NEUS Projects
Custom tomes nerf thread - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Custom tomes nerf thread (/showthread.php?tid=7593)

Pages: 1 2

Custom tomes nerf thread - Shujin - 01-09-2021

Its time!

I am not even going to explain this much, people know its true.

All custom tomes need their total scaling reduced to 100% total.

Tomes with defensive stats in it need the defensive part be halved and added to the will part Or entriely removed. No more best of both world shenanigans. (Def, Res, Vit and maybe San are waht I consider defensive stats. Cel gets a pass in my book.) Aka 75%Wil 25% defensive stat scaling.

Seeds are good enough to justify 100% scaling. Nothing can justify full hybrid defense scalings. Ever.

RE: Custom tomes nerf thread - K Peculier - 01-09-2021

Honestly I'm not sure how they managed to survive this long without a nerf thread. I don't think even just the defensive stats is enough, literally all of them need to be the toned down the same with how crazy the perfect seed setup for some elements are. (Fire, Ice, Lightning)

(Custom Swords when? Sword Legends 2.)

RE: Custom tomes nerf thread - Autumn - 01-09-2021

The offender of the custom tomes is mostly the damaging seeds, and not really the stats associated to the actual tome, its 5 power and 9* so it gets less SWA than other tomes comparatively, and now Tali staves also exist to compete with them pretty well.

More specifically, its not Lord/Dragon seeds, but rather 2 specific seeds that stand out from the rest, those being of the Baron/Noble variety, given they ignore M.Armor and Protection respectively.

RE: Custom tomes nerf thread - Shujin - 01-09-2021

ah right they need to be nerfed too. None that have defensive scalings deserve a even split in 120% total scaling. Its a huge part in why fat mages are so effective.

I am fine with the seeds staying to be honest, aslong as you tune the scaling down. But they most certainly can't keep both. as I said in another thread. I am fine with tri split scaling tomes to reach 120% total. duosplit is really pushing it and flat out unreasonable if they scale of defensive stats, imo.

Magic became quite effective with all its new tools and the idol hand slot.

P.S.
Sorry Megablues =/

RE: Custom tomes nerf thread - FatherCrixius - 01-09-2021

yeah please

RE: Custom tomes nerf thread - Snake - 01-10-2021

And then people look at me with a sneer when I say silence nerfs were unwarranted.

+1

RE: Custom tomes nerf thread - Shujin - 01-10-2021

(01-10-2021, 01:36 AM)Snake Wrote: And then people look at me with a sneer when I say silence nerfs were unwarranted.

+1
Dodgy *Sneer intensifies*

RE: Custom tomes nerf thread - Neus - 01-29-2021

I've adjusted the scaling of the tomes to 50%/50%. I debated nerfing some of the seeds instead but figured this was the simplest change. If they need adjustments in the future I'll look back into that possibility.

RE: Custom tomes nerf thread - Miller - 01-29-2021

Given that spells and custom tome spells tend to scale mostly on elemental attack, I'm not sure if that'll change much of the current issue which was currently stated before, but we'll see.

Baron/Noble seeds are way too reliable, notably the Baron seed as it ignores protection which puts it on even grounds with medium seeds against higher resistance stats, even outperforming the wild variant in a lot of scenarios.

RE: Custom tomes nerf thread - Autumn - 01-29-2021

(01-29-2021, 06:14 PM)Miller Wrote: Given that spells and custom tome spells tend to scale mostly on elemental attack, I'm not sure if that'll change much of the current issue which was currently stated before, but we'll see.

Baron/Noble seeds are way too reliable, notably the Baron seed as it ignores protection which puts it on even grounds with medium seeds against higher resistance stats, even outperforming the wild variant in a lot of scenarios.
Its pretty much this, the Baron seed in particular is the issue of the damaging seeds, if the scaling is nerfed to 50/50 I would miss the SWA personally but I only used the tome I use because of Knockdown/ice tick damage/skill slots anyways.