Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new point of view that might break the game
[Image: 0747aaf82e0f401c97dcb8f409d8c50e.png]

Can the area covered show your scaled stats? It's a hassle to be needing to check your real scaled stats against Jammers every time you're spending points.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Considering how much time this will save, and that a space is clearly there, I have no reason to disagree. While it does help out min-maxers, its not like not doing something like this will stop them.
[Image: g5VjMYf.png]
Its not like its very hard to discern your scaled stat anyways, this just makes the process about 5 steps easier, I welcome the change.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Considering:
1) It's not hard to gauge instinctively what your scaled stat will be if you know how the formula works. (A continually slowing climb and then top off at about 60 with around 90+ in the stat. [Astral Aegis, grant me buffs.])
2) We already get to see our scaled stats in battle.

I'm kind of neutral on the idea. I don't think it'll make any great difference to anyone outside of convenience, besides maybe making rookies more aware when they start naively pumping a stat toward 80.

Certainly don't think it'll 'break the game.' Plenty of other things do that.

Edit: Wow, a lot of improper wording in there. Fixed.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
you shouldn't have to do algebra to know what your current stats are

you shouldn't have to go out of your way to see said stats when it's possible to put that information in a more easily accessible place

there's no need to speak out against convenience for dev's sake when he can say himself whether the effort is worth it or not

i would personally like this so that i don't have to open up the community stat calculator just to figure out what my stats would be

please expand the window to give space to see scaled stats normally, as well as when allocating points
Eh, figured that'd be taken the wrong way.

My intent was not to speak against this idea. I'm for it, but I don't feel like it's something that should have to be... justified, or debated? It was less targeted at the original suggestion and more as a remark to this:

"Haunted Evil Pajamas" Wrote:While it does help out min-maxers, its not like not doing something like this will stop them.

It won't make a difference, at all. It's just so arbitrary a thing that it's both not worth objecting to by anyone but also not worth having to make a case for.

So I mean, if you want my official stance: +1 to OP, but we shouldn't even be bothering to keep count is what I'm saying.

I would be much more enthusiastic about this idea if the stat predictions when adjusting points didn't change all willy-nilly sometimes. Maybe I'm missing a pattern to it, but I end up disregarding anything I actually see on that screen until I hit Accept.

Perhaps this is a bit of ignorance on my part, like equipment stat boosts not being shown while adjusting points or something, but without that reliability for stat adjusting and only having the scaled stat view for a glance that's much less informative than the Battle Information's scaled stat preview that appropriately scales to new conditions that would change your scaled stat in battle, I'm quite passive about it.
And if that is the case, could we get that window to uh... not do that? It just looks very concerning when you see decreases in your attributes because of it.

Regardless, I apologize if either of these posts leave a bad impression.
That space is used for other things when you're distributing points.
"Neus" Wrote:That space is used for other things when you're distributing points.

You could do what I did with my calculator and make the scaled stat appear in a tooltip on hovering over the stat. Already have it for stat descriptions.
That would be a more realistic solution, yes.
Oh yeah, silly me. I forgot the buttons for distribution. Rofl, #JustLV60Things.

Anyway, hovering over would be fine if you could check it anytime 'while' distributing, instead of only after hitting 'confirm'.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]