NEUS Projects
Armor of Die - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Armor of Die (/showthread.php?tid=5060)

Pages: 1 2

Armor of Die - Autumn - 11-25-2017

Armor of eyes still seems to be the most frequently built torso in the game due to the sheer versatility it provides to literally anyone who wears it, not only rivaling most dodgy unarmored torsos but also giving you enough hit to start making dodgy people irrelevant to you, as well as giving you the off chance to tank a crit very effectively by reducing its potency to 0.

This piece of armor needs be toned down, a simple reduction of the stats it has would do it very well.

-Hit granted by armor of eyes reduced to 1+UL/2
-Base evade should be lowered to 5, now that insect remains exists.
-Negation of crits should be changed to UL% Chance to reduce critical damage by UL%

Most of if not all of these effects being changed to what I stated would help set it line, and make torso pieces such as ninja armor, haunted poncho and padded vest cloak have some merit again, due to armor of eyes practically outscaling every single one of these armors in their best enviroments, in just 1 package + more hit.

Re: Armor of Die - Fern - 11-25-2017

This armor is everywhere and there's rarely a better choice, so it might be a good idea to tone it down really. It's also a big offender when it comes to easy hit stacking.

Re: Armor of Die - Grandpa - 11-25-2017

To be honest, I think so long as it's something that gives you evade and hit, in any amount, it's going to be a better option than almost everything else in the game. Maybe the effect should be changed to something else entirely?

Re: Armor of Die - Rendar - 11-25-2017

I have to agree here. It's overwhelming due to the fact that it's just SO good. It overshadows every 10 star item that I had my friend wear it as a BK/Arb over friggin heavy armor because it was +HIT.

With certain circumstances (see: 99% of the time with a specific race / class combo) this can raise your hit to 350%+. It really needs to take a hit. Whether it be removing the crit negation effect, or simply reducing the evasion is up in the air.

Re: Armor of Die - Autumn - 11-25-2017

Removing the hit entirely almost seems out of the question, I feel that'd cause issue to some, so just reducing the hit and reducing the evade by a significant amount would at least give ninja armor back its status of being the defacto evade torso piece again, but as it stands a breezecloth ninja armor has 33 evade with max upg, an insect remains armor of eyes has 31 evade with max upg, the 2 evade it has over AoE does not outweight the other options by even a small margin.

negating backstabs and flank is pretty big on its own, I wouldn't be opposed to just straight removing the critical damage portion too.

Re: Armor of Die - Snake - 11-25-2017

I fully agree with the OP, no real big mean words.

As Fern said, Armor of Eyes is an old item and everybody and their mom nowadays have it, and even classes that don't need unarmored are forced to use it due to the recent changes (Evasion), and old ones (VA, which this was the armor to counter the class, but VA became obsolete as 'frick' lately thanks to the Main Class only Voidveil).

It's also a chore 'having' to grind a thousand years for one (yes, you have no other option, if you don't use it, you're going to be making a horrible choice) every time you're making a new char, aside the part people love to overprice it in shops.

Re: Armor of Die - MegaBlues - 11-25-2017

I agree that the item needs to be nerfed, but instead of the usual sledgehammer method of making it absolutely useless, it can be reduced in one area, then do more if it's not enough.

I'd just cut the Hit bonus to 1+UL/2, then leave the rest alone.

Re: Armor of Die - Autumn - 11-25-2017

I'm afraid that'd still make it one of the best armors to have, it excels in too many areas, cutting its hit in half will make dodging more useful but it will still be the best option compared to other unarmored.

Re: Armor of Die - MegaBlues - 11-25-2017

ComC still offers great elemental resistance, sarasha gi gives hit as well as critical hit, ninja armor is still technically the best evade.

Armor of eyes might be the best offensively, but it's not the best hands down. Some of its power also comes from the fact that cloth (and wood) don't have any options as powerful as remains. Once that's fixed, I don't think it'll stand out as much.

There's also the fact that it's a 10* item, so it should be fairly powerful.

Re: Armor of Die - Fern - 11-25-2017

I believe it's an issue when even the fat mages sacrifice other armors such as ComC, solely for Armor of Eyes. Honestly, I still lean towards the opening's suggestion.

For the record, Sarasha Gi does not grant hit. It's critical and evade.