NEUS Projects
Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. (/showthread.php?tid=6214)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - Akame - 06-24-2019

PantherPrincess post_id=36996 time=1561252782 user_id=86 Wrote:It's a great katana but its not the absolute choice, there are katanas that amount to the same amount of power in terms of swords. Hisen, Hakouhen, Raijin, etc... I wouldn't put it above any of those. So I don't think the scaling or the weapons stats are a problem. Vydel procs too frequently and easily. And it's not affected by silence. By changing it to a charge effect like Slydria stated it would take some time to achieve the effect.
Pretty much this.
I do agree though that the base power and accuracy of the weapon should be toned down a bit, but the scaling is fine as-is. Things like the Spine Leash exist still with a high 120% scaling, so the Tarnada's scaling isn't too out of hand. I think a slight tone down on the base power and accuracy, combo'd with Sly's idea should do the trick for the Tarnada to keep it in check.

Re: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - ValkyrieSkies - 06-24-2019

Just make it cast Wind Slasher instead, that way you still get the thematic sword slash that cuts through the air while dropping how ridiculous Vydel was.

Re: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - WaifuApple - 06-24-2019

Again, still has the potential to be ridiculous. Tarnada can sometimes be a liability with Vydel moving them out of your range - not the case with Wind Slasher. Wind Slasher and the possibility of lingering damage will still be a problem.

Re: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - GSM - 06-27-2019

I personally think some of the issues lie in the absurdly high base stats of the Tarnada itself, so if anything, its base crit and hit should be pulled back, just so with proper parts it doesn’t outclass literally every other sword in the entire game.

However, randomly casting a free invocation on a weapon that has extremely high base stats, especially a notably high crit for a sword that relies on crits, is horrifically oppressive. I have seen people get hit with a crit on a sidecut, Vydel’d back into the Sidecut line, and then crit Vydel’d AGAIN.

The mere prospect of randomly throwing off positioning and halting all RP for an uncontrollable giant tornado ripping through the battlefield has turned me off from ever using the weapon in a serious light. So, if any other changes to the Tarnada are made other than changing up its base stats, I’d wish for one of these:

-Make the Vydel charge based, a la Slydria’s suggestion;
-Change the Vydel to a Wind Slasher instead;
-Shift more power away from its base stats in order to compensate for the Vydel chance.

Re: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - Autumn - 09-27-2019

Any chance of this being brought to light within the next update or two? Everything I've already said has been said more and more, I don't need to add much more except this query.

Re: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - Senna - 09-28-2019

It would be nice if the changes happens soon but dev might have an idea how to fix its problem.

Re: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - Snake - 09-30-2019

[Image: unknown.png]

Re: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - Mewni - 09-30-2019

Time to catch a ride every 2nd turn if you don't avoid crits against a duel boi

Re: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - Senna - 10-01-2019

It seems more like a buff than nerf if they don't build super evade or crit evade.

Re: Skiddadle Skeddoodle, you're a Tornoodle. - Autumn - 10-01-2019

It doesn't change what was bad about the weapon to start with it just makes it more consistent, which is arguably a huge buff towards it because now you can perfectly execute the vydel from say, scarlet twister pulls.

Its still going to be hands down the best sword in the game currently for anyone who has CEL, its still going to encourage CEL stacking like a goon because hey CEL stacking is god like, it'll still have 10% more base stats than any other sword on top of having really ridiculous base power.

If Dev wants to go through with this buff, thats fine, I'll see where it goes, but I can foresee with like 90% certainty that this is almost guaranteed to just be a buff rather than a nerf, because now you'll be able to execute perfect 300 damage vydels that fling people all the way across the map and knock them down because you happened to be enchanted with Talvyd.