NEUS Projects
Another STR Topic - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Another STR Topic (/showthread.php?tid=5034)

Pages: 1 2 3

Another STR Topic - Chaos - 11-02-2017

I think we're all well-informed about STR at this point, so I'll skip the introduction and get straight to the point.

The last attempt to toughen up STR didn't work out. So here's another idea to make STR better:

Quote:*For every 4 Scaled STR, +1 Power to all non-casting weapons.

To be sure, 'casting weapons' in this case refers to:
-All Tomes
-Spelledge weapons
-Weapons with Conduiz material
-While God Rod is in effect, Polearms with the Staff subtype
-While Apertaurus' racial is in effect, Axes

Basically, this bonus doesn't apply to anything that counts as a casting tool.

Additionally, this bonus would apply to both basic attacks and skills.

Re: Another STR Topic - Sokuryoku - 11-02-2017

I highly approve of this message

Re: Another STR Topic - Fern - 11-02-2017

I honestly prefer this suggestion, -at least- as a placeholder for the time being. I also find it kind of cool- since it's a tad similar to the way WIL works for elemental attack... except it's not magic this time!

It has my support. I think we should try this out for now, at the very least.

Re: Another STR Topic - Lonestar - 11-02-2017

I like it and I'm up to give this a try.

Re: Another STR Topic - FleshChild - 11-02-2017

While I think it may be a little difficult to differentiate between Staves and weapons with Conduiz, this might work fairly well. Str has always felt like a chore to get due to its benefits. It's only good for Weapon Scaling, Carry Weight ( Which can be substituted with Pocket Enchant and Hauler ) and Battle Weight ( Which only matters to people going heavy on tanking, like BK or Fat Mages, etc. ) This should even it out a little in terms of point-spend, and make basic attacking a little more viable compared to stacking heavy crit and crit damage.

Re: Another STR Topic - Grandpa - 11-02-2017

This sounds like a good plan to me. I'm pretty tired of strength just being... not worth taking over pretty much any other stat and I think this could be pretty great.

Re: Another STR Topic - Sarinpa1 - 11-02-2017

i wonder how often can i post the exactly same topic until it changes instead of using existing ones

this sounds like a decent change, but we need to revise cinders that are always so strangely forgotten when people complain about str, much like fire atk in general
we dont particuairly need str dumping hotg supersmash paired with ridiculous cinderssssss

last few times the requirement to wear a piece of equipment to null something stupidly strong was something unthinkable, shunned, ridiculed. (/Points toward River sword and actualy having an item to boost ur water res) and yet since cinders got in, you want to have threads. Period. Ogatas with their 10% DR lured in many as well, no doubt thanks to 2 cel boost, and then there were the sparky shoes, but if you chose those and met a cinder abuser, you're in for a bad time.

With how easy it is to create cinders on so many class combos, its pretty strong. Kill it at last.

Re: Another STR Topic - Autumn - 11-02-2017

I will still stand by my point in the last thread in where that giving more damage to this stat is just going to cause problems, a lot of them.

Making a new thread does not change my opinion that giving STR more damage will be a terrible idea, I don't want to go into it too deeply right now but you have to account for STR being the highest scalable stat in the game, having the best enchant in the game besides lightning, and also how well critical damage scales from ANY amount of power added to it.

Re: Another STR Topic - Skullcatrons - 11-02-2017

[Image: afd315e343b22001ce30d3e21d52740b.png]

Jokes aside.

I'll strongly disagree, and in fact oppose giving the STR +1 Weapon power increase per four. There's my several reasons. Oh. It's all gone.
No wait. They're here.

You're forgetting the Apertaurus race. Not only are they receiving a good deal. They'll get to be even more stronger from this improvement. Which inevitably mean Apertaurus Firemage in full Dragon King set with battlepick. I've messed around with your suggestions. A highest Axe SWA can go up to 170 SWA, or more. Because Apertaurus can use any weapons as casting tool long as their 1+(SAN/10) is equal, or more than the rarity. In this case, I chose Battlepick because it have 3* Rarity. In this case, when you're fighting off against an Apertaurus Firemage. Not only are they going to be dealing tremedous amount of damage to you just because of higher SWA they got. You'll also be tremedously ruined because the Power potential added more damage to their attacks.

While you meant Casting tools refers to your list. I've just felt like nitpicking at you.

On other hands. I'll also oppose STR since the mages received their nerf a while ago. I understands your attempt to try, and rejuvenates the STR stat to be more efficient. However, as it stands right now. You'll be making alot of non-basic attacker melee a slight buff. Then mages have no buff at all. Sure, the Mages' autohit still have autohits in spite that they received a 30% damage reduction if their enemy have higher evasion than their SKI. But only to make melee's weapons stronger, and in fact make the player much more stronger in PVP.

I can see why I would find myself refusing this.

Re: Another STR Topic - Fern - 11-02-2017

Global evasion affects more than just mages. STR autohit builds generally sacrifice SKI and deal with a constant 30% reduction, which usually also throws defensive stats and others into the mix. I had a 201 scaled weapon attack Apertaurus, and once Global Evasion hit, I had to shift out of that build. Why? Because it was pure autohits, and 200 SWA wasn't as effective versus the DR. The power bonus also wouldn't apply to the Apertaurus' casting tool, in the original suggestion, since it's supposed to count all casting tools.

The STR investment, in this case, would be about 40 to 50 scaled to even show a good difference. You've gotta build a fairly high amount of STR to get good use out of the power bonus. If you build STR, you miss out on other stats due to the amount of stat points you can invest. That generally means critical damage-- and if you build pure, critical damage with STR? Then you lose out on defensive stats as well, usually. I'm speaking from experience with making numerous critical builds, both the ones using STR and the ones that don't. The latter usually plays out the best, in the end.

Cinders are a different issue- you shouldn't shoot towards cinders every time you build STR at all. The problem with cinders is also not the fact you can get high STR with Dragon King set (that forces you go to go tank in most cases if you wear the full thing, mind you) but the way on-round effects work. It's the reason why being a low CEL character is usually the best route for a pyromancer- because things such as Explosion and cinders activate the moment their turn ends, if they go last. If such effects happened on your next turn instead, then it'd be a lot better- but this thread is about STR, not cinders.