NEUS Projects
These Crits are too damn high - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: These Crits are too damn high (/showthread.php?tid=904)

These Crits are too damn high - Rendar - 03-16-2015

So even with Def being added to the crit formula, critting is still way to god damn common in PVP. Even with 60 Crit Evade from stats, someone > can still get an easy 94% crit on me. That... doesn't seem really fair at all. I had 28 FAI, 21 LUC, and 51 or so DEF.

1/2 FAI+LUC+1/2 DEF vs 1/2 SKI+1/2 LUC+Crit Modifiers.

LUC and SKI are easy stats to get, comparatively to... FAI/LUC/DEF. Namely because having a build wherein you have two of those stats, you generally sacrifice the third. I know my stats aren't the 'best' but... 94% crit is kind of ridiculous.

I vote that CRIT lose LUC scaling or it gets it at 1/4th. The defense addition to crit didn't make it do anything besides turn a number over 100% to .slightly below. 100%.

Re: These Crits are too damn high - Neus - 03-16-2015

Well, depending on what items (Berserker Shell comes to mind) they're using, this isn't exactly an issue.

Re: These Crits are too damn high - Rendar - 03-16-2015

Eh. That seems like it may have been the case, but still. Katana Nerds and Gun nerds crit kind of often.

Re: These Crits are too damn high - Sarinpa1 - 03-16-2015

So if I'm having a berseker shell, a build specificaly for crits, weapon with high crit, it's wrong for me to...actualy crit often.
And criticals are now just 1,5x damage, too. You also forget to account for the important defensive stat, that being celerity. Because if I can't hit you, I can't exactly crit you, now can I?

For your crits to actualy matter, you gotta have decent or good strength. If I build to have Str/ski/luck, I don't really have much manouvering ground to actualy get decent growths in other things, like defense stats. (Read : more than one)

I don't really see a problem.

Re: These Crits are too damn high - Sawrock - 03-16-2015

I think crit builds should still be able to crit. And keep in mind, there's things such as Lucky Amulets and player races that negate/lessen crits.

Re: These Crits are too damn high - Ranylyn - 03-16-2015

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5503#p5503 Wrote:Sarinpa1 ยป Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:10 am[/url]"]So if I'm having a berseker shell, a build specificaly for crits, weapon with high crit, it's wrong for me to...actualy crit often.
And criticals are now just 1,5x damage, too. You also forget to account for the important defensive stat, that being celerity. Because if I can't hit you, I can't exactly crit you, now can I?

For your crits to actualy matter, you gotta have decent or good strength. If I build to have Str/ski/luck, I don't really have much manouvering ground to actualy get decent growths in other things, like defense stats. (Read : more than one)

I don't really see a problem.

Exactly.

I have a Kensei/Ghost with a Masterwork Galdric Axe. 3 weight. So that's +20 Crit right there. And a Berserker Shell (which raises Axe crit as HP drops.) At high HP, my crit is nothing TOO special, but at low HP, I've gotten the crit as high as 194% in PVE. But the problem is... being that low on health is a death wish. Saying that it's not fair for this build to be able to crit things with high hit evade is like saying it's not fair for a summoner to summon, or for an Evoker to use a spell.

Re: These Crits are too damn high - Rendar - 03-16-2015

While building for crit is fine. Having.. 94% crit, or being able to crit above 80% of the time is still one of the "This is getting ridiculous" things. Admitedly, I did forget about Ghost Axes +20 for being under 5 weight.

Re: These Crits are too damn high - Sarinpa1 - 03-17-2015

From life of Sarinpa

Arbalest/Ghost

vorpal deadly ash hunting bow - 58% crit (finally putting the motherfucker I've been hoarding for years to use) keyshot +30% crit. Fitting form +20% crit.

Aproximately 60 ski and aproximately 10 luck

Proposed change wouldn't really touch me. And I'm a critbuild that crits quite often.
That's #1

#2 - Read second part of what I already posted before. Because posting it once appearantely isn't enough.

Re: These Crits are too damn high - Lolzytripd - 03-17-2015

high crit weapons normally have low power....(normally...fuck you rebellion on wo daos)

I think the problem is high crit weapons that can be rebelled for massive damage.