NEUS Projects
DH Call Toggle - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: DH Call Toggle (/showthread.php?tid=7286)

DH Call Toggle - WaifuApple - 09-29-2020

With the fact that they have distinct animations, and with chat now displaying messages on what you use when you use it, I think it would be a nice addition for those who want to use Demon Hunter, but can't make sense of it randomly calling out words like "Reaver" of "Cobra" to:

Have a toggle you can switch on and off to determine whether your character is going to call those words out when stance changing. It allows for the class to fit in a little more with the IC of some people, rather than sticking out like a sore thumb.

I don't think this would cause any balance concerns since you'll still have all the info you need to determine that they used a stance, so I don't see much of a reason why this couldn't be good QoL.

RE: DH Call Toggle - HexGirlBestGirl - 09-29-2020

(09-29-2020, 02:54 PM)WaifuApple Wrote: With the fact that they have distinct animations, and with chat now displaying messages on what you use when you use it, I think it would be a nice addition for those who want to use Demon Hunter, but can't make sense of it randomly calling out words like "Reaver" of "Cobra" to:

Old chat actually doesn't display what people did unlike New Chat. Many still use Old Chat, so that'd be one thing to consider.

(09-29-2020, 02:54 PM)WaifuApple Wrote: Have a toggle you can switch on and off to determine whether your character is going to call those words out when stance changing. It allows for the class to fit in a little more with the IC of some people, rather than sticking out like a sore thumb.

In the memetastic words of Dev himself at some point and time.

[Image: unknown.png]

If the Story Quests are all Non-Canon to the advent line of RP to the players, doesn't this technically mean that so is Demon Hunter stuff? Personally, I don't even think we have enough info to determine how this would affect IC or if it's something super strict or whatever.

But. Personally, i'd don't remove it solely since it'd turn into one of the following three things:

One: Use New Chat in order to determine which stance was turned to.

Two: Turn the stance into a status effect which gets hidden with Mask of Metal/Mysterious anyway.

Three: Pay super close attention and get severely punished if you remotely blink and they don't do anything blatant to indicate the stance they're in.

So I suggest adding some form of lingering permanent effect/overlay that's visible through staring at the sprite of another player in order to determine which stance they're in rather than forcing any of the above three methods or just allowing it to be toggled.

I've unironically won many fights from people forgetting which stance I was in and most of those, that was the sole reason I won. Clutter the battle logs enough and people won't even be able to backtrack lul

That's my take on it.

RE: DH Call Toggle - Miller - 09-30-2020

Keep in mind that a recent update added which skills were used to the text log.

I don't see any issues with being able to turn it off myself.