NEUS Projects
Charm Change? - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Charm Change? (/showthread.php?tid=810)

Pages: 1 2

Charm Change? - Neus - 02-21-2015

Since charm is a bit of a controversial status, would it be better if the effect were as follows instead? Obviously effects that inflict Charm would be looked over if this change happened.
  • Charm reduces damage by the victim to the causer by LV%. (Essentially a reversed Hunted.)
  • While charmed and within 1 Range of the causer when the causer is attacked, the victim may throw themselves in front of the attack. (Essentially a forced Protect.)
  • Taking damage from the causer while charmed will reduce the status duration by 1.

Thoughts? The last two already occur, so it's the main functionality that changes.

Re: Charm Change? - Lolzytripd - 02-21-2015

Sounds better

Re: Charm Change? - Ryu-Kazuki - 02-21-2015

As long as it finally get fixed in PvE situations, sure. But because of that bug in place, it's not really effective in PvE unless the enemies are exactly within 3 levels of you; this includes if they're lower level, they ignore it completely.

But all in all, sure why not? Although if it happens, can at the very least, the level for Papilions' charm increase, because right now it's only lv 2 or 3, which is hardly a damage reduction. Maybe lv 6 for 6%?

Re: Charm Change? - Rendar - 02-21-2015

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4977#p4977 Wrote:Neus » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:48 pm[/url]"]Since charm is a bit of a controversial status, would it be better if the effect were as follows instead? Obviously effects that inflict Charm would be looked over if this change happened.
  • Charm reduces damage by the victim to the causer by LV%. (Essentially a reversed Hunted.)
  • While charmed and within 1 Range of the causer when the causer is attacked, the victim may throw themselves in front of the attack. (Essentially a forced Protect.)
  • Taking damage from the causer while charmed will reduce the status duration by 1.

Thoughts? The last two already occur, so it's the main functionality that changes.

The forced Protect doesn't happen, so yeah.

If this does occur though and the victim can still attack their charmer, Protect needs to not proc whenever they attack. That has been an issue for a little bit now. My BK friend got charmed and attacked me, and accidentally ended up protecting me.. while attacking me... Which meant she just attacked herself. It was weird. Let's not have a repeat of that.

I'd also like to see that if the damage from an 'attack' exceeds 25% of your HP, it would break the charm immediately. 50% may be better, but I'd rather not get shiv'd and nearly die and still be googoo eyes over the person for the near-decapitation.

Re: Charm Change? - MegaBlues - 02-21-2015

I think that having all of those effects at once would still be a little overpowering.

All status effects in the game do one thing, sans Burn (which deals elemental damage so shrugsies). Knockdown decreases momentum. Hunted increases damage taken. Fear decreases hit.

Let's keep Charm in line with that, and choose one thing for it to do, instead of three. Personally, I'm partial to the decreased damage taken. Though if it becomes this, it should still be a fairly uncommon status effect, or be given more ways to cure it.

Re: Charm Change? - Ryu-Kazuki - 02-21-2015

Blues, I just wanted to clarify that you understand that the third "effect" is more of as means of getting rid of the status, than the status doing anything. Not calling you out, just trying to make sure you understand that it's not a benefit at all. It's the charmer curing it slightly by 1 round for every time they attack you, so a 2 round charm would be over if they attacked you once during a round.

But anyway like Sderg said, currently charmed enemies don't throw themselves in front of you to Protect you, so that's most likely a bug (I'll be testing it shortly before I leave the house to confirm it).

I'm pretty much for the reversed Hunted, so long as like I said, the bug where PvE enemies lower level than 3 levels from you ignore it completely gets fixed (I posted that recently with a gif, screenshot, and some logs; "Get that charm out of here" latest post from me, just so you know where to find it), and as long as the lv for basic charms (like Butterflies and all) gets increased a bit, since 2 - 3% is barely that much of a reduction at all.

Re: Charm Change? - Blissey - 02-21-2015

I think this change would be much fairer.

Re: Charm Change? - Neus - 02-21-2015

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4982#p4982 Wrote:MegaBlues » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:14 pm[/url]"]I think that having all of those effects at once would still be a little overpowering.

All status effects in the game do one thing, sans Burn (which deals elemental damage so shrugsies). Knockdown decreases momentum. Hunted increases damage taken. Fear decreases hit.

Let's keep Charm in line with that, and choose one thing for it to do, instead of three. Personally, I'm partial to the decreased damage taken. Though if it becomes this, it should still be a fairly uncommon status effect, or be given more ways to cure it.

Burn doesn't only deal damage, it also negates bonuses to Defense. Not to mention the idea that we shouldn't do something because nothing else does it already is a pointless argument.

Re: Charm Change? - Rockabye - 02-22-2015

I think this is a reasonable change. Then maybe we can have the heart weapons back! *crickets* ...Worth a shot.

Re: Charm Change? - Sarinpa1 - 02-22-2015

I am all for this change. Seems a still nasty effect I'd be very eager to avoid getting inflicted on me, but not fightbreaking as it was before. To add, it removes the "Can't attack, time to run around and buff until charm runs out" despite the fact it doesn't make any sense at all icly. (Probably)
And getting a swarm of butterflies on me when I'm equipped with riposte won't ruin the fight for me either. Just make it awfuly hard.

yeaaah

sarin likey