NEUS Projects
Dullahans no weakness? - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Dullahans no weakness? (/showthread.php?tid=6490)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Dullahans no weakness? - Shujin - 10-14-2019

Its a thing I noticed ages ago, many believed it was the case but it isn't...

Can they get a weakness to Holy? They are possessed Armor, and one of the strongest races we have with one of the strongest Rush strategies possible (cause of their high momentum). Or at the very least give them a Weakness to it when they go into their berserk state amd/or Soul Burned, so there is a counter window..

Its just strange to me why they do not actually count as possessed, they quickly overshadow Vampires in strength and their only penalty is basically not being able to drink potions to heal and a stun that can be used in your own favour, though other healing stuff works just fine. Not to mention that they get a passive "tank" skill in the form of reduced critical damage, poison immunity and are the only race that can shrug off Interference for the most part.

Long story short, their advantages heavily outweight their disadvantages and it seems logical to me from an IC standpoint that an holy weapon, which works against possessed, works against them.

Re: Dullahans no weakness? - Snake - 10-14-2019

For a race that ignores Interference and significantly reduces Critical Damage? I'm very sure they are worth a Holy weakness, if any are attributed.

Re: Dullahans no weakness? - Irene - 10-16-2019

God Yes, Dullahans are in serious need for nerfs and/or changes. Insane immunities, insane base stats and point efficiency, insane 1v1 potential, insane teamfight potential.

There is really barely any weakness.

Re: Dullahans no weakness? - Autumn - 10-16-2019

I think that is a little bit of an exaggeration, their weakness was pre-GR when they'd run out of FP fairly quickly and often spend turns skipped, they need to have that power to make up for it (also they have the same base stats as everyone else, 40 total.)

A holy weakness is a good start, alternatively we could reel back on that previous weakness and make it so they don't gain nigh immunity to interference at high enough SAN, that'd cause the status to impact them again (Maybe 30 + Half SAN% Interference resistance.)

Re: Dullahans no weakness? - FaeLenx - 10-19-2019

The race that always wears a mayelia so they can heal and gain FP while getting 50% DR?

In a game of resource management, they get a free pass on most of it.

Re: Dullahans no weakness? - Autumn - 10-19-2019

FaeLenx post_id=38019 time=1571492878 user_id=2063 Wrote:The race that always wears a mayelia so they can heal and gain FP while getting 50% DR?

In a game of resource management, they get a free pass on most of it.

Soul Burn's stun doesn't grant you stun's DR and Mayelia is a remnant of pre-GR where the 15% HP Regen was actually okay, because defense wasn't percentage based and HP was about only less than half of what it is now.

Re: Dullahans no weakness? - WaifuApple - 10-20-2019

If we're talking about dullahans needing a bit of nerf, I'd also gesture to the ease in which they can get invocations off when in soul rage - within the space of an entire turn, they can chant and cast a spell with ease, and counterplay can be somewhat difficult. My suggestion would be to make a raging dullahan unable to start invocations.

Re: Dullahans no weakness? - Autumn - 10-23-2019

the main issue with dullahans is mostly Invocations and Mayelia sustaining them a little hard, them being disabled from using potions on themselves is actually pretty dang huge, its the momentum of Soul Rage that sets them aside from the rest that don't use this skill.

Re: Dullahans no weakness? - Lolzytripd - 10-24-2019

Yeah...imagine a world where dullahans could yolo 5m large potions and still do stuff

Re: Dullahans no weakness? - Shujin - 10-28-2019

Though unlike vampires they still can be healed, so they are devastating in teams fights with a healer in it. Even more since they have an interference immunity. Situationally thats better than potions.

While I agree that many of the mentioned things like poison being a pretty oppresive Status in and on itself, to stupid levels with Hexer, I still don't think a weakness to holy "Cripples" them as much as one might assume. They are the lucky guys that get a Crit damage reduction, which heavily lowers the max potential of a holy crit attack (multi on multis hurt), that vampires can suffer from. So they will still always be better off than Vampys, I believe.

Anyway one more time Listing their cons and pros:

Pros:
-Poison Immunity
-Reduced Crit damage based on San
-Interference immunity/resist based on San
-heavy burst strategies with Soul Rages momentum boost (might cost HP, yes but its more than worth it to be able to instant cast invocations for example, or CM spells.)
-All Armor is heavy Armor (Is a bit of a double edged sword)
-Selfsustaining FP as they never truly run out. (exchange for 1 turn stun)

Cons:
-Can't drink Healing potions (I never actually tested other potions on them, I just assume they don't work)
- -1 move
- Stun themself for a turn when they run out of FP (Can be turned into an advantage though with Mayelia)
- All armor is heavy armor (Again, double edged sword but using it right usually is an advantage)

I don't really want to nerf all other things, just so this race doesn't get a holy weakness (Which is logical lorewise that they owuld have it.) Nor do I want to take its "Burst Berserker" status away, as its part of its identity, but they certainly could need some more counterplay options.