NEUS Projects
Exu.. GALIFA! - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Exu.. GALIFA! (/showthread.php?tid=817)

Pages: 1 2 3

Exu.. GALIFA! - Soapy - 02-23-2015

So, Exgalfa kinda sucks in most situations.
Exgalfa would kinda suck even without Fire being the easiest element to reduce/nullify.
Instead of the current:
Quote:Every fireball has an even chance of dealing plus or minus 2*Rank extra damage. This chance is improved with LUC, however.
How about something like:
Quote:Every fireball deals a random amount of increased damage based on Rank. This damage improved with LUC, however.
Starting at 1d6, so Rank 5 would be 1d10, meaning a max of 60 extra damage total. LUC would be able to boost rolls lower than 10.

Also, Overload still needs a nerf to only 3-4 bonus damage per point.

This was in an actual fight, without Charge Mind.
Quote:Affluent Alchemist's turn.
Breezy Individual takes 654 Lightning damage.

Re: Exu.. GALIFA! - Rendar - 02-23-2015

Doesn't Breezy Individual, AKA Fern, usually run Dragon Install? Which as a mech gives.

Let's see.

stat change + 5 + 3 to all stats aside from vit or something?

I mean, she usually runs a Seiryuu Install with the drag-bros.

From 56 To 130
[Image: ec22cff33e.jpg] [Image: 0c307e0ecd.jpg]

It more than multiplied my extra stats by 2x. That's kind of insane. If you get an overload whenever you install, you deserve to die. Especially whenever you Seiryuu Install for 74 extra stats.

130*5 is 650 without ANY stats involved whatsoever. Yes, overload is bullshit, but currently so is Seiryuu install. If you Seiryuu Install, you should take the penalties of getting your face WRECKED by overload. I am for 'overload getting nerfed' but the numbers you provided were from a mechanation, probably with the maximum 'stat' output they could possibly get. Wheelie is tanky, after all. So while I'll say that your numbers are off severely at best, try to get something more believable.

Most character will have 30 extra stat points, that's 150 damage extra, not counting greaper/tome pwr/will/res/resistance. Overload's are survivable, but nerfing their damage will make them the less metagame choice since it's the only obscene choice atm.

Re: Exu.. GALIFA! - Soapy - 02-23-2015

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5043#p5043 Wrote:Rendar » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:33 am[/url]"]So while I'll say that your numbers are off severely at best, try to get something more believable.
No, she wasn't using install, and no, that's not even the point.

You shouldn't be able to do that much damage in 6 momentum, period.

I also got hit for a ~750 damage Overload without any active stat boosts, with fortune feather. Again in an actual fight, though it was CM'd.

Re: Exu.. GALIFA! - Blissey - 02-23-2015

I agree with Soapy. We need an improvement for Exgalfa, and Overload just. . . Overload just shouldn't exist.

Re: Exu.. GALIFA! - Chaos - 02-23-2015

Not sure about Exgalfa. Overlord's effect really needs to be hampered to +2-3 damage per stat boost, but I think we should start having effects based off the target's stat boosts show up in places that aren't just an Evoker Invocation. Even if it isn't flat-out '+damage lol'.

Re: Exu.. GALIFA! - Sarinpa1 - 02-23-2015

Overload down to +3, Exgalfa sure can use a boost. It's inferior to other invocs, aside from being a multihit. But that's rarely utilized.

Exgalfa is only good for going through Body of Isesip, Last Chance and Body Guard.. which is admittedly a pretty good thing, but it's not like you'd rank it up more than once if that's what you were using it for. The suggested buff is actually pretty minor.

Re: Exu.. GALIFA! - Rendar - 02-23-2015

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5037#p5037 Wrote:Soapy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:46 am[/url]"]This was in an actual fight, without Charge Mind.
Quote:Affluent Alchemist's turn.
Breezy Individual takes 654 Lightning damage.

She's a mech, yes. According to Fern they were Death Knighting... They also had 15% total lightning resist. +90 to all stats is 450 extra damage. Assuming they had the +30 most average people have that's atleast 600 damage.

That is .far. from normal or average damage. if you DK or Install, which you can do both of, you should be getting smacked for the death cannon. Reduce the scaling down to 5 points per and factor any stat boosts you have into a negative modifier. Balances out somewhere in there.

If you DK or Install, you die instantly.
If you don't DK or Install, you.. still take twice as much damage as any other invocation in the game.

I'm.. not entirely sure what makes you think this is okay? :|

Re: Exu.. GALIFA! - MegaBlues - 02-23-2015

Honestly, I think that Overload could be toned down to +4 damage per stat point, and the other invocations improved.

Overload was buffed to where it is because it was so worthless before.