NEUS Projects
Regalia of the fundamental essence. - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Regalia of the fundamental essence. (/showthread.php?tid=6956)

Regalia of the fundamental essence. - HexGirlBestGirl - 06-07-2020

I want to Item Regalia keys. For event purposes. Keep the functionality, but change in name. Although, that made me realize.

There's really not much we can regalia overall in that regard. Chests? Maybe potions even? Know how you drink a potion out of battle and the little icon appears above your head? Why can't I Regalia that or something?

So this is a formal request to allow for the following things to be allowed to be affected by Item Regalias:

Books.
Keys.
Potions.
Golden Lockpick

If any more come up that'd be relevant and noteworthy that can't just be emulated by regaliaing an item on an item mount already, do tell. Here's my reasoning for each.

Books: Not all are created equal. Nor are they all red. It helps players be able to remember what their personal journals or important books and what have you looked like without having to write a note on the first page or something. Especially if someone else finds it or gets handed it. That's just a hassle. If we got the big boy patrions, why not just allow it to be recolored or re-iconned?

Keys: I wanted to make it so keys played a huge part in an event I was considering potentially. This means that keys would be handed out or found around the place. However, what if I want the functionality of a key but not the appearance of one? Imagine if someone gave you like...i'unno. That one orb or whatever you needed in Pokemon Platinum to open that one door or whatever. Imagine if that was just a KEY INSTEAD, despite being an ORB VISUALLY? IMAGINE THAT. YEAH.

It bothers me too.

Potions: What if I want to drink a vial or something and have it a different color and look cooler? Y'know?

Golden Lockpick: What if I unironically want to make it so i'm using some kind of special mech tools or my fists or a special thematic key or something to assist with it? Not all lockpicks are created equal man.

NOW! Gotta address the obvious. "But how do we implement this without easily losing access to it or it being exploitable?"

After all, keys are connected to doors. Door gone, key useless.
Books would be separate items already so no issue there. Regalia one book, and treat it well.
Potions are stackable items. What if you don't want every potion nor a singular potion to be regalia'd?
Golden Lockpicks are an iffy one. No idea there.

So, the solutions are a bit simple. For keys, just make it to that For each Item Regalia used on a key, you store the icon used and can swap them freely within this menu for any key in your inventory. That way, we can have a mass amount of key choices as long as we consume the proper item regalias without having to overly spend item regalias per keys if we want tons of them. Make it so that it binds to your key more than anything. So if you decide to give them away or sell them for whatever reasons, other players can't utilize it.

For potions, do the same thing as with keys. Naturally, the same for binding it to your key. People sell potions a lot. I'd pay more average murai for a sick custom looking potion and description. Of course, the potion'll not have a modifiable effect or anything so that'll always display.

Either way. That's all. Please support my powerful thread. Thanks.