Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intelligent Discourse: Evoker
Here's a thread about everything wrong (and right) with the aforementioned class.

Please be civil, and avoid derailing the topic, as well as referring to the class in conjunction with other classes, as each class should be able to stand on its own.

(http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...8004#p8012, as this was recent enough for me to remember and bring back up.)

Potential Topics: FP Costs, Invocation breaking, invocations overall, elemental resistances, unresistable damage (or lack thereof), Elemental Overtime, Mind Charge, Silence, Telegraphs (tl;dr click the link)
I am going to refrain from commenting in these due to:

Quote:as well as referring to the class in conjunction with other classes, as each class should be able to stand on its own.

Multiclassing exists for a reason. A versatile class that works well with many classes is way more useful overall than one that only synergizes with one other class, and if a class IS dependant on another specific class to be good, that's worth bringing up and discussing. Omitting multiclassing is taking a far too narrow-minded approach to the discussion.

Do I believe every class should be able to stand on it's own? Oh, absolutely yes! But sometimes, a skill might seem useless to a monoclass of something, while the synergy that opens up with another class completely takes that skill to 11.
*loud burp*
Evokers simply in this meta don't have the damage they need. When you can charge mind and sear someone when you have around 70 total will and still only deal about 70 damage, there's a serious problem with resistances, Also the fact that because you're spreading your points thin if you go for a variety of spells, you're spending more fp and dealing less damage with your spells because of this, not to say they don't still get pretty rediculously strong. The main issue is how easy it is to get high resistances for all of evokers elements. If evoker is meant to deal high damage, let's have maybe a passive to ignore say 50% of elemental resist with evoker spells, that way it's not too strong, and resistances will still matter for the sake of not instantly dieing. maybe 25% even.