NEUS Projects
Sogensalt - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Sogensalt (/showthread.php?tid=5588)

Pages: 1 2 3

Sogensalt - Autumn - 08-17-2018

I think its been a long enough time to not be considered knee jerk anymore but, I think this sword is a tad bit overtuned, it has 120% total scaling, and 50% ice magic damage on hit (making it synergize with bloody palms), and its a katana on top of being better than most of the current swords.

I think bumping down the scaling will be all that is really needed, making it 60/40 SKI/STR would probably set it in line with other swords, I don't think I'll mention Yuki-jin since Sogensara is a 9 star and those tend to be incredibly elusive, but sure enough they'll start showing up more and more.

Re: Sogensalt - Snake - 08-18-2018

Is it really better than Conduiz Raijin or Tarnada?

Re: Sogensalt - Autumn - 08-18-2018

"Snake" Wrote:Is it really better than Conduiz Raijin or Tarnada?

I already stated why, 120% scaling with 50% elemental atk on hit, Raijin typically finds itself getting really low SWA comparatively to other swords so it actually hasn't been a problem lately, and Tarnada is just good because its weapon stats are just 10% higher than everything else, but even Tarnada doesnt have 120% scaling with 50% elemental atk on hit.

Re: Sogensalt - Snake - 08-19-2018

Makes sense. Though I wish their skill could at least get some compensation for the rebalance to make the sword match the others... Like making you dash towards where you target with the Everblue.

Re: Sogensalt - Shujin - 08-21-2018

I agree to the skill compensation part. Everblue is extremely situational.

But not in the form of dashing towards it, nah. I don't want to jump to a tree I froze.
-I rather just have it deal like 150% ice damage in it's path or something.
-Have the Ice statues generally be effected by Freeze talent and or Permafrost from Verglas(3 duration on the status is just way too short to tactically use them much.)
-OR keep the skill as it is, but if you use it on a person/plant object that isn't an enemy plant it only costs 1M.

So it would be more useable outside of the rare case of facing a doriad/ranger cherry blossom tree users.

Well a potential that helps using the Statues/frozen people would help aswell. Something like shattering them like tiny ice bombs in a 2-3 tile big area? That would be pretty cool.

Re: Sogensalt - K Peculier - 11-06-2018

I agree with the nerfs to the scaling with Spoops and have the ability perhaps modified somehow.

Katanas are already at an incredibly good spot right now and the sogensora simply elevates that to a godly degree.

Scaled weapon attack stacking has never been easier with this weapon just like the problem we had with the raijin when it first came out.

Re: Sogensalt - Autumn - 12-07-2018

I know we're in the middle of a trait rework and thats very important, but this is a very egregious and unfair weapon, its much more common these days and I see quite literally every kensei wanting to use a katana using it over anything else, average builds hit over 140-150 SWA on this thing, average builds that don't even spec too heavily into a damage stat and instead spec more into their defensive stats as a result.

Re: Sogensalt - Grandpa - 12-07-2018

I honestly think the biggest problem with it is that it does ice damage on hit as well, otherwise it would be comparable to the spine leash. I've seen builds with just gross amounts of ice stacking (100+) just for the Sogensara's on hit damage is as strong as possible, alongside the rest of its high as hell scaling. I genuinely think it's one of the strongest, if not THE strongest melee weapon in the game right now. You can accomplish far too much with it, and when you consider that the yukijin (an ice katana that does ice damage on hit) already exists, this is just a straight upgrade and removes any point in using the Yukijin.

Re: Sogensalt - Akame - 12-08-2018

I can see it becoming like.. 55% SKI 45% STR scaling. I would have said 60% SKI and 40% STR, but that's a bit too close to the Hakouhen Masterwork Katana without any drawback.

Re: Sogensalt - Lolzytripd - 12-08-2018

I still feel one of the bigger issues with mixed scaling weapons is that they don't fulfill their purpose in a game with diminishing returns.

the point of a single stat scaling weapon is you can pump out a ton of it's stat into it, lets say 75 scaled strength.

Mixed scaling weapons, if their scaling total was equal to the single stat, they would need to sacrifice other stats to get to the same damage as the single scaling.

but with diminishing returns this doesn't really happen often enough.