NEUS Projects
Life Drain effects - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Life Drain effects (/showthread.php?tid=7281)

Pages: 1 2

Life Drain effects - Autumn - 09-28-2020

Currently Life Drain effects are extremely cheesy and can be used to bypass certain barriers or hurdles to a fight such as immortality/black barrier/last chance, all of this could be simply solved by making it so that life drain effects cannot reduce a target past 0 HP I feel, thank you.

RE: Life Drain effects - HexGirlBestGirl - 09-28-2020

Just make it so that Last Chance can eat up one life drain to 0 HP. Same as with any on-hit or whatever comes its way. Yeah, sure.

Black Barrier is a weird one but personally the life drain can stay there for all I care or go.

No idea what Immortality is, sounds like some custom mob shenanigans. Me no care for that.

I'm more concerned about how you can still get HP from a dead corpse (via being a confused vampire and sucking a dead ally or enemy or just sucking a dead enemy in PvP in general.) despite them being dead.

Let's change that instead.

RE: Life Drain effects - Lolzytripd - 10-03-2020

(09-28-2020, 11:21 AM)HexGirlBestGirl Wrote: Just make it so that Last Chance can eat up one life drain to 0 HP. Same as with any on-hit or whatever comes its way. Yeah, sure.

Black Barrier is a weird one but personally the life drain can stay there for all I care or go.

No idea what Immortality is, sounds like some custom mob shenanigans. Me no care for that.

I'm more concerned about how you can still get HP from a dead corpse (via being a confused vampire and sucking a dead ally or enemy or just sucking a dead enemy in PvP in general.) despite them being dead.

Let's change that instead.

I feel like two mandatory arguements are required here, in pvp 0hp is not automatically dead, its unconscious, also even if dead, dead bodies have blood still so it would make sense that a vampire could drink from a downed enemy.

RE: Life Drain effects - Perdition - 10-03-2020

Life Drain isn't based on blood, it's based on focus. Blood is just the vessel for the focus that's being drained. Unconscious and at 0 HP the person wouldn't have any usable focus. Even then, life drain should be a 1:1 conversion of damage to HP. You can't do damage to someone with 0 HP, yet you can drain the damage value of your life drain? It makes no sense any way you cut it. I say this as someone who uses life drain quite a lot, too.

RE: Life Drain effects - Autumn - 10-03-2020

I just figure that making it so that you cannot drain a target past 1HP is the simplest, most effective way to handle its abuse cases.

RE: Life Drain effects - Neus - 10-09-2020

I feel like perhaps it would be better to make it protection-ignoring Dark bonus damage instead, for various edge cases. Thoughts?

RE: Life Drain effects - Fern - 10-09-2020

Personally, I don't think Life Drain to be a problem due to the reason that only extremely specific builds tend to make it oppressive (usually the high level Charm build, normally done with the Lovely Face trait.)

Other than that, it feels and seems just okay? I think it would be better to make it so you can't Life Drain 0 HP people and gain the full heal from it.

I.E I have 50 WIL, life drain someone with 0 HP left and get 50 HP.

I'd rather it just not drain excess HP in general, to be honest.

RE: Life Drain effects - Autumn - 10-09-2020

(10-09-2020, 04:53 PM)Neus Wrote: I feel like perhaps it would be better to make it protection-ignoring Dark bonus damage instead, for various edge cases. Thoughts?

I feel as though the numbers might have to be tweaked a bit given that dark res and global DRs exist but I could at least see it being a thing.

(10-09-2020, 08:05 PM)Fern Wrote: Personally, I don't think Life Drain to be a problem due to the reason that only extremely specific builds tend to make it oppressive (usually the high level Charm build, normally done with the Lovely Face trait.)

Other than that, it feels and seems just okay? I think it would be better to make it so you can't Life Drain 0 HP people and gain the full heal from it.

I.E I have 50 WIL, life drain someone with 0 HP left and get 50 HP.

I'd rather it just not drain excess HP in general, to be honest.

The issue here is that it doesn't fix the issues presented in the original post, in that it can ignore death-saving abilities such as last chance and certain boss mechanics like Black Barrier, Immortality, Feathered Serpent's passive.

I think that it can even sorta target corpses is a bit of a bug regarding that you're not supposed to be able to do anything to unconscious people in a fight to begin with.

RE: Life Drain effects - Fern - 10-09-2020

I tested Immortality (Fake) and Grace of the Serpent God with Karidan since he was concerned about future mobs possibly getting cheesed. It turns out that Life Drain cannot kill someone past 1 HP if they have Immortality (Fake) or Grace of the Serpent God.
[Image: d3sWwoX.png]
[Image: vKNWUVX.png]
[Image: X8lGK6Z.png]

Couldn't test Black Barrier. It might be possible to make it so Black Barrier won't let the unit drop past 1 HP, preventing Life Draining effects such as the skill itself and Vampiric Legume from killing it.

The reason I'm against the idea of nerfing Life Drain to become protection ignoring dark damage is because external DRs and dark resist, as mentioned, will mitigate it to the point people will not want to use it most of the time. If it was somehow made to ignore both of them, I wouldn't mind, personally. If that's not possible though... well, I don't think that'd play out well.

RE: Life Drain effects - Autumn - 10-10-2020

Its good that it doesn't occur vs Immortality and the Feathered Serpent's passive then, I could have tested the latter of which myself but I was under the assumption it worked the same as Black Barrier did.

I've personally tested it with black barrier and reduced the necromancer to 0 HP myself, I'd be appreciative if that and last chance could function this way, hell I would be fine with Last Chance being changed in a similar vein.