NEUS Projects
Tactician Suggestions - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Tactician Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=732)

Pages: 1 2

Tactician Suggestions - Trexmaster - 02-09-2015

[Tactician]

Always Learning
Both victories and defeats are important to learn from. For victories, you can learn strengths, and from defeats, you can learn flaws. The Tactician knows this well and passes that onto his allies, increasing Experience Point gains for them by 10% per rank.
Rank 1: Learn skill

*Always Learning
Both victories and defeats are important to learn from. For victories, you can learn strengths, and from defeats, you can learn flaws. For every party member in the party, the tactician and their allies get 15% more exp person.
Rank 1: Learn skill

Note: The tactician gains 15% experience if they're alone. 60% experience in a full party.
Note: This cannot be stacked. 4 tacticians will only receive the 60% experience bonus.

According to Plan
The book just isn't for show. It holds detailed reports of a number of battles, information about the types of soil various places have, and other such valuable information. It shoots out magic, which a lot of people don't expect. Taking advantage of that will restore your FP based on Rank when you hit an enemy with a Tome weapon attack. The bonus is also increased based on your Tactics Rank.
Rank 1: 2 FP
Rank 2: 4 FP
Rank 3: 6 FP
Rank 4: 8 FP
Rank 5: 10 FP

*According to Plan
The book just isn't for show. It holds detailed reports of a number of battles, information about the types of soil various places have, and other such valuable information. It shoots out magic, which a lot of people don't expect. Taking advantage of that will drain the target's FP and restore your FP based on Rank when you hit an enemy with a Tome weapon attack. The bonus is also increased based on your Tactics Rank.
Rank 1: 2 FP
Rank 2: 4 FP
Rank 3: 6 FP
Rank 4: 8 FP
Rank 5: 10 FP

Timely Withdrawl
Sometimes it's best to know when to go. A retreat is a much less costly strategic move than a defeat. When escaping from battle, the success rate is increased by 20% for every player character's HP that is at or below 25%. If at Tactics Rank S or higher, the success rate becomes 100%.
Rank 1: Learn Skill

*Timely Withdrawal
Sometimes it's best to know when to go. A retreat is a much less costly strategic move than a defeat. When escaping from battle, the success rate is increased by 20% for every player character's HP that is at or below 25%. If at Tactics Rank S or higher, the success rate becomes 100%. If all allies are within 6 squares of the tactician, then fleeing is possible.

On My Mark
Toggle skill. While toggled on, your party members wait for your command, letting you take your turn(s) before they do. After all, solders need their orders before they can carry them out.
Rank 2: Equipping this skill does not take up a Skill Pool slot.

*On My Mark
Toggle skill. While toggled on, your party members wait for your command, letting you take your turn(s) before they do. After all, solders need their orders before they can carry them out. The tactician is also considered the party leader in the battle, allowing them to also order retreats.
Rank 2: Equipping this skill does not take up a Skill Pool slot.

Performance Rating
Tacticians are only as good as their tactics. In battle, a gauge will appear in the bottom left, displaying a letter ranking from D to SSS, known as your Tactics Rank. Some Tactician skills will be influenced by your Tactics Rank. Your Tactics Rank increases in different ways when you use Tactician skills. It will be reset to D if an ally is reduced to 0 HP. It will also drop by 1 level every time you take damage (as long as that damage is greater than 5% of your maximum HP).
Rank 1: Learn Skill. (If you do not learn this skill, your TacticsRank will be stuck at D).

*Performance Rating
Tacticians are only as good as their tactics. In battle, a gauge will appear in the bottom left, displaying a letter ranking from D to SSS, known as your Tactics Rank. Some Tactician skills will be influenced by your Tactics Rank. Your Tactics Rank increases in different ways when you use Tactician skills. It will be lowered by two ranks per ally reduced to 0 HP, but also increased one rank per ally revived. It will also drop by 1 level every time you take damage (as long as that damage is greater than 25% of your maximum HP).
Rank 1: Learn Skill. (If you do not learn this skill, your TacticsRank will be stuck at D).

Field Medic
Sometimes, there is no time to move someone to a safer location. They need treatment then and there. Targets 1 ally within 1 range and heals them for Rank based HP + a bonus based on your Tactics Rank.
Rank 1: Learn Skill, 26 FP, Base Heal: 5
Rank 2: 24 FP, Base Heal: 10
Rank 3: 22 FP, Base Heal: 15
Rank 4: 20 FP, Base Heal: 20
Rank 5: 18 FP, Base Heal: 25. Can now revive incapacitated allies.

*Field Medic
Sometimes, there is no time to move someone to a safer location. They need treatment then and there. Targets 1 ally within 1 range and heals them for Rank based HP times a bonus based on your Tactics Rank. Equipping a tome halves the FP cost.
Rank 1: Learn Skill, 26 FP, Base Heal: 5
Rank 2: 24 FP, Base Heal: 10
Rank 3: 22 FP, Base Heal: 15
Rank 4: 20 FP, Base Heal: 20
Rank 5: 18 FP, Base Heal: 25. Can now revive incapacitated allies.

Alway's Learning as is, is mostly useless. It promotes nothing besides if you want to have a fast speedy levelign party, everyone has to be tacticians. Therefore, to atleast give it more oomph, it's 15% per player in the party. Up to a maximum of 60%. Thus promoting larger parties to grind with, the extra EXP compensating for the extra time it may take (if they aren't all rolling evokers/hexers.)

