NEUS Projects
Same limit - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Same limit (/showthread.php?tid=5195)

Pages: 1 2

Same limit - Autumn - 01-30-2018

"Neus" Wrote:Q. How does stat point distribution work?
A. This is a rather important question so I decided to address it first. The way it works is, you have a number of stat points that can be allocated in any amount to any stat you choose. You receive 3 stat points (currently) per level, including your first level, for a total of 180 points that can be freely distributed. Which might make you think, 'why don't I just max my damage stat and one shot people? Not very different from now, is it?'. It's true you can freely distribute these points, but there are a few caveats.
  • Diminishing returns. The effect of points in a specific stat decreases in effect after you distribute 40 points into it; every point into, say, VIT beyond your racial base + 40 are only half effective. If VIT gave me 10 HP per point, this would mean once I hit that cap, it starts giving me 5 HP instead.
  • You can only distribute up to 80 points into a single stat, making your base cap 80 + racial base.
So, you could definitely sink 80 points into your main damage stat if you wanted to, if you're willing to sacrifice point efficiency for extra damage. However, by giving you a realistic 'fall off' point, it feels less bad to avoid doing so.

A while back in the beginning of GR you mentioned that it was possible to go above 80 stat points, your racial base would determine that, but as it stands...

[Image: 47fdfa89a8.png]
[Image: 1f5bb9678a.png]

I am able to invest 13 more points into STR here but they don't add up past 80, furthermore I decided to affirm the stat points for bug testing a bit more.
[Image: 57560b1338.png]

My STR stat will not go above 80 no matter what I do here, even though as an Onigan, I should have 85 STR as my hard cap.

Furthermore I reset my stats at Asha, to affirm that Aptitude is not messing with anything and sure enough, aptitude does not matter, my stat cannot go above 80 despite the intention for it to go to 80 + racial base.

[Image: e55d4a77dd.png]
[Image: 6b4ac322ed.png]

Re: Same limit - adamkad1 - 02-06-2018

Adding to this- my mech character came up to 81 vit (agile type) which is one more point than spoops, but still not at excepted limit

Re: Same limit - Lolzytripd - 02-06-2018

Honestly I think this just needs to be changed completely, remove any code that adjusts the stat total.

Halve diminishing returns, cap diminishing returns at 50%.

Remove elemental attack from willpower, give willpower .5% magic def % reduction for damage calculations.

Give Str .5% physical def % reduction for damage calculations.

See if this encourages more varied builds.

Re: Same limit - Autumn - 02-06-2018

This is a bug report, not a discussion Lolzy.

Re: Same limit - Lolzytripd - 02-06-2018

Fine

Re: Same limit - Neus - 03-20-2018

I have some reservations about fixing this, namely that it would probably necessitate a lot of people having to redo their build.

Re: Same limit - Shujin - 03-22-2018

You mean what they litterally do twice a day anyway?

Re: Same limit - Autumn - 03-22-2018

I don't get how it'd cause people to have to reset their builds, if anything people who over-invested in a stat by accident would only benefit.

Re: Same limit - Neus - 03-23-2018

There are two scenarios:

1) This doesn't matter at all and it being fixed is inconsequential anyway.
2) This will affect a number of people significantly and is probably better left unfixed.

Re: Same limit - Lolzytripd - 03-23-2018

It will affect people, but they won't lose stats, it will make it so those that invested their 80 max points in a stat get 80+racial instead of locked at 80.

it won't cause anyone to lose stats.