Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quests & Requests
So I've noticed this for a while but Quests and Requests quickly lose their usefulness (at least in terms of experience) after the early game.

Simply fighting monsters will always yield better experience, which I do not think should be the case because:

A) Each can only be done once on a character.
B) Some of these tasks are a lot more difficult or time consuming than killing a group of monsters.
C) Save for certain rewards (i.e. stamps or unique items), they end up often being a waste of time compared to monsters and are thus disregarded.

So what should be done about it?

Well, the best solution in my mind would be to make the amount of experience you earn for a quest or request relative to your level, much like how other experience earning methods function nowadays. (Such as cleaning up damage.)

However, I feel these should be sizeable chunks, ideally relative to the time or effort needed.

E.g. Let's say something easy like talking to Michelle about repairing weapons would be either Level*25 EXP or 5% of your EXP needed for the next Level instead of 25 EXP but something more difficult like the fighting dungeon boss requests would be Level*1000 EXP or 50% of your EXP needed for the next Level instead of a 1000 EXP.

It may also be a nice idea to include more Quests and Requests specifically intended for high level characters.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
The amount of EXP you earn from a quest is relative to its level (you earn about 60% of the experience needed to level up for that level). Each quest has its own unique level currently (IE, one quest is level 2, one is level 3, and so on), but most of them are pretty low.
So...any chance for repeatables or just higher level ones?

The most EXP I recall seeing out of an LAplace request was like, 1000 (other than 'Idiot Test' which is 9,999. Still meh-worthy considering that's one level 40~ish fight for -99- arena fights, but, hey, look at the quest name).

Seriously, I want more options for levelling other than 'grind your brains out in a dungeon for 3 hours straight'. Having higher-level worthy quests would be awesome.