According to Plan, before was kind of lame. What's been done to it so far was to give it more of a 'leechy' feel. People never expect the spanish inqui- I mean. Your tome to shoot soil data at their face. It really ruins their ability to focus on you properly.

Timely Withdraw was kind of trash, but hey. Now it lets the Tactician flee from anywhere which fits a lot more with a withdrawal from anywhere so long as all allies are clustered there. Smoke Bombs ahoy.

On My Mark simply lets you act as team leader even if you aren't the one leading. Useful.

Performance Rating was just so hillariously bad before. Take anything above 5% of your HP? Minus a rank. If the target hits you multiple times? Minus a ton of ranks. At 400 HP, 5% of your HP is 20. A lot of multi-hit skills can utterly destroy a Tacticians rank from 7 back down to 1 with just 3 Momentum that took a lot of time to build up. Changing it to 25%, as well as getting rid of the complete failure to your rank should someone fall, but raise once more if they're resucciated. It's a fair trade.

Field Medic was subpar, the most it could be used for is a marginally better sal volatile (which heals 15. Field Medic can heal up to 32. Not a huge difference). 18 FP for a 25+(1 through 7) heal to someone that ressuciates them, not that great. So we changed it so that tactic ranks actually mattered to the skill as well as a tome.

Re: Tactician Suggestions - Ryu-Kazuki - 02-09-2015

I concur with pretty much everything except the Timely Withdrawal change. There's already been controversy in the past with party leaders sitting at the edge of the field while their allies fight just so they can escape last second just to protect the party from losing. Not a lot of people like the class currently, and this might give it more of a reason for people to want to play it.

Re: Tactician Suggestions - Jay - 02-09-2015

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4499#p4499 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:07 pm[/url]"]I concur with pretty much everything except the Timely Withdrawal change. There's already been controversy in the past with party leaders sitting at the edge of the field while their allies fight just so they can escape last second just to protect the party from losing. Not a lot of people like the class currently, and this might give it more of a reason for people to want to play it.

I'm not sure what one person sitting at the edge of a fight has to do with being able to flee anywhere if your allies are near you. If we're speaking from an IC perspective, a party that flees the battle would have ran from the premises and cannot stay. I've never heard of an issue, let alone controversy regarding that.

Anyway, I don't have much of a negative opinion since the suggestions and concepts were already collectively agreed upon. But that's subject to change if people raise points here.

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4500#p4500 Wrote:Jay » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:19 am[/url]"]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4499#p4499 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:07 pm[/url]"]I concur with pretty much everything except the Timely Withdrawal change. There's already been controversy in the past with party leaders sitting at the edge of the field while their allies fight just so they can escape last second just to protect the party from losing. Not a lot of people like the class currently, and this might give it more of a reason for people to want to play it.

I'm not sure what one person sitting at the edge of a fight has to do with being able to flee anywhere if your allies are near you. If we're speaking from an IC perspective, a party that flees the battle would have ran from the premises and cannot stay. I've never heard of an issue, let alone controversy regarding that.

Anyway, I don't have much of a negative opinion since the suggestions and concepts were already collectively agreed upon. But that's subject to change if people raise points here.

http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=665&hilit=Flee

Here you go sir, that was brought upon because of a situation in Law's End's Pub that I just described, I would know because I was in a call on Skype with the people who did that at the time.

Personally, I don't care what the circumstances are (unless it's the Custom Battle thing Dev mentioned and why you can flee anywhere in them, I can understand), you should not be able to flee mid-map. Especially not just because your party member is within range of you. That has no form of logic, is a very cheap tactic that just promotes people standing in that range for a quick, easy get away in case they start to lose, and promotes bad RP.

No thanks.

Re: Tactician Suggestions - Rendar - 02-09-2015

I'd see it being possible if a tactician were to do it with all his allies nearby as a "SMOKE BOMB" tactic.

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4501#p4501 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:31 pm[/url]"]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4500#p4500 Wrote:Jay » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:19 am[/url]"]

http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=665&hilit=Flee

Here you go sir, that was brought upon because of a situation in Law's End's Pub that I just described, I would know because I was in a call on Skype with the people who did that at the time.

Personally, I don't care what the circumstances are (unless it's the Custom Battle thing Dev mentioned and why you can flee anywhere in them, I can understand), you should not be able to flee mid-map. Especially not just because your party member is within range of you. That has no form of logic, is a very cheap tactic that just promotes people standing in that range for a quick, easy get away in case they start to lose, and promotes bad RP.

No thanks.

I don't see any real controversy. Bad RP is bad RP. It's much easier to have the fastest party member (or the tactician) stand at the edge, than have your tactician rally up everyone and call a retreat. That suggestion in particular looks like a PvE benefit for having a tactician in your party, and isn't close to as abuseable as you claim compared to what's already in place. In fact, the only benefit I see from this feature is PvE. Because again, if you have one person stand on the edge and flee, the whole party 'loses' and that's that. Not to forget that there are skills to keep those people off the edge. The illogical thing I can agree upon is one person fleeing accounts for the entire party. There's a number of fixes I can think of, but that's relevant in the topic you posted.

But the suggestion is saying you can flee as long as they're within 6 squares of you, no matter where you are, not forcing you to be at the edge of the map, and that's why I don't agree. If it's not saying that, it's not being represented clearly.

Yes, you need all three people to be within six squares of you for a chance to flee. I can see the distance diminishing to about.. 3 squares? But other than that, one person dashing to an edge is much easier than compiling a group that becomes vulnerable.

And what happens in the event you're in a party of two?

You can read. Also, if you have a -better- suggestion, that's more beneficial than flooding.