NEUS Projects
Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. (/showthread.php?tid=6214)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - Noxid - 05-25-2019

I think lowering it's scaling would be enough. So you have to rely on the damage from vydel a bit more. Nerfing it too much at once is just gonna send it straight into the trash tier.

Re: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - Autumn - 06-20-2019

Just gonna bring this up again since its been nearly a month, two updates and no change to this weapon, I'd like to hear if there's gonna be any changes for this weapon present later? Its still incredibly frustrating to see every sword build currently using this weapon if they fit its stat line.

How I think it should be changed is that it should have lowered scaling and have the Vydel effect changed to Vyd instead.

Re: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - Raigen.Convict - 06-21-2019

Why not just a Wind Slasher for its crit effect and be done with it? That's totally fine, right? It doesn't get affected by charge mind anymore as far as I can tell and would need a casting tool to really do much beyond the 24 slash damage...

Re: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - WaifuApple - 06-21-2019

Tarnada counts as a casting tool for Vydel, so would likely do so for this. The fact it can give lingering damage makes it unfavourable. High damage output, lingering damage, and on top of that they remain in position so you can just strike them again?

No thanks, honestly.

Re: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - Slydria - 06-21-2019

I feel that changing the effect of Tarnada to a different spell somewhat takes away from the theme of the Weapon.

Currently there's a UL% chance on a critical to follow up the attack with the Vydel which leads a potentially powerful and disruptive burst.

Here's an idea, rather than changing the effect, how about changing the way it triggers and how it can be unleashed?

For instance, instead of a random chance to trigger on a critical, let's say On Critical: Generate Tornado Charges based on UL. (e.g. UL + 1 would give you 25 charges on critical hits)

After gaining enough Tornado Charges (e.g. 100), you are then able to consume them all to manually cast the Tarnada's variant of Vydel. (I imagine this would be a 3 Momentum, 0 FP cost skill, much like an already Invoked Vydel.)

I think by changing it to work this way, it makes the weapon more predictable (thereby easier to prepare a defense again) and removes the sheer burst of damage and lowers the effective Momentum trade when activated.

Further you can set up exactly how many critical hits it should take before you get the Vydel and optionally whether things like Silence/Invocation Breaking should impede it or not.

Re: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - Autumn - 06-21-2019

Sounds a lot better than its current iteration I'll agree with that, a lot more thematic to the weapon itself and doesn't give you what is essentially a free vydel on top of a critical hit, the vydel itself could be better or worse in situations and allow the tarnada user to control where it goes off, letting it be more useful in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing.

I think that would be the most welcome change in my book even if the weapon would still have overloaded stats on it.

Re: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - PantherPrincess - 06-21-2019

Slydria post_id=36971 time=1561147155 user_id=51 Wrote:I feel that changing the effect of Tarnada to a different spell somewhat takes away from the theme of the Weapon.

Currently there's a UL% chance on a critical to follow up the attack with the Vydel which leads a potentially powerful and disruptive burst.

Here's an idea, rather than changing the effect, how about changing the way it triggers and how it can be unleashed?

For instance, instead of a random chance to trigger on a critical, let's say On Critical: Generate Tornado Charges based on UL. (e.g. UL + 1 would give you 25 charges on critical hits)

After gaining enough Tornado Charges (e.g. 100), you are then able to consume them all to manually cast the Tarnada's variant of Vydel. (I imagine this would be a 3 Momentum, 0 FP cost skill, much like an already Invoked Vydel.)

I think by changing it to work this way, it makes the weapon more predictable (thereby easier to prepare a defense again) and removes the sheer burst of damage and lowers the effective Momentum trade when activated.

Further you can set up exactly how many critical hits it should take before you get the Vydel and optionally whether things like Silence/Invocation Breaking should impede it or not.

This is a cool idea but I'd make the charges more similar to Thunderhooves in my opinion. Using the weapon's UL giving you about 4 charges per hit (total of 24 UL). An ideal duelist would be able to pull off 3 hits in one turn which would be 12 charges per turn. At their second-third turn they can now cast it. I think this would tame it a lot more.

Re: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - Grandpa - 06-21-2019

I like Slydria's idea quite a bit, myself.

But I'd want the scaling changed along with the weapon, really. I don't think 45/45 is a good idea either, because that's still relatively high scaling on a defensive stat.

I think I'd rather like to see something like 60/30 strength/celerity. The base stats on the weapon are pretty damn good to make up for the lower scaling.

Re: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - Mewni - 06-22-2019

Scaling is not the only problem, it's critical and hit is also above majority of the swords. I often saw people picking it not for the scaling itself, but for those two factors.

Re: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - PantherPrincess - 06-23-2019

It's a great katana but its not the absolute choice, there are katanas that amount to the same amount of power in terms of swords. Hisen, Hakouhen, Raijin, etc... I wouldn't put it above any of those. So I don't think the scaling or the weapons stats are a problem. Vydel procs too frequently and easily. And it's not affected by silence. By changing it to a charge effect like Slydria stated it would take some time to achieve the effect.