NEUS Projects
Dodge bad, part 69 - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Balance Fu (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Dodge bad, part 69 (/showthread.php?tid=9117)

Pages: 1 2

Dodge bad, part 69 - Snake - 07-17-2022

Can we have a Trait that's obtained on 50 base CEL called "Afterimage", which gives you a static 20% chance to turn any damage you take into a Glancing Blow?

Unoptimized dodge builds need a safety net like, badly.

RE: Dodge bad, part 69 - Lolzytripd - 07-17-2022

not sure how I feel

RE: Dodge bad, part 69 - Snake - 07-17-2022

I'm sure how I feel when I'm a dodge build yet my dodge amounts to a round 0 through a whole fight, be it to evade-ignoring things, or lacking dodge buffs on most class combos.

RE: Dodge bad, part 69 - JamOfBoy - 07-17-2022

not sure this is wise

RE: Dodge bad, part 69 - Miller - 07-19-2022

A frustrating mechanic made even more frustrating, I'll pass on that one.

Glancing Blows is absurdly potent for what it does and getting another +20% on top of the initial chance is just going to be the antithesis of fun if you're at a 60% hit rate or less.

RE: Dodge bad, part 69 - Dezark - 07-19-2022

Much as I understand the feeling and want behind this.. this is basically just giving what fortunite did before it nerf and I don't think that the best idea.

RE: Dodge bad, part 69 - Senna - 07-19-2022

Dodge only really needs more access to hit debuffs. Fear is the only real debuff they have so why not change the effect whereas it lowers someone's hit base on something, with something or something. Like if they proc glance/evade, it procs Afterimage lowers the hit victims by [number here] for [number here] rounds or until they got hit. Could move it from talent to enchantment as well.

Reverse magnetize.

RE: Dodge bad, part 69 - sadbot - 07-20-2022

This is a terrible idea, and I'm sick to death of repeating myself on this painful topic, so I'll just say this. Evade is overpowered because it gives you so much when it triggers that it can swing a game in one or two glances/evades. It's also completely useless because a good build can shut you down and make you never trigger evasion, while also deleting you due to you almost certainly being squishy as hell for going down the evade route. Evasion does too much and therefore must be balanced to be hard to trigger, which just makes it a frustrating and unreliable mechanic for both parties.

It's almost like it would be more enjoyable for everyone if it was changed in such a way that it wasn't so game warpingly powerful when triggered, but simultaneously isn't that hard to trigger in exchange. Y'know...Like it used to be.

RE: Dodge bad, part 69 - Shujin - 07-20-2022

Except that it was also 100% useless the way it used to be, cause even IF it triggered Tanks out DPSed them, even without Evasion ignore skills. Those were just added for good measure.

Soo while I agree with above posts in part, about how curret evade feels like...Reverting back without any changes is also not right.

RE: Dodge bad, part 69 - sadbot - 07-21-2022

Well, this is what I get for not elaborating I guess...

Yes, changes should obviously be made. My personal flavor of choice is keeping current evasion DR or maybe only slightly reducing it and reworking glancing blows a bit, but making autohits be autohits again and obviously stepping back the larger amount of evasion ignore and other obvious things surrounding the rework. Essentially, old evade system with much needed substantial buffs for evasion and it's DR.