NEUS Projects
Exotic Weapon Mastery - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Exotic Weapon Mastery (/showthread.php?tid=5063)

Pages: 1 2

Exotic Weapon Mastery - Autumn - 11-25-2017

A talent for the weaponry subpath for weapons that are foreign and have special quirks to them, this weapon path would mostly apply to tomes, throwing weaponry (Shurikens subtypes and Javelin), fans, whips and clubs

Since each of these weapons have Balance and Adapation through their respective weaponry trees, for the most part this talent path would be ticks for special perks each of the weapons get.

Critical Thinking: Tomes gain SR*3 Hit and Critical. (5 sub-ranks max)

Strong Arm: Increases throwing range of throwing weapons/Shuriken type weapons by SR*1 (3 sub-ranks max)

Fan Dancer: After attacking with a fan, gain SR*3 evade until your next turn (5 sub-ranks max)

Sadistic: Whip type weapons gain SR*2 Power per debuff your target has. (3 sub-ranks max)

Bruising: Clubs have an increased chance of causing Fracture injuries, additionally you gain SR*2 hit towards targets you've already hit this round.(5 sub-ranks max)

I appreciate any feedback/ideas, though I think the talent should only extend to the listed weapon types, most of anything else already gets bonuses from certain skills.

Re: Exotic Weapon Mastery - Chaos - 11-25-2017

"Spoops" Wrote:Critical Thinking: Tomes gain SR*3 Hit and Critical. (5 sub-ranks max)
This is ridiculously powerful for a Talent sub-path. Knock it down to just SR Hit and Critical.

Everything else looks good.

Re: Exotic Weapon Mastery - Autumn - 11-25-2017

Tomes don't exactly get weapon parts or a lot of passives to make them shine in basic attacking, maybe SR*2 would be a good compromise to you?

Re: Exotic Weapon Mastery - Fern - 11-25-2017

Tomes don't really get weapon parts, as it was previously mentioned, so I personally don't see the big issue in giving them that talent. I like everything presented here, though!

Re: Exotic Weapon Mastery - Snake - 11-25-2017

Let me hit tanks with magic pls.

Re: Exotic Weapon Mastery - Neus - 11-26-2017

Exotic weapons already benefit from the main talent lines so I don't think this is really necessary.

Re: Exotic Weapon Mastery - Rendar - 11-26-2017

Tomes don't exactly get a +hit/crit one. The entire fluency tree is about using tomes for magic. Despite the Whip series being somewhat devoted to "actually being able to hit"... they don't actually have any +HIT or +CRIT to make it so.

Weapon parts probably could play a part in that to make tomes more "use with basic attacks", but as you've said in the past.

"Tomes aren't ever going to get weapon parts, because they're not meant to be used for basic attacking."

Re: Exotic Weapon Mastery - Chaos - 11-26-2017

"Spoops" Wrote:Tomes don't exactly get weapon parts or a lot of passives to make them shine in basic attacking, maybe SR*2 would be a good compromise to you?
If Tomes got weapon parts, they would be used to stack more Power and nothing else. I also recall Book Smack still being a thing.

We are still talking about a five-point sub-path, which is extremely cheap and requires no serious investment in the grand picture. If it was SR*1.5 Hit and SR Critical, then it would work. Any more and you're putting too many points into the effect of a talent path, especially when you're putting hit and critical in the same effect.

Re: Exotic Weapon Mastery - MegaBlues - 11-26-2017

Global Evasion is still a thing. Even magic users need accuracy. They could use critical if weapon critical influenced lightning crits, but that's another discussion for another day.

So I'm all for giving tome-users a decent source of hit if they're never getting weapon parts.

Re: Exotic Weapon Mastery - Argonus - 11-28-2017

If we had a separate line for alt weapons would it stack with the other weapon talents? If so wouldn't that give them an immense advantage over standard weapons?