NEUS Projects
Dual-chanting! - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Dual-chanting! (/showthread.php?tid=6780)

Pages: 1 2

Dual-chanting! - Autumn - 03-23-2020

An incredibly cool feature would be the ability to host 2 enchants utilizing the familiars, say if you're already enchanted with nerhaven, and you use Elemental Force (Lightning), you'd have both Nerhaven and Redgull active at the same time.

We've been shown with Steal that multi-elemental attacks can function properly.(I've tested using a Blazing/Forked shinken)

And given that Elemental Forces last a short amount of time it gives this sort of burst window for them to be used anyways.

It would add a lot to roleplay in combat in my opinion but I could also see why it could potentially be an issue balance wise too, so I'd like to gather opinions on something like this as well.

So what I'm asking for is the ability to host multiple enchants using specifically the Elemental Force enchant buffs, and removing their restriction to be able to apply their enchants while enchanted already.

Re: Dual-chanting! - Fern - 03-23-2020

This should be a thing, and only for the Elemental Forces/Steal in my opinion. As in, badges shouldn't count towards it. I mean, you're already sacrificing an accessory slot for a temporary minor enchant with a 3 round CD...

Though, this would be cool. Give anime moments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Dual-chanting! - K Peculier - 03-23-2020

Yes. I want the best and only reason to have two familiars up.

Re: Dual-chanting! - Miller - 03-23-2020

I don't see why not; it'd be pretty cool to have this implemented. I personally don't see an issue with allowing it to function with a badge though, given you're giving up two accessory slots to pull something like this off, but I'm fine with either direction.

Re: Dual-chanting! - Shujin - 03-24-2020

I was trying the same thing before, considering the short duration of the Familiar and the otherwise loss of an item slot, I think that would be really cool and make them really worth considering.

Re: Dual-chanting! - Fern - 03-27-2020

The reason I thought badges shouldn't work is because otherwise there's little to no reason to use Ele Forces. While I don't mind the idea of badges working in combination, I think that if it were to work that way it would make the Ele Forces far less special too. And to my understanding the whole point of the thread is to give Ele Forces a reason to use them, so...

What I'm mostly referring to is the idea of two badges equipped activating the combo effect and how it'd make the Elemental Forces even less appealing (at least in my eyes).

Although I'm not heavily against either route. Just my two cents.

Re: Dual-chanting! - Autumn - 03-27-2020

Yeah I'm mostly just referring to the enchants here, controlling it to only be affected by enchants in that regard is also fine.

I will say that dual-chanting doesn't produce any unreasonable effects either, say if you combine lightning + earth, you don't get 3 seeking shinkens that can crit, you get 1 seeking shinken from the front and 2 forked shinkens on the side, only the forked shinkens can crit.

I'm trying to imagine it from a roleplay perspective as well, such as an onigan Kensei who is wind and earth themed to resemble a sandstorm, or an elementalist toying with Fire + Ice for an Antipode. More combinations mean more creativity to spare.

Re: Dual-chanting! - Miller - 03-27-2020

Oh, my bad. I was personally thinking of Ele Force + Badge when I posted. (Which I think would be fine.)

Re: Dual-chanting! - MakeshiftWalrus - 03-28-2020

I can already smell the Talvyd thunderhooves cheese.

I think it would be a cool idea, but at the same time, I don't think we should allow the above-mentioned scenario.

Re: Dual-chanting! - Senna - 03-28-2020

This sounds cool but I can see it being abused easily lol.

Nothing will really stop people from running some really disgusting combination. It would be better if he just increase the duration of the items from 1 to 2 and let them over right others active enchantment until it ends.

I rather not have to deal with some Wind + Lighting crit situation or Wind + Earth seeking that might never end.