NEUS Projects
Legacy material casting tools - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Legacy material casting tools (/showthread.php?tid=8309)

Pages: 1 2

Legacy material casting tools - Lolzytripd - 08-27-2021

The following metal materials should gain a similar effect to conduiz, allowing the casting of related element spells.
Metal

Magmic-Nerifian
Carapace-Huggesoan
Planetarium-Mercana
Galdric-Sylphid
Arctic&Coral- Aquarian
Rockdirt-Isespian

Wood
Firebark -Nerifian
Devilbark-Huggesoan
Windbark-Sylphid
Coldbark-Aquairan

Suggested new materials
Coral can be used as wood.
Thunderbark-Nature
Mossbark-Isespian
Holybark-Mercana

RE: Legacy material casting tools - Senna - 08-27-2021

"Devilbark-Huggesoan"

Rotwood does this already.

RE: Legacy material casting tools - Snake - 08-27-2021

Rotwood should be changed to Helldarkness, amirite.

...anyone?

RE: Legacy material casting tools - Lolzytripd - 08-27-2021

(08-27-2021, 08:24 PM)Senna Wrote: "Devilbark-Huggesoan"

Rotwood does this already.
Yes I know, but we already have the conundrum of Artic vs Coral for the Aquarian option

so why not both.

RE: Legacy material casting tools - Poruku - 08-28-2021

Having the ability to use a full strength weapon as a fire casting tool would be a little bit too strong. Honestly the only reason the conduiz isn't broken is because the element is a bit more awkward to build for. And honestly if this was implemented right now, we would barely need tomes anymore. Weapons have the superior hit buffs so they are quite favorable, but spelledge weapons are held back by subpar scaling. There is of course mutated weapons, especially excel hasta, which are just super strong, but this imo a bit too much casting tool flexibility

RE: Legacy material casting tools - Lolzytripd - 08-28-2021

(08-28-2021, 02:28 AM)Poruku Wrote: Having the ability to use a full strength weapon as a fire casting tool would be a little bit too strong. Honestly the only reason the conduiz isn't broken is because the element is a bit more awkward to build for. And honestly if this was implemented right now, we would barely need tomes anymore. Weapons have the superior hit buffs so they are quite favorable, but spelledge weapons are held back by subpar scaling. There is of course mutated weapons, especially excel hasta, which are just super strong, but this imo a bit too much casting tool flexibility
So I guess we should just remove these materials then...

If anything why don't you offer a constructive alternative. If you feel "it would be too strong" then how about spells cast from these materials suffer from half weapon power like tomes do with off elements, or cast with reduced amount of swa, say a reduction of 10 to 25% from the spells swa scaling.

Also one glaring thing you've missed is that Weapons that can cast still proc parry skills, which can chunk off a good portion of the damage.

My point is there's already a lot of ways to use different casting tools, and just because some ways exist doesn't mean it should become that simple. But honestly, I wouldn't mind adding those other elements. Since it's limited to one school I think it's actually decently balanced. It's a bit of a shame that wood weapons would get shafted though so if this ever passed it should probably apply to wood too.

Though it would seriously outclass something like the magical spelledge weapons. And the reaper and apertaurus affinities would become a lot less useful, so I feel those would need some compensation. It would probably change the meta in many ways too, which is hard to predict. So I just don't know how I feel about it. It's a big change, but I do think it's a good one

(08-28-2021, 04:41 AM)Poruku Wrote: My point is there's already a lot of ways to use different casting tools, and just because some ways exist doesn't mean it should become that simple. But honestly, I wouldn't mind adding those other elements. Since it's limited to one school I think it's actually decently balanced. It's a bit of a shame that wood weapons would get shafted though so if this ever passed it should probably apply to wood too.

Though it would seriously outclass something like the magical spelledge weapons. And the reaper and apertaurus affinities would become a lot less useful, so I feel those would need some compensation. It would probably change the meta in many ways too, which is hard to predict. So I just don't know how I feel about it. It's a big change, but I do think it's a good one
 The reaper/appertaurus is generally better since those give ALL domain spell casting and provide a ele attack bonus ontop of being plainly superior materials in their raw stats.

Spell edge could also benefit by being Fullcasting power compared to casting materials.

(08-28-2021, 04:41 AM)Poruku Wrote: Since it's limited to one school I think it's actually decently balanced
Most of the time you'd be happy with one element since you also have a powerful weapon that can be used normally for physical damage. I think it's cool balance to have it only one school, just makes each build more specific.

And since you can't use remains with it it automatically nerfs it. Now of only remains-level materials were available for wood and tomes...

(08-28-2021, 06:38 AM)Poruku Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 04:41 AM)Poruku Wrote: Since it's limited to one school I think it's actually decently balanced
Most of the time you'd be happy with one element since you also have a powerful weapon that can be used normally for physical damage. I think it's cool balance to have it only one school, just makes each build more specific.

And since you can't use remains with it it automatically nerfs it. Now of only remains-level materials were available for wood and tomes...
I've suggested that before for wood, It makes sense in fantasy to use bones and monster parts in bows, IRL primitive culture often incorporate parts of bones and sinew into bows anyway.