simple but effective change for starters would be to make the regeneration granted by Tekagen percentile based. So, instead of 3hp/FP a turn, you will get 3% of your HP and FP a turn. The numbers can make to be adjusted, but it's not overpowered and it's still you holding back.

I believe this would be a worthwhile change.

Re: Kekagen - Snake - 10-14-2017

I mean, better than my last suggestion. (Which was Tekagen granting Evasion while on and WIL increasing the amount of healing done.) I do support this simple change, since the halved stats makes it impossible to abuse, along with Glykin's well-deserved nerfs.

I just wish Tekagen actually reduced raw battle statistics (Hit/Evade/Critical/Damage Reductions) instead of all stats.

And prior to Dev posting that Tekagen can be triggered during the enemy's turn. No, test and proved that Tekagen can only be triggered at 'your' turn, and it becomes unavailable on the enemy's. Hotbar or not.

Re: Kekagen - Chaos - 10-14-2017

Tekagen really just needs to be taken out of Kensei's skill pool and made into an independent switch on the status screen. The whole point behind the skill is to hold back, and I don't see why non-Kenseis can't do that.

Re: Kekagen - PantherPrincess - 10-14-2017

Most people have used this skill into tricking opponents so there actually is some use to this skill. You have it on for the first turn and make your opponent think you're slower, turn it off the next turn you're suddenly faster. This is mostly CEL vs CEL though.

Re: Kekagen - Snake - 10-14-2017

Thing is, Tekagen doesn't affect base stats or racials. Double Turning is completely scrapped out of the game's existence.

Re: Kekagen - Fern - 10-14-2017

I'm not sure why, but Tekagen still seems to make you double turn on people, if you use it properly. It might be halving initiative too, I guess?

That's the only thing it's used for nowadays, though.

Re: Kekagen - Shujin - 11-22-2017

"Chaos" Wrote:Tekagen really just needs to be taken out of Kensei's skill pool and made into an independent switch on the status screen. The whole point behind the skill is to hold back, and I don't see why non-Kenseis can't do that.

Not status screen please. It should be still possible to change mid-fight. So aka a non skillpool slot taking skill would be better. Aside from that, a general holding back skill for everyone isn´t a bad idea.
Is nice for RP when you are ICly crippled for some strange chaos events *cough*

Re: Kekagen - Snake - 11-22-2017

Current Tekagen should be moved to a Trait, and Kensei's Tekagen should become a skill that reduces your damage by 90%, increases your Evade by 90% and makes you face an enemy before they attack if you have Quickdraw on.

Re: Kekagen - Neus - 11-22-2017

I don't think that's a great idea at all.

Tekagen is a flavor skill. It's not really meant to be practical for combat because it's literally you holding back.

Re: Kekagen - Shujin - 11-22-2017

Yeah, make it a general thing for everyone, Make it not effect FP/HP cause currently "holding back" is actually warrying you out.

Cause you lose like half your FP and the 3 regen is not really making up for that.

I only use this cause my main character is ICly weakend currently. It really has no other use. Well, though according to fern you can still double turn with it, which I didn´t test out yet.