NEUS Projects
Magical Internet Powers - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Magical Internet Powers (/showthread.php?tid=867)

Pages: 1 2

Magical Internet Powers - Soapy - 03-07-2015

Quote:OOC Swift The Wraith: oh whut the reports isn't pda only?
OOC Swirlz of Death: nope
OOC Swift The Wraith: i never even bothered checking without a PDA
OOC Master of Many Faces: I think it should be, though
OOC Swift The Wraith: Agreed
OOC Swift The Wraith: I thought it was, all this time
OOC Master of Many Faces: Or at least, 'you must be at the terminal to access this'
OOC Swift The Wraith: Agreed
OOC Swirlz of Death: guess i'll go suggest it
OOC Master of Many Faces: Meaning PDAs make it an anywhere thing, and MAKES PDAS WORTH THE MONEY
OOC Swift The Wraith: I mean that means PDa only has a use until you finish the asagos

Seems like it'd be fair to only be able to get BDP reports remotely if you had a PDA.

Re: Magical Internet Powers - Ryu-Kazuki - 03-07-2015

I was part of the conversation; so my concurrence is apparent.

The Portable Kitchen, Smithy, Science Kit, and Mirrors are portable versions of their stations in game. Nobody uses laplace after they finish all the requests, so it makes it a little bit more of a reason for people to go there (and logically I don't see how an access card would be able to do all the fancy functions). So I think making the PDA an entirely portable laplace makes a lot more sense. It's not taking away from non-donors as much as it's making them get off their lazy asses and walking to Asago.

That being said, the PDA would also benefit from other laplace extensions later, like the weather thing in the other thread.

Re: Magical Internet Powers - Soapy - 03-07-2015

Agreed.

Re: Magical Internet Powers - MegaBlues - 03-07-2015

I think that IC mechanics like that shouldn't be tied to a donation item.

Re: Magical Internet Powers - Ryu-Kazuki - 03-08-2015

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5286#p5286 Wrote:MegaBlues » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:46 pm[/url]"]I think that IC mechanics like that shouldn't be tied to a donation item.

I agree in certain circumstances, but, the PDA is pretty much just a portable laplace. It's no different than a mirror, smithy, or anything else. And they all require you to go to a certain shop / NPC to use them. So it wouldn't hurt anything to make the PDA more useful this way.

All it'd do is make you required to go to Asasgo to use the terminal more often, or have a portable one aka, the PDA.

Re: Magical Internet Powers - MegaBlues - 03-08-2015

Having to go into a bank to check the day/time/weather seems a little extreme, considering that people would be doing that more frequently than they changed clothes, forged weapons, etc.

We don't mean all that, just things like BDP reports, weather, and extra features other than the homepage.

Re: Magical Internet Powers - Chaos - 03-08-2015

Just make LaplaceNET completely inaccessible outside of banks unless you have a PDA. Problem solved, more $$$ for Dev./sarcasm, maybe

That's basically the idea, and I don't see anything wrong with it. Nobody will have advantages over others except that PDAs let you access laplace (minus the homepage) anywhere.

Re: Magical Internet Powers - Ranylyn - 03-08-2015

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5300#p5300 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:10 pm[/url]"]That's basically the idea, and I don't see anything wrong with it. Nobody will have advantages over others except that PDAs let you access laplace (minus the homepage) anywhere.

"Huh. Did I kill enough of these enemies to complete this request? I sure miss being able to check my oracle card instead of leaving the dungeon, going to a main branch, checking, and going back! Man, what I wouldn't do to kick the people who suggested that one in the teeth, just to make the people who have a PDA feel more special!"

The PDA does indeed outlive it's usefulness eventually. However, given all the miniboss quests and how you can only accept 10 at a time without the PDA, and the ones that you run into basically being based on luck, the fact that the PDA lets you turn quests in from anywhere and accept 20 at once is amazing while the usefulness lasts. It can very easily take forever without the PDA. I don't think I've ever completed more than 25 on a single character, and I've been playing for about a year, now!

As for the BDP reports, I'd like to point out how inconvenient some Asago buildings can be to reach. For example, if you're just outside Dormeho, it's easier to go to Cellsvich's building than Dormeho's. Why does this matter? Unlike requests, the BDPs don't stick around all that long. Even with the oracle card showing the BDPs, I've had them vanish before I arrived. If you're making people go to Asago buildings every time, you may as well just remove BDP reports entirely and go back to manual scouting, since that'll be infinitely more reliable due to at least knowing the BDP is on your screen!

Dev has also mentioned, on the old forums, a plan to add more quests in the future, including random ones each day, to make the PDAs more worthwhile. This has clearly not happened YET, but it's important to keep in mind, as being able to track these remotely, especially if you have a time limit, would be important, while still giving purpose to the PDA.

I propose that we wait and see what happens with the new quests before we basically make the oracle card a watch/calendar.