NEUS Projects
Dark Nutty Imbue - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Dark Nutty Imbue (/showthread.php?tid=903)

Pages: 1 2

Dark Nutty Imbue - Rendar - 03-16-2015

Bat-winged Bishoujo attacks White Suited Gentleman with Little Red Axe (Bloodthirster) and hits them!
White Suited Gentleman takes 60 Slash damage.
Resist! White Suited Gentleman takes 9 Darkness damage.
Resist! White Suited Gentleman takes 4 Fire damage.

Dark Imbue deals 10 dark magic damage on a hit.

I have 25% Dark resist. 2 Carapace Materials, Sayakana, and the stamp.

It counts the RESIST! but not the Damage Reduction tied in with it.

This may be tied, in general, to DARK based damage and the materials/stamp giving pseudo-Resist. Dunno though because I have no one to test with.

Re: Dark Nutty Imbue - Neus - 03-16-2015

I imagine this happens because the other two are such small amounts of resistance that they are 0 of the 10 total, and the only resistance you're actually getting is the 10% of Sayakana, which is reducing the damage by 1. The question, then, is if this should be changed or not, so that resistance stacks as a total, rather than on an individual basis.

Re: Dark Nutty Imbue - Rendar - 03-16-2015

I... thought resistance stacked as a total already rather than on an individual basis. Does that mean resistance builds were losing stuff in the process of resists or something?

No, each resistance was applying to the original total individually, so it's like they worked as a total, except in cases like this where the effect it would have is less than 1.

Re: Dark Nutty Imbue - Rendar - 03-16-2015

Oh. So it worked as normal, except whenever the number was REALLLLLLLLLY small.

I think they should work in unison, simply for peace of mind, and so others don't go "that seems like a bug"

Re: Dark Nutty Imbue - Ranylyn - 03-16-2015

I am in agreement with Sderg. Normally it's not a massive issue, but when dealing with small numbers, it can be disorienting.

I also would like to suggest the same apply to regen effects like Stability, due to Stylish dungeons. You could have 2 effects giving +1 HP, and they'll both give 0 intstead half of 2, which is 1. Again, it's really small, but over the course of a long dungeon, it adds up.

Re: Dark Nutty Imbue - Ryu-Kazuki - 03-16-2015

I concur with the two above me.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5506#p5506 Wrote:Ranylyn ยป Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:31 pm[/url]"]I am in agreement with Sderg. Normally it's not a massive issue, but when dealing with small numbers, it can be disorienting.

I also would like to suggest the same apply to regen effects like Stability, due to Stylish dungeons. You could have 2 effects giving +1 HP, and they'll both give 0 intstead half of 2, which is 1. Again, it's really small, but over the course of a long dungeon, it adds up.

Not sure what you're talking about with Stability. Regen effects already add up into one big number before they apply or get halved due to Stylish effects.

Re: Dark Nutty Imbue - Mivereous - 03-16-2015

In the Battle Tab, it usually displays it as

-stuff before last turn-
X has recovered 1 HP. (imagine Stability)
X has recovered 32 HP. (imagine Legume Install)
X has recovered 4 HP. (imagine Glykin passive)
X has recovered 2 HP. (imagine Healing Glyph)
Y has recovered 1 HP. (imagine Player 2 Stability)
---ROUND 3---

Just made up numbers for that, but that's what it looks like in normal dungeons - haven't been in a Stylish one yet to see if it differs.

It adds it all up on the visual effect (like damage numbers do in consecutive hits), but displays seperate healing sources in this manner.

Re: Dark Nutty Imbue - Neus - 03-17-2015

Like I said, Stability applies as HP Regen, so you might be confusing one source of healing for a different one. Everything else is its own separate effect, and probably shouldn't stack in this manner regardless